Thank you, this sucks and a questions...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Thank you, this sucks and a questions...

Postby xu9697 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:35 am

I have seen none of the 3 games (no coverage in Cleveland, Ohio, my cable supplier doesn't have ESPN 360, etc.). That is the "this sucks".

Thank you to everyone on here for detailing the issues. Seems like OL is the biggest one.

Questions (all based on Tuggle movement)= are they rolling Tuggle out at all? Either out on an island or moving the pocket? Would it help the line or make it worse? Would it help Tuggle see the field better, or has that only been an issue b/c he is under intense pressure?
xu9697
Carney Hall

Re: Thank you, this sucks and a questions...

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:38 am

I think rolling Tuggle would result in him getting flattened as both DEs and usually another Clemson player was the backfield before he could finish a three step drop.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:47 am

Anything would have been better than the same predictable shit they kept doing. After 73 consecutive series where Danquil called run up the middle, run up the middle, 3 yard swing pass attempt on 3rd and 11, the only adjustment they made was to have Tuggle try to heave the ball downfield. That was disastrous both because the OLine's protection was terrible and because, frankly, I don't think Tuggle's a very good thrower at this point. By all accounts, he's actually a bit better when he's moving, and although he's not considered a running QB, he's pretty mobile.

So, with that all laid out, doesn't it seem some adjustments were in order? At least try to move the pocket to get Tuggle moving away from the bull rush that was occurring on every play and see what he could do either throwing on the move or using his feet to get some yardage? That made too much sense for Old Man Dumbo, and Spaz's lack of leadership as a Head Coach showed when he had 3 locker room stoppages where he could have forced the Old Fucking Man to make some adjustments, but failed to do so.

Bottom Line - OLine sucked, Tranquil made Bible look like he's an innovative offensive mind, and Spaz reminded all of us of :toby .

Not good.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:05 am

We did roll the pocket a few times and it looked good. We didn't do it enough. Tuggle also bootleged once for a nice pass. The one TD was actually a great play by Tuggle as the pocket was collapsing on a blitz and he was rolling right. Tuggle showed he can run. We need to dust off Logan's playbook and put him in the shotgun all day. Have 3 wide, 1 TE/HB, 1 RB and have the line block zone left or right all day. Have Tuggle in the option. He makes one read and has three options: hand off, keep it or throw. It may not set the world on fire but it will net us more than 54 yards.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby auggiebc on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:08 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:We did roll the pocket a few times and it looked good. We didn't do it enough. Tuggle also bootleged once for a nice pass. The one TD was actually a great play by Tuggle as the pocket was collapsing on a blitz and he was rolling right. Tuggle showed he can run. We need to dust off Logan's playbook and put him in the shotgun all day. Have 3 wide, 1 TE/HB, 1 RB and have the line block zone left or right all day. Have Tuggle in the option. He makes one read and has three options: hand off, keep it or throw. It may not set the world on fire but it will net us more than 54 yards.

ATL for OC.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:10 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:We did roll the pocket a few times and it looked good. We didn't do it enough. Tuggle also bootleged once for a nice pass. The one TD was actually a great play by Tuggle as the pocket was collapsing on a blitz and he was rolling right. Tuggle showed he can run. We need to dust off Logan's playbook and put him in the shotgun all day. Have 3 wide, 1 TE/HB, 1 RB and have the line block zone left or right all day. Have Tuggle in the option. He makes one read and has three options: hand off, keep it or throw. It may not set the world on fire but it will net us more than 54 yards.

KOSS-

No offense intended, but isn't that the problem?

BC is running the GLBT schemes, formations, plays and all else and Topo Gigio ain't ever gonna find let alone use the Logan's Run Playbook?

Logan's playbook is DOA.

We are back to Nemo Light.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:13 am

Imagine the 3 most basic plays in Bible's playbook. Imagine Tranq calling them about 40 times on Saturday. One thing that would have been helpful would have been the read option... or just an option... to keep the DEs honest as they were in jailbreak mode all effing day.

Put it this way... every fear... every dire prediction... every negative thought... I have had about the Spaz hire came true on Saturday. When you have a D coach as your head coach, the single most important hire is the OC. It is the difference between Woody Widenhoffer and Greg Robinson and Pete Carroll and Bob Stoops. Spaz hiring an OC that is actually WORSE than Bible (hard to believe... I know) sealed his fate. If he had any balls, he would have promoted Bick Jr. or asked Logan to stay. Instead, he went with someone to make himself look competent and younger in comparison.

At the end of the day... it ain't Spaz's fault he ain't cut out to be a head coach. It is Gene's fault for insisting that he select a head man that no pro, college or HS program would ever consider poaching. Gene is everything that is wrong with our program. And... that ain't changing anytime soon.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:36 am

Look, I think we all need to back off the ledge here a little bit. We were terrible on Saturday, which I totally agree with, absolutely miserable. A large chunk of the blame goes to the coaching staff, who were playing not to get blown out instead of trying to win. Here are my thoughts:

(1) Tuggle didn't play that poorly. He did not have a chance since his WR's refused to actually catch a ball and his OL was absolutely miserable. Most plays, he didn't even have a chance to throw the ball to a receiver because he was too busy avoiding DaQuan Bowers who we somehow made look like Reggie White on Saturday. Tuggle made a couple good plays with his legs, and we put him in a terrible position being down in the game early on and having to throw. Late in the game, Clemson knew he had to throw and it was pouring rain, a couple of those deep balls certainly slipped. If he plays miserably against Wake and FSU, I'll retract these comments but give the guy a chance.

(2) Thomas Claiborne should have his scholarship revoked after what I saw on Saturday. At least Costanzo and Tennant attempted to block someone. There were numerous plays when a DL from Clemson would just run by Claiborne and he would just stand there. The OL in all was terrible but I still don't think they're as bad as we saw.

(3) Kicking to Spiller is the dumbest thing I've ever seen so I'm not quite sure what happened there.

(4) The defense was awesome all things considered.

Wake Forest is not good so they are beatable. We have no idea what FSU team will decide to show up and even though they scored 54 points against BYU, Ponder sucks so we always have a chance there. We'll get killed against VT at Lane but after that, CMU, ND, NCST and UNC are all winable games. Also, we still have UVA and MD on the schedule and even on the road, they are far worse than we are. So in conclusion, let's all give this team a chance against Wake before we jump off the ledge.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:38 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:BC is running the GLBT schemes, formations, plays and all else and Topo Gigio ain't ever gonna find let alone use the Logan's Run Playbook?

Did you see them run the homohump on 3rd and long? Disgustiad!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:41 am

My biggest complaint is what has been done to our OL. They were never thought of as a question mark heading into this year and this is simply unacceptable. Outside of that, if we continue to see more of the same from the offense, I'll be very disappointed. If Tranq and co. learn from what they saw Saturday and adjust, then I'm off ledge.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:43 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:They were never thought of as a question mark heading into this year and this is simply unacceptable.

This bears repeating. I was concerned about the DLine, the linebackers, the quarterbacks, and special teams. I hadn't even considered there would be problems with an OLine that was solid last season.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:04 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}: We'll get killed against VT at Lane

I don't even want to think about that game. Watching Spaz and Tranquil run the ball into 8 man fronts against that D is going to be even more painful than Clemson.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:06 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:BC is running the GLBT schemes, formations, plays and all else and Topo Gigio ain't ever gonna find let alone use the Logan's Run Playbook?

Did you see them run the homohump on 3rd and long? Disgustiad!

Gary Long Ball Tranquill--since he never throws deep or successfully deep. = GLBT. A queer's Special offense.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:38 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I don't even want to think about that game. Watching Spaz and Tranquil run the ball into 8 man fronts against that D is going to be even more painful than Clemson.

What are they saying about this issue on Eagle Action?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:What are they saying about this issue on Eagle Action?

Eagle Action {l Wrote}:Durrrrrrr. Hurrr. Durrrrr.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:49 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Don't try to disguise it. The tone in that post was obvious. Go ahead and stop watching. No one needs you as a "fan"
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:30 am

talon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Don't try to disguise it. The tone in that post was obvious. Go ahead and stop watching. No one needs you as a "fan"

What tone?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 am

your tone suggesting you're giving up on the team for the VT game. If you want to wear the crown of being BC's best fan because you're not upset at the offense's performance against Clemson, you can't concede defeat against VT so soon, quitter.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:42 am

talon {l Wrote}:your tone suggesting you're giving up on the team for the VT game. If you want to wear the crown of being BC's best fan because you're not upset at the offense's performance against Clemson, you can't concede defeat against VT so soon, quitter.

When did I say I was not upset after the clemson game? Never, but nice try. When did I say I conceded defeat against VT? Again, nice try. Will we lose against VT if we use the same game plan we had against Clemson? Yes. I hoping that that doesn't happen. Listen, I know you have some sort of problem with me, but you don't have to argue with my posts just for the sake of arguing. Its annoying. Especially when you make shit up that I said in order to make some sort of point. If you don't like me put me on ignore, rather than this bullshit.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby dixieagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:42 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:My biggest complaint is what has been done to our OL. They were never thought of as a question mark heading into this year and this is simply unacceptable. Outside of that, if we continue to see more of the same from the offense, I'll be very disappointed. If Tranq and co. learn from what they saw Saturday and adjust, then I'm off ledge.

That's the thing that was most disturbing to me; we don't usually have to worry about the OL, no matter what else is going wrong. Something very, very bad has happened.
dixieagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby talon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:44 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:When did I say I was not upset after the clemson game? Never, but nice try.

you labeled anyone who was upset as "quitting on the team." you said you didn't quit on the team, so it seams reasonable to assume that you weren't upset, because if you were upset, then you, too, would have quit on the team.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:44 am

Just for the record, since I live in VA and have tickets in the BC Section for the VT game, it's going to be an ugly scene if that game looks anything like Clemson. I think the parents of the kids on the offensive line will be crying by the end of the game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:46 am

Eagledom is quitting already? Good riddance, jerk! :toby
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:48 am

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:50 am

talon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:When did I say I was not upset after the clemson game? Never, but nice try.

you labeled anyone who was upset as "quitting on the team." you said you didn't quit on the team, so it seams reasonable to assume that you weren't upset, because if you were upset, then you, too, would have quit on the team.

No, I was pissed off about the loss and annoyed that people viewed this loss as proof that the whole program is going down the tubes. That's what I called quitting on the team. I explained my point of view the next day, but you are just going to argue with me for any reason you can. I have no idea why, because I am just as pissed about what I watched on Saturday as you are.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:51 am

We'll get along fine without you Eagledom! Nobody needs a quitter like you!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:53 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:No, I was pissed off about the loss and annoyed that people viewed this loss as proof that the whole program is going down the tubes. That's what I called quitting on the team. I explained my point of view the next day, but you are just going to argue with me for any reason you can. I have no idea why, because I am just as pissed about what I watched on Saturday as you are.

give me three things that you saw on Saturday that would lead anybody to have optimism for the rest of the season. I'll help you out:

1) The defense played well
2) ???
3) ???
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:59 am

talon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:No, I was pissed off about the loss and annoyed that people viewed this loss as proof that the whole program is going down the tubes. That's what I called quitting on the team. I explained my point of view the next day, but you are just going to argue with me for any reason you can. I have no idea why, because I am just as pissed about what I watched on Saturday as you are.

give me three things that you saw on Saturday that would lead anybody to have optimism for the rest of the season. I'll help you out:

2) ???
3) ???

I'm in the same boat as you. I am not going to sit here and say I saw anything good from the offense or the offensive coaching. I gotta HOPE that the coaches and the OLine can turn it around. Like I said, for my sanity as a fan I can't let myself think that all is lost this year and that the coaching staff is clueless....it may all be true, but I have to give it a few more games. I also found myself thinking, wow, this would have never happened with Jags and Logan....which sucks. But what are you gonna do. You either say I hope we lose all the rest of our games so something HAS to happen or you hope that the coaching staff can actually turn things around. I can't just say, "we are screwed for the next 5 years". That's why I was annoyed with some of the posts after the game.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

2) ???
3) ???

I'm in the same boat as you. I am not going to sit here and say I saw anything good from the offense or the offensive coaching. I gotta HOPE that the coaches and the OLine can turn it around. Like I said, for my sanity as a fan I can't let myself think that all is lost this year and that the coaching staff is clueless....it may all be true, but I have to give it a few more games. I also found myself thinking, wow, this would have never happened with Jags and Logan....which sucks. But what are you gonna do. You either say I hope we lose all the rest of our games so something HAS to happen or you hope that the coaching staff can actually turn things around. I can't just say, "we are screwed for the next 5 years". That's why I was annoyed with some of the posts after the game.

What was pinhead's take on the game?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:03 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:What was pinhead's take on the game?

talon
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium