Add one more QB

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Add one more QB

Postby xu9697 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:44 am

BC needs to look at this kid:

Mark Myers, St. Ignatius in Cleveland.

Watching the local sports highlights Friday night, I watched him throw the ball and said to my wife, "that kid has an unbelievable arm.". Next morning, I wake up to read this article:

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/n ... st-mentor/

In particular, this quote stood out:

"That's the best quarterback I've seen out of [St. Ignatius]," said Mentor coach Steve Trivisonno, who began coaching at Mentor 21 years ago. "Did you see that arm? That's the best arm I've ever seen, the best I've seen anybody throw the ball at this level."

And Mentor is a huge public high school that has been to at least 1 state championship in the last few years. The coach knows what he is talking about.

Bordner, no offense, can play another postition. Myers vs. Rettig for the future!! And yes, I know you won't here that much about him and BC and Mutryn from Iggy did not work out. But if you remember Dave Ragone from Louisville, this kid is similar (but I believe better) in that he was stuck behind another good QB in HS and didn't get a chance to shine until his senior year of HS. Ragone went on to have a terrific career at Lville. Look for the same from Myers wherever he goes.
xu9697
Carney Hall

Re: Add one more QB

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:15 am

Alas, if only we had a connection to St. Ignatius and the Jesuit community.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Add one more QB

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:21 am

I am sure highly touted high school kids are salivating for a chance to play for the dynamic offense of Topo Gigio Tranquill.

Yup, let's see......USC....Washington with Sarkesian....Ohio State.......nope I'll take the,AARP OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR OF THE YEAR* BC's own Topo Gigio, Gary Tranquill!

Did you see those slants, deep curls, formations, spread formations, pro sets...... wow....We had Clemson on their heels....

Since Gary is the only OC over 62, he is a fucking lock for that new 8HP Scooter.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium