Cookies and Naps

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Cookies and Naps

Postby bosa90 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:53 pm

First off, I think :spaz could possibly be the dumbest coach ever hired by America's Best College - in any sport. I think he would lose the Mirage Bowl to Temple, again. He's that bad.

But he is fucking right on about cookies and naps, and I will be GOD DAMNED if any of you fuckers drag cookies and naps down with the POS that is our new head football coach. I just ate a bag of Pepperidge Farm Sugar cookies and holy fucking jewish jesus christ were they good.

And naps are equally glorious. I cannot remember ever having a nap - be it post beije late afternoon in the mods, post smoking up with many of the late 80s football "greats" at BC (just before or immediately after they took the field) or after downing 3 gallons of bloodys during the "Emerald Isle Classic" in 88 - and regretting it afterwards. Naps and cookies rule. :spaz droolz.
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Re: Cookies and Naps

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:00 pm

Has anyone been able to YouTube that insane fluff piece????
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:12 pm

bosa90 {l Wrote}:First off, I think :spaz could possibly be the dumbest coach ever hired by America's Best College - in any sport. I think he would lose the Mirage Bowl to Temple, again. He's that bad.

But he is fucking right on about cookies and naps, and I will be GOD DAMNED if any of you fuckers drag cookies and naps down with the POS that is our new head football coach. I just ate a bag of Pepperidge Farm Sugar cookies and holy fucking jewish jesus christ were they good.

And naps are equally glorious. I cannot remember ever having a nap - be it post beije late afternoon in the mods, post smoking up with many of the late 80s football "greats" at BC (just before or immediately after they took the field) or after downing 3 gallons of bloodys during the "Emerald Isle Classic" in 88 - and regretting it afterwards. Naps and cookies rule. :spaz droolz.

We need stars to honor posts like this one. I was wrong. Bringing cookies and naps to the forefront might be the best thing Spaz ever does at the Heights.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:12 pm

I was in a wedding and had to miss the game. Someone fill me in on this cookies and naps thing, was it part of the lightening delay focus segment on Spaz?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:14 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
bosa90 {l Wrote}:First off, I think :spaz could possibly be the dumbest coach ever hired by America's Best College - in any sport. I think he would lose the Mirage Bowl to Temple, again. He's that bad.

We need stars to honor posts like this one. I was wrong. Bringing cookies and naps to the forefront might be the best thing Spaz ever does at the Heights.

I am working on this..
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:20 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I was in a wedding and had to miss the game. Someone fill me in on this cookies and naps thing, was it part of the lightening delay focus segment on Spaz?

During the delay Raycom ran a puff piece on Spaz. It was awful on many levels. I will try to recap. Others can add any details I missed.
-- Spaz in his office making corny jokes about his mustache while shredding paper.
-- Spaz shuffling around the res in full BC windbreaker suit, visor, awful shades, talking to little dogs while stock italian music played in the background (think the tarantella)
-- Spaz goes to Fenway and manages to alienate both Sox and Yankees fans by wearing a Red Sox hat (even though he is a supposedly a life long Yankees fan)
-- Staffers speak glowingly of Spaz and share that his secret to life and happiness are cookies and naps. Every day should have both.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:25 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I was in a wedding and had to miss the game. Someone fill me in on this cookies and naps thing, was it part of the lightening delay focus segment on Spaz?

During the delay Raycom ran a puff piece on Spaz. It was awful on many levels. I will try to recap. Others can add any details I missed.
-- Spaz in his office making corny jokes about his mustache while shredding paper.
-- Spaz shuffling around the res in full BC windbreaker suit, visor, awful shades, talking to little dogs while stock italian music played in the background (think the tarantella)
-- Spaz goes to Fenway and manages to alienate both Sox and Yankees fans by wearing a Red Sox hat (even though he is a supposedly a life long Yankees fan)
-- Staffers speak glowingly of Spaz and share that his secret to life and happiness are cookies and naps. Every day should have both.

It's over. I just switched to a hoops avatar (which looks about as good as Spaz and Tranq's gameplan). Countdown to St. Michael's!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:38 pm

I've gotta say, I don't take any enjoyment out of photoshopping Spaz the way I did Toby. Looking at picture of Spaz on google image search makes me feel bad. It used to be a struggle not to get giddy when I'd put Toby's head on the jorts-guy's body. I don't feel the same sense of smug satisfaction doing this now.

Current and former players love Spaz. I don't want their love for him to dry up. I want him to turn this around so badly. I want nothing more for him to prove that what happened on Saturday was an anomaly. If tranquil isn't getting the job done, hopefully Spaz won't be so stubborn about picking him as OC as :toby was about Bible.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Did Snoop provide you with that stock photo?

Tranquil and Devine need to be incorporated.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby billyshelby on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 pm

I'm not a nap guy, but I do believe everybody should give themself a cookie a day so in good conscience I have to give Spaz a free pass on this.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Did Snoop provide you with that stock photo?

I am holding out hope for Devine. Supposedly he is a good coach and wants simpler assignments for the line.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bcaddict on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Devine's a good shit.
bcaddict
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 pm

bcaddict {l Wrote}:

Devine's a good shit.

I was thinking of using "Devine" and "shit" in a sentence, but it didn't look anything like that. It looked more like "Devine can't coach O-Line play for shit, and he sucks balls."
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:27 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I am holding out hope for Devine. Supposedly he is a good coach and wants simpler assignments for the line.

I wonder two things about Devine: (1) Whether he's been handed a scheme to teach that he thinks is idiotic but has a job to teach and (2) whether he was told specifically what to prepare the OL for against Clemson no matter if he believed it was right or wrong. As to that, the quotes in the paper said specifically that the OL was confused because they weren't seeing things in the game they saw on tape. That should have been obvious because Clemson faced two offenses in the first weeks that ran option based run schemes and the Clemson D had to adjust. It was in the freakin' papers that they were looking forward to playing a more conventional offense (which we shouldn't run but that's beside the point.) They should have been prepared way beyond the tape. I'm guessing Devine is told to prepare the line for whatever his bosses see coming, but maybe he just missed the boat. I tend to think the former, not the latter.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:28 pm

bcaddict {l Wrote}:

Devine's shit.

I completely agree.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby bcaddict on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bcaddict {l Wrote}:

Devine's a good shit.

I was thinking of using "Devine" and "shit" in a sentence, but it didn't look anything like that. It looked more like "Devine can't coach O-Line play for shit, and he sucks balls."

or this: "shit rolls down hill"

Devine is far "less at fault" for the atrocious OL performance than that joke of an OC we have. I know that may mean little considering their performance, but he's a really good coach from what I hear. I'd pass the blame this time around.
bcaddict
Carney Hall

Postby TurdFerguson on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:51 pm

spazcookies.jpg
spazcookies.jpg (95.73 KiB) Viewed 8056 times
Well, when I see five weirdos, dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's *my* policy!
TurdFerguson
Carney Hall

Postby DougBushBC on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I was thinking of using "Devine" and "shit" in a sentence, but it didn't look anything like that. It looked more like "Devine can't coach O-Line play for shit, and he sucks balls."

This is accurate. And I do love naps, it is too bad that both Spaz and his OC Tranquilizer took theirs on Saturday between 12 and 5.
DougBushBC
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:58 am

TurdFerguson {l Wrote}:
spazcookies.jpg

5 stars, exalt, whatever... bravo.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium