Spaz Halftime Interview

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Spaz Halftime Interview

Postby jersey01eagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:07 pm

For those that missed it, here is the text from the :spaz2 halftime interview:

Spaz, What do you gotta do offensively to get back in this game?

Well, we’ve gotta get a first down first, Mike. That’s the first thing we’ve gotta do. We’re a little flustered, we’ve got a little inexperienced group back there and it got to us a little bit. But, I think we’ll be alright. We’ve got coaches and we’ve got good players. We’ve gotta make a first down and we’ve gotta get on the board.

If there was a positive in the first half it was that your defense was able to keep them out of the end zone when they got down into the red zone.

Well, absolutely, this could have been real ugly, and it may get real ugly, but the defense held them out of the endzone and gave us a chance. If we could somehow come up with something right here maybe we could make a game of it.
jersey01eagle
n00b

Re: Spaz Halftime Interview

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Ok, what are people upset about?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:12 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Ok, what are people upset about?

"It may get real ugly"

Sounds like he's really giving the offense (and 'great coaches') his vote of confidence. Even saying maybe the D has lucked out with their performance.
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:13 pm

It loses something when you can't see the fucking "My Mom just dies and my wife just left me and my team fucking sucks" look on his face.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby unblinkingeye on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 pm

It wasn't that bad. Some of you argue for argument's sake.
unblinkingeye
n00b

Postby bosa90 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It loses something when you can't see the fucking "My Mom just dies and my wife just left me and my team fucking sucks" look on his face.

Does anyone have the video?
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:35 pm

unblinkingeye {l Wrote}:It wasn't that bad. Some of you argue for argument's sake.

Says the fake profile that comes here to argue.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby billyshelby on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:36 pm

jersey01eagle {l Wrote}:If we could somehow come up with something right here maybe we could make a game of it.

Maybe I was in such shock that this didn't register. But this is almost worse than 'it could get real ugly.' A 16 point deficit means we have to score quickly to maybe have a chance to win? What would he say if we were down 8? We've got a mountain to climb but we just might have a shot?
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Not sure if anyone else pointed this out, but I don't understand why they didn't go for 2 after the touchdown. Seemed like an obvious decision since they were down by 19 at the time and two touchdowns + an field goal is easier than three touchdowns.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:38 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:jersey01eagle is a rabblerousing jerk. i bet he could tell us what they had for dinner at the merrymen's ball

there, i said it!

I bet his whole family is a bunch of homos.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:41 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Not sure if anyone else pointed this out, but I don't understand why they didn't go for 2 after the touchdown. Seemed like an obvious decision since they were down by 19 at the time and two touchdowns + an field goal is easier than three touchdowns.

do you have 74 on ignore or was this fastitiousness

Not on ignore, but I must have overlooked some of this posts expecting them to be more Greg Paulus manlove and Cleveland Browns criticisms. As always you miss some good stuff if you skim a 74 post and don't read it word for word.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby jersey01eagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:43 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:jersey01eagle is a rabblerousing jerk. i bet he could tell us what they had for dinner at the merrymen's ball

there, i said it!

I bet his whole family is a bunch of homos.

I will not be drawn into your shenanigans, which I would prefer to enjoy from afar.

I guess I should have ended with, "He was just sayin'..."
jersey01eagle
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Not sure if anyone else pointed this out, but I don't understand why they didn't go for 2 after the touchdown. Seemed like an obvious decision since they were down by 19 at the time and two touchdowns + an field goal is easier than three touchdowns.

I was saying the same thing after the TD. There's no difference between 19-6 and 19-7. I guess the only thing that would stop you from going for two is if you are thinking they will probably get another FG in the next quarter and a half....so you would need 16 instead of 15 if you missed. But I think you still gotta go for 2 there.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby bosa90 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Not on ignore, but I must have overlooked some of this posts expecting them to be more Greg Paulus manlove and Cleveland Browns criticisms. As always you miss some good stuff if you skim a 74 post and don't read it word for word.

Here's a little taste of what 74 thought:

I still can't believe that Spaz did not go for 2.

Even if you miss 1 2 pointer, you still need to get a TD to win 20-19 intead of the game tying FG.

SPAZ YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON.

Who on that staff can't add or figure that out.

We need 2 -- 2 pointers or 3 TDS?

Miss one, no matter 19-6 --- 19-13 -- 20-19.

GOD DAMN IDIOCY!
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:01 pm

bosa90 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Here's a little taste of what 74 thought:

I still can't believe that Spaz did not go for 2.

Even if you miss 1 2 pointer, you still need to get a TD to win 20-19 intead of the game tying FG.

SPAZ YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON.

Who on that staff can't add or figure that out.

We need 2 -- 2 pointers or 3 TDS?

Miss one, no matter 19-6 --- 19-13 -- 20-19.

GOD DAMN IDIOCY!

Endless Mike will also be taken care of when 9 goes MIA.

Just like the day of Carlo's kid's baptism, I will atke care of all the family's business at once.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:06 pm

I mean no disrespect. Sometimes I just get lost when a single post includes 3 different colors, 6 different font sizes, an intermission in which the Redhead interjects and hits you with the spatula, a story about being Mikhail Baryshnikov's wing man in NYC, and the entire Cleveland Browns 1957 starting lineup. Each post probably unlocks a secret about the Freemasons and predicts the winning lottery numbers, but there's just so much information to take in it's understandable that I miss a comment about going for 2 after a touchdown.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
unblinkingeye {l Wrote}:It wasn't that bad. Some of you argue for argument's sake.

Says the fake profile that comes here to argue.

FAXCIAL

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I mean no disrespect. Sometimes I just get lost when a single post includes 3 different colors, 6 different font sizes, an intermission in which the Redhead interjects and hits you with the spatula, a story about being Mikhail Baryshnikov's wing man in NYC, -- I wasn't his wingman I tried to nail Jessica Lange before he came in that little pinko----- and the entire Cleveland Browns 1957 starting lineup. Each post probably unlocks a secret about the Freemasons and predicts the winning lottery numbers, but there's just so much information to take in it's understandable that I miss a comment about going for 2 after a touchdown.

Ok, except for the wingman deal, its accurate.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:20 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I mean no disrespect. Sometimes I just get lost when a single post includes 3 different colors, 6 different font sizes, an intermission in which the Redhead interjects and hits you with the spatula, a story about being Mikhail Baryshnikov's wing man in NYC, and the entire Cleveland Browns 1957 starting lineup. Each post probably unlocks a secret about the Freemasons and predicts the winning lottery numbers, but there's just so much information to take in it's understandable that I miss a comment about going for 2 after a touchdown.

i find that to best (and funniest) parts.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:40 pm

Wow! Just saw it for the first time and just puked on the dog. It should be pointed out (for those that have not seen it) that the interview took place while the teams were coming out for the 2nd half, not when they were going in; which makes it much worse!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby auggiebc on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:51 pm

I don't have a problem with that. The rule of thumb says never go for 2 unless you have to.

I just can't warm up to Spaz ever since that halftime interview. Thank god it's not on youtube for his players to watch.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:55 pm

talon
Cushing Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium