the quitter comment

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

the quitter comment

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 pm

OK, I was dead wrong. I was SO FUCKING PISSED after the game and then to read comments that the team was going into the shitter for years, got me. I wanted to believe it was just one game.

Now, after 2 days of thought, and a lot less alcohol, and reflecting on the WORST offensive performamnce in BC history, I realize that this is looking too much like TOB version 2. So mea culpa.

Now, after reading Atlanta's post, it is even worse than I thought. The offense should be GOOD. At least better than last year. So where do we go from here. You almost want to think that 1 bad year, there will be changes, and we have the talent to recover. But there is no way in hell Gene is going to make changes. Is Tranquil leaving enough? Would that even happen after 1 year? What is the best situation to hope for right now?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: the quitter comment

Postby joemack13 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Best case we make Spaz and Tranq an offer they can't refuse. I know of a nice little retirement community in North Carolina where they can have seven women to each of them and still have time to slap hands with their friend toby. Mama mia
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Eagledom you will feel a lot better about BC football after you eat some cookies and take a nap.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:12 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Eagledom you will feel a lot better about BC football after you eat some cookies and take a nap.

While wearing the hat of whatever team is the sworn enemy of the baseball team you professed to love. Redsox hat wearing dickweed! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:20 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Eagledom you will feel a lot better about BC football after you eat some cookies and take a nap.

Atlanta, I think your blog is awesome, and don't give you any shit...I am not one of the old guard. I don't post here to give any one shit.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Atlanta, I think your blog is awesome, and don't give you any shit...I am not one of the old guard. I don't post here to give any one shit.

The Merrymen returns.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:23 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I wasn't trying to give you shit. I was referencing the worst piece of tape television I've ever seen BC involved in.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:28 pm

what really really sucks about all of this is we normally could say "at least we aren't Maryland or Virginia....", but their coaches could very well be gone after this year.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:what really really sucks about all of this is we normally could say "at least we aren't Maryland or Virginia....", but their coaches could very well be gone after this year.

UVA and certainly MD have better coaching staffs than ours... today and obviously next season. We are in year of sucking... think what it was like the first season a UVA fan realized Groh was clownshoes.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:46 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:what really really sucks about all of this is we normally could say "at least we aren't Maryland or Virginia....", but their coaches could very well be gone after this year.

UVA and certainly MD have better coaching staffs than ours... today and obviously next season. We are in year of sucking... think what it was like the first season a UVA fan realized Groh was clownshoes.

If we are talking about Maryland we should note that Don Brown is not looking so hot as a DIA DC. Score one for our little Napoleon!
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:50 pm

So how many ACC schools are going to be fighting over Jags this season?
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Don Brown has nothing to work with... it ain't like he is taking over some sick D on a team that won the Atlantic last year. He was brought in to try and fix a shitshow.

As for Jags, I don't know how many offers he will have, but I guarantee that coaches we looked at recently, Whipple, London, Golden, Edsall, Holtz will all have their programs in better shape than our POS program. BTW, UConn finally has a chance to make their move.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:

Jags won't be in the ACC this year. No one (other than NCSU) wants sloppy seconds. UVA supposedly has its eyes on London and have Whipple as Plan B. Maryland will probably talk to Whipple and whoever else is a hot name by the end of the year. Or they may go cheap and actually promote their "coach in waiting." I see Jags at Louisville or a lower level Big 10 opening (Indiana maybe?).

Regardless, TOB, Whipple and Jags will be coaching BCS teams next year. So will Mike London and Randy Edsall. You may even see Addazio and Skip Holtz with BCS programs. Taking Gene's rejects will be the best screening process in the country for other ADs.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Don Brown has nothing to work with... it ain't like he is taking over some sick D on a team that won the Atlantic last year. He was brought in to try and fix a shitshow.

As for Jags, I don't know how many offers he will have, but I guarantee that coaches we looked at recently whose names were tossed around but never seriously considered, Whipple, London, Golden, Edsall, Holtz will all have their programs in better shape than our POS program. BTW, UConn finally has a chance to make their move.

Since my editing powers were taken away from me (with good reason), I fixed your quote here for accuracy.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:00 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

Jags won't be in the ACC this year. No one (other than NCSU) wants sloppy seconds. UVA supposedly has its eyes on London and have Whipple as Plan B. Maryland will probably talk to Whipple and whoever else is a hot name by the end of the year. Or they may go cheap and actually promote their "coach in waiting." I see Jags at Louisville or a lower level Big 10 opening (Indiana maybe?).

Regardless, TOB, Whipple and Jags will be coaching BCS teams next year. So will Mike London and Randy Edsall. You may even see Addazio and Skip Holtz with BCS programs. Taking Gene's rejects will be the best screening process in the country for other ADs.

I was more riffing on the article that was posted here earlier that stated that UVA and UMD would be fighting for who got to interview Jags first. I'm not sure I'd want him back after he showed his true colors.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Sadly noted.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

I was more riffing on the article that was posted here earlier that stated that UVA and UMD would be fighting for who got to interview Jags first. I'm not sure I'd want him back after he showed his true colors.

yeah but the advantage schools have now is that no pro team will touch him for a few years, so if he wants to coach in college, he may be there for a while.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:09 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

You really see Jags coming back to college?
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

where else is he going to go?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:19 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

I am not sure, but I was under the impressions the reasons he left college would still be there when he returned...
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:23 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

I am not sure, but I was under the impressions the reasons he left college would still be there when he returned...

Don't believe the hype. You can question how he approached recruiting but it wasn't the reason he things went bad (see Siravo and Spaz). It was about $ and power. I don't know what he will do but speculation from his camp is back to college where he can be the head guy again.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:25 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

Don't believe the hype. You can question how he approached recruiting but it wasn't the reason he things went bad (see Siravo and Spaz). It was about $ and power. I don't know what he will do but speculation from his camp is back to college where he can be the head guy again.

Fully aware of the dynamics involving the two people you mentioned. Was not pretty.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby billyshelby on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:31 pm

This needs to be youtubed. If people see the way he said what he said, not just what he said, they would realize how completely awful it was. I'll go out on a limb and guess Spaz has never seen Patton.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 am

billyshelby {l Wrote}:This needs to be youtubed. If people see the way he said what he said, not just what he said, they would realize how completely awful it was. I'll go out on a limb and guess Spaz has never seen Patton.

I checked espn360 last night..half time interview is there. I even think that embarassing piece may appear since the video is like 5 hrs long.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Mr. O on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:23 am

I can't see a program that is down rolling the dice on Jags. He did prove to be a good manager of a program already built to win, but his two year stint at BC didn't prove he can build a program to compete at the top of a BCS conference. That doesn't mean he can't do it. It will be interesting to see where he lands. Maybe he can get himself involved with another situation like BC under TOB or PJ at GT where the programs had become stagnant and it was just time for both the coaches and programs to go in different directions.

Atl: What was the deal with his firing at TB? Any scoop on that one?
Mr. O
n00b

Postby BigPete on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:53 am

Fucking MerryMen.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:25 am

[quote="shockdoct"Fully aware of the dynamics involving the two people you mentioned. Was not pretty.[/quote]

What happened with Siravo and :spaz ?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:02 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:Fully aware of the dynamics involving the two people you mentioned. Was not pretty.

What happened with Siravo and :spaz ?

:spaz could be either one.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium