Why I am angry

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Why I am angry

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:26 pm

I believe you are referring to good 'ol Statler and Waldorf:

BC football: feel the excitement!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:32 pm

campion {l Wrote}:I had a shitty weekend. My cheap wife and her military bride sister conspired so that I got to spend 2 nights in a damp humid RV in a driveway. Then, the weather. I've never been hit by lightning, and I have no desire to be hit. It wasn't a brutal thunderstorm, but the delays were brutal. After the second one I had a section to myself, as everyone except my nephew and I left the stadium.

People here know that Jack Concannon was my first BC QB. I remember the drop off from Cocannon to DeVito and Foley; from Flutie to Halloran and Peach; and even from the string of Harris/Marangi/Kruczek to Jay Palazola, "troubled" Kenny Smith, and the Loughery/Scala debacle. I have seen anemic BC offenses- a couple of games at West Point in 65 and 85 stand out in particular-- But nothing like this. You are wrong if you think this is TOB-- this isn't TOB. TOB plateaued at 8 or 9 wins. This is more Ed Chlebek. O'Brien held kids back-- these guys have taken something that wasn't broken and they have fucked with it so that it is busted. And for no good reason. TRE's Muppets picture when they were first hired seems so damned prophetic now.

Things change really quickly in college sports-- you have a guy for 3 or 4 years and that's it-- your whole team turns over. But with relatively little turnover (we had no QB last year, either) these guys have blown up one of the country's most consistently-mid-range-successful (thanks, TOB) programs in less than a full semester. run run hail mary-- not even a target-- just heave it up. Everyone on our schedule now knows that BC is afraid or unable to throw downfield, so expect more of the same. And I would be very surprised if guys who have been coaching offense since dickety two are going to change it up because what Jago did works better-- old guys don't think that way-- believe me, they are blaming the kids for being slow learners.

I have seen more BC floperoos in nearly 50 years than I care to admit. But nothing like this, where a talented set of players have somehow "forgotten" how to play.

Pray for a scandal so we can clean them all out.

DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Well at least you had the RV experience. Did you get to barbecue? What are Clemson's facilities like? Plenty of porto potties?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby BigPete on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:00 pm

I am pretty sure I saw Campy and his family with about 4:19 (or was it 4:29) remaining in the game -- they cut to a shot of 4 BC die-hards in ponchos. Please tell me this was you Campion, because regardless of your answer I will always believe this was a picture of you. I will take a screenshot of my DVR'd copy of the game tonight.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:03 pm

I was not at the game this year. I watched the game in the Heights Room on campus.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Today BC Heights announced that not one freshman at BC was a commuter.

Wow, 39 years later and I can get a space to park from South Street.

I was a commuter on campus and BC didn't tell me I was a ward of the KOSS?

I wonder if my NY State plates still have those 34 Newton Parking tickets?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:14 pm

The amazing thing about this game is that I never once swore aloud and never once attempted to toss, punch, or destroy some type of inanimate object. I can't remember the last time I haven't acted in any or all of these manners during a BC Game. It was as if I was numb. I knew early that the game was lost, that BC had no chance, and that the coaching staff (on the offensive side of the field) had either given up or were clueless. My wife was amazed and impressed, yet she doesn't realize that the numbness I portrayed was due to pain and anguish much deeper than that felt during BC games in the recent past. She thinks I've matured. She's wrong. I know that BC has got a disaster-level blunder on its hands, and I'm in for a season of numbness unless something drastic happens. I can only hope Coach Chimp saves our season. :ginger
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:22 pm

You surely must jest? I'm not going to be the one to do it, but this is just too easy.

[/quote] I was with my 15 yo nephew (in a nice way). [/quote]
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:22 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You surely must jest? I'm not going to be the one to do it, but this is just too easy.

I was with my 15 yo nephew (in a nice way).

As long as it's not in a "Snoop" way.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby dixieagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:01 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Today BC Heights announced that not one freshman at BC was a commuter.

Wow, 39 years later and I can get a space to park from South Street.

I was a commuter on campus and BC didn't tell me I was a ward of the KOSS?

I wonder if my NY State plates still have those 34 Newton Parking tickets?

You were a commuter, too? I drove up from the South Shore every day because we lived "too close" to campus to qualify for housing. That, and my mother didn't trust my male classmates.
dixieagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:33 pm

campion {l Wrote}:I had a shitty weekend. My cheap wife and her military bride sister conspired so that I got to spend 2 nights in a damp humid RV in a driveway. Then, the weather. I've never been hit by lightning, and I have no desire to be hit. It wasn't a brutal thunderstorm, but the delays were brutal. After the second one I had a section to myself, as everyone except my nephew and I left the stadium.

People here know that Jack Concannon was my first BC QB. I remember the drop off from Cocannon to DeVito and Foley; from Flutie to Halloran and Peach; and even from the string of Harris/Marangi/Kruczek to Jay Palazola, "troubled" Kenny Smith, and the Loughery/Scala debacle. I have seen anemic BC offenses- a couple of games at West Point in 65 and 85 stand out in particular-- But nothing like this. You are wrong if you think this is TOB-- this isn't TOB. TOB plateaued at 8 or 9 wins. This is more Ed Chlebek. O'Brien held kids back-- these guys have taken something that wasn't broken and they have fucked with it so that it is busted. And for no good reason. TRE's Muppets picture when they were first hired seems so damned prophetic now.

Things change really quickly in college sports-- you have a guy for 3 or 4 years and that's it-- your whole team turns over. But with relatively little turnover (we had no QB last year, either) these guys have blown up one of the country's most consistently-mid-range-successful (thanks, TOB) programs in less than a full semester. run run hail mary-- not even a target-- just heave it up. Everyone on our schedule now knows that BC is afraid or unable to throw downfield, so expect more of the same. And I would be very surprised if guys who have been coaching offense since dickety two are going to change it up because what Jago did works better-- old guys don't think that way-- believe me, they are blaming the kids for being slow learners.

I have seen more BC floperoos in nearly 50 years than I care to admit. But nothing like this, where a talented set of players have somehow "forgotten" how to play.

Pray for a scandal so we can clean them all out.

I have been watching BC since 1969 and echo everything that Campion is saying. I personally experienced the Ed Chlebek years as a Fball manager starting my sophomore year. This is a repeat of that. I hate to say it but we may be begging for the "Days of Tobias" before Spaz and Tranq are done We have a serious risk of being "Cused" that meaning going down like Syracuse because they didn't like Paul P because he hadn't taken them far enough. Then the Cuse just fell off a cliff. This Oline needs to step up fast and dominate so that we can run and short pass. Otherwise, "Gulliver, we are doomed"
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium