Is Spaz ready to declare the Tuggle era over?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Is Spaz ready to declare the Tuggle era over?

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:12 am

Most people outside of the board think the problem is QB. And HS kids are generally just looking at the depth chart in front of them. I think he stays committed. Who knows.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:40 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Most people outside of the board think the problem is QB. And HS kids are generally just looking at the depth chart in front of them. I think he stays committed. Who knows.

I'm hopeful he views it from that perspective. A competitor that recognizes a great oppty to be the next BC product to go to the NFL. I'm also hopeful that this season doesn't blow up completely to the degree that dissension amongst the team and staff plays out publicly and that Tranquil's offense (or lack thereof) doesn't scare him off.

Let's hope Rettig doesn't read this board, because, ya know, recruits do read these things.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:02 am

Observer College just posted over at the Globe. The guy is fucking riot.

And Matt Tennant is right. If the passing game improves, then the running game improves. And Shinskie should not be doing what the coaches are doing, throwing the running game under the bus.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Bunratty on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:27 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Personally, I like mobile QBs. BC is the only school in the country that would prefer a stiff with a good arm over an athlete with a decent arm. Still playing football in the 80s.

So you would take Tuggle over Matty Ice? Or Matt Barkley???
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:32 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Personally, I like mobile QBs. BC is the only school in the country that would prefer a stiff with a good arm over an athlete with a decent arm. Still playing football in the 80s.

Or Tom Brady (pre-injury)?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:32 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Are they stiffs? No, I would prefer Tuggle over the two stiffs we have.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:32 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:

:gun
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:33 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Jesus, the suicide smiley is going to get worn out. What college does Tom Brady play for?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:36 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Jesus, the suicide smiley is going to get worn out. What college does Tom Brady play for?

I believe he plays for the New England School of Law.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

its a little early to be calling Shinskie and Marsco stiifs, no?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:56 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

No.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

No.

What evidence do you have that Mascrovetra is a stiff? He has barely played. Not saying he is the answer this year or anything, but to call him a "stiff" seems a little odd.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:20 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
What evidence do you have that Mascrovetra is a stiff? He has barely played. Not saying he is the answer this year or anything, but to call him a "stiff" seems a little odd.

Kind of like calling Tuggle a bust during his first offseason. :dildodog
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCWest on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Continued perception of piss poor QB play is going to do nothing but make Rettig want to come here faster.

True. I would agree with you all things being equal. But the second piece of that is what is happening around the QB. The HC is a question mark and the OC is just plain weak. The play calling was terrible. The offense was not prepared. One side of the OL was literally lining up with splits wide enough for 1/2 the Clemson team to get through.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:44 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Continued perception of piss poor QB play is going to do nothing but make Rettig want to come here faster.

True. I would agree with you all things being equal. But the second piece of that is what is happening around the QB. The HC is a question mark and the OC is just plain weak. The play calling was terrible. The offense was not prepared. One side of the OL was literally lining up with splits wide enough for 1/2 the Clemson team to get through.

You and I and most of this board know that. The coaches, innocentretard and the rest of the country think the QB sucks.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:45 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

No.

What evidence do you have that Mascrovetra is a stiff? He has barely played.

You answer your own question. :kudos
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:59 pm

I'm not so sure I'm going to defer to the coaching acumen of Spaz/Tranq to decide that their decision not to play Marscovetra that much is a definite indictment on Marscovetra.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:

No.

What evidence do you have that Mascrovetra is a stiff? He has barely played.

You answer your own question. :kudos

He's a true freshman.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Shinskie's a true freshman, too.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Why are people so high on Marscovetra but no one's mentioning Boek? We haven't seen him play much, so he must be awesomerific.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Why are people so high on Marscovetra but no one's mentioning Boek? We haven't seen him play much, so he must be awesomerific.

I'm not "high" on him at all. We know nothing about him....which is why I think its odd that you would declare him a stiff already.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Why are people so high on Marscovetra but no one's mentioning Boek? We haven't seen him play much, so he must be awesomerific.

I'm not "high" on him at all. We know nothing about him....which is why I think its odd that you would declare him a stiff already.

When did I declare any player a stiff? That's the coaching staff's job, apparently. :toby
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

We know plenty.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

We know plenty.

Like?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

When did I declare any player a stiff? That's the coaching staff's job, apparently. :toby

You didn't. Ballgame did.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

You didn't. Ballgame did.

I know I didn't. Then you shouldn't have responded to my post with "I think it's odd that you would declare him a stiff already."
:ignign
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:01 pm

Fuck it, TRE should get a shot. We've never seen him play, so he must be good. And since, like Marscovetra, no Division I school except BC thought he was worthy of a scholarship, he must be TEH AWESOME.

I know, I know, the 0.71428 TD/INT ratio his senior year in high school was probably on the crappy WRs he had. I know, I know, the fact that he couldn't get a shot at starting over the two guys we watched last weekend just means that he is a freshman, when those two guys are GASP! a freshman ("but, but....HE'S 25!!!!!!one1111!!") and a redshirt freshman ("but, but, he has had an extra SPRING in the system!!!!!!!111one!!!!").
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:06 pm

Neither Shinskie nor Marscovetra have shown me they deserve to be the #1 guy AT THIS POINT. That said, Tuggle hasn't really shown me that he's decisively the #1 guy. SOB needs to man up and be decisive though - this QB rotation thing is shit!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Fuck it, TRE should get a shot. We've never seen him play, so he must be good. And since, like Marscovetra, no Division I school except BC thought he was worthy of a scholarship, he must be TEH AWESOME.

I know, I know, the 0.71428 TD/INT ratio his senior year in high school was probably on the crappy WRs he had. I know, I know, the fact that he couldn't get a shot at starting over the two guys we watched last weekend just means that he is a freshman, when those two guys are GASP! a freshman ("but, but....HE'S 25!!!!!!one1111!!") and a redshirt freshman ("but, but, he has had an extra SPRING in the system!!!!!!!111one!!!!").

I know you hate the Mascrovetra bandwagon - and I'm not on it. I just can't believe you are calling him a stiff when he is a true freshman that has never played a meaningful down in college. Logan and Jags recruited him, not Spaz.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Fuck it, TRE should get a shot. We've never seen him play, so he must be good. And since, like Marscovetra, no Division I school except BC thought he was worthy of a scholarship, he must be TEH AWESOME.

I know you hate the Mascrovetra bandwagon - and I'm not on it. I just can't believe you are calling him a stiff when he is a true freshman that has never played a meaningful down in college. Logan and Jags recruited him, not Spaz.

Didn't we have this argument last year? How did that work out?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium