Is Spaz ready to declare the Tuggle era over?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Is Spaz ready to declare the Tuggle era over?

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:34 pm

This ain't EagleAction... and we ain't Spaz or Toby... the last thing we should be doing is throwing ANY player under the bus.... especially if they haven't yet definitively proven that they suck, kidnapped their girlfriend or gotten into fight with students on the line waiting to enter The Kells.

Right now, the problem is Tranq and Spaz. End of story. Fix that... then you guys can launch into your analysis of who sucks more.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:37 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:I know you hate the Mascrovetra bandwagon - and I'm not on it. I just can't believe you are calling him a stiff when he is a true freshman that has never played a meaningful down in college. Logan and Jags recruited him, not Spaz.

Didn't we have this argument last year? How did that work out?

I wasn't here last year. I was still at Eagle Insider then.[/quote]
Eagledom wasn't here or at Eagle Insider last year.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Big difference between this year and last year. Last year the coaching staff knew that Crane was considerably better than Davis and didn't play Davis even when Crane played poorly. This year the coaching staff can't settle.

Now maybe that's because this coaching staff is worse at talent evaluation. But it's also possible that the difference between the QBs is smaller.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:21 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Fuck it, TRE should get a shot. We've never seen him play, so he must be good. And since, like Marscovetra, no Division I school except BC thought he was worthy of a scholarship, he must be TEH AWESOME.

I know, I know, the 0.71428 TD/INT ratio his senior year in high school was probably on the crappy WRs he had. I know, I know, the fact that he couldn't get a shot at starting over the two guys we watched last weekend just means that he is a freshman, when those two guys are GASP! a freshman ("but, but....HE'S 25!!!!!!one1111!!") and a redshirt freshman ("but, but, he has had an extra SPRING in the system!!!!!!!111one!!!!").

I know you hate the Mascrovetra bandwagon - and I'm not on it. I just can't believe you are calling him a stiff when he is a true freshman that has never played a meaningful down in college. Logan and Jags recruited him, not Spaz.

Didn't we have this argument last year? How did that work out?

You're missing the point. This wasn't a "Mascro should be playing" thread.....I am not saying Mascrovetra should start this year or even be second string. I'm just wondering how someone could come to the conclusion that a true freshman that has never played meaningful time sucks.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:24 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This ain't EagleAction... and we ain't Spaz or Toby... the last thing we should be doing is throwing ANY player under the bus.... especially if they haven't yet definitively proven that they suck, kidnapped their girlfriend or gotten into fight with students on the line waiting to enter The Kells.

Right now, the problem is Tranq and Spaz. End of story. Fix that... then you guys can launch into your analysis of who sucks more.

^This is the right way to view the qb situation. ^

It's 3 games into the season and we have a rs freshman and 2 true freshmen qb's that are getting nohelp from their coaches. Instead they're getting jerked around and bad mouthed in the press by Spaz while Tranq takes a nap. First 2 games Tuggle and Shinskie split time and Marscovetra get a few series as well. Third game it looks like it will be the same thing, but Shinskie fumbles twice and the coaches give up on him and Tuggle plays the rest of the way, Marsco is no where to be seen. Fourth game you would think Tuggle's the guy, but wait a minute - Tuggle isn't good enough for them anymore so they turn back to Shinskie who they turned their back on last week. Oh, and Mascovetra will get some time too. How can any of these guys play well under these conditions??

GROW SOME BALLS AND PICK A STARTER !!! STAND BEHIND HIM AND DEVELOP GAME PLANS THAT FIT HIS SKILL SET!!! AND DON'T EVER BAD MOUTH YOUR PLAYERS TO THE PRESS AGAIN!!
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:40 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:This ain't EagleAction... and we ain't Spaz or Toby... the last thing we should be doing is throwing ANY player under the bus.... especially if they haven't yet definitively proven that they suck, kidnapped their girlfriend or gotten into fight with students on the line waiting to enter The Kells.

^This is the right way to view the qb situation. ^

It's 3 games into the season and we have a rs freshman and 2 true freshmen qb's that are getting nohelp from their coaches. Instead they're getting jerked around and bad mouthed in the press by Spaz while Tranq takes a nap. First 2 games Tuggle and Shinskie split time and Marscovetra get a few series as well. Third game it looks like it will be the same thing, but Shinskie fumbles twice and the coaches give up on him and Tuggle plays the rest of the way, Marsco is no where to be seen. Fourth game you would think Tuggle's the guy, but wait a minute - Tuggle isn't good enough for them anymore so they turn back to Shinskie who they turned their back on last week. Oh, and Mascovetra will get some time too. How can any of these guys play well under these conditions??

GROW SOME BALLS AND PICK A STARTER !!! STAND BEHIND HIM AND DEVELOP GAME PLANS THAT FIT HIS SKILL SET!!! AND DON'T EVER BAD MOUTH YOUR PLAYERS TO THE PRESS AGAIN!!

this is 100% right on. :spaz2 and :tranq are NOT handling this QB situtation well whatsoever.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium