After two days to calm down, my thoughts on Saturday

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

After two days to calm down, my thoughts on Saturday

Postby apbc12 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:19 am

I have spent the last thirty six hours sobering up, cooling off and really considering my reaction to Saturday's game. I agree with much of what has been said by others previously, but felt this deserved its own thread. My reaction is as follows:

<fart>

We suck this year, and that's pretty much it.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Re: After two days to calm down, my thoughts on Saturday

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:28 am

Don't let the we suck mantra pervade! This team should win 5 games at a minimum. Anything less is unacceptable given the talent and the schedule. Hell even after last week's disaster we opened as only a 2.5 dog to Wake. Hold the coaches responsible.

Bill McGovern had as many critical pieces lost as Tranq yet worked miracles Saturday. We were an embarrassment on offense that returned 6 starters and several other contributors.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:28 am

Well, to be fair, only half the team sucks this year. The defense is solid. But the offense is pretty :lame .
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:36 am

Yes, I should have been more specific. The defense is awesome again, despite losing its four best players. They kept playing balls to the wall despite the offense, special teams (i.e. Gunnell), and coaching staff (McGovern excepted) apparently quitting in the first quarter.

The offense was worse than I have ever seen it. Literally, ever. Northeastern's offense looked better against BC's defense than BC's offense looked against Clemson's defense. If Gary Tranquill is still working for the football team in any capacity on December 31, I might be watching next season from prison, because I will ensure that he is not doing so on January 2.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 am

:angrychicken BC aint got no speeeeeeeeeeed! :screamyeagle
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium