WAKE FOREST WEEKLONG DISCUSSION THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: WAKE FOREST WEEKLONG DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:52 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The only thing I really learned about Tuggle as a passer is he struggles with the bomb on 3rd and 13 under massive pressure.

Every QB struggles with the bomb on 3rd and 13 under massive pressure. What you need to ask yourself is this, why were there so many 3rd and 13s for Tuggle?

Because the OC called runs up the gut into 8 men in the box for -3 yards on 1st and 2nd down, and if you think any coach in this country allows freshmen to audible other than resetting line calls, you are an idiot.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:57 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The only thing I really learned about Tuggle as a passer is he struggles with the bomb on 3rd and 13 under massive pressure.

Every QB struggles with the bomb on 3rd and 13 under massive pressure. What you need to ask yourself is this, why were there so many 3rd and 13s for Tuggle?

Dickhead, I watched the game. I saw why he was throwing 3rd and 13 every drive. It was because we ran on first and second almost every fucking series. But you didn't watch the game. Which is why I'm reading this. And why I'm stupefied you would even pretend to know anything based on looking at boxscores. Not that you would know this, but I don't think Tuggle was asked to throw short more than five fucking times all game. I know they didn't roll him out. Or call screens. Or slants. Our nimwit OC must have called like 10 bombs for a guy facing his first real comp, and then cut his balls off calling them on third and long. Just admit you didn't really watch the game.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby wakeforest22890 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Haha thanks for the advice...also if anyone's interested on Wake's take on things our major forum is Scout's board...you can get there directly through deaconsports.com
wakeforest22890
n00b

Postby billyshelby on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:59 pm

wakeforest22890 {l Wrote}:Haha thanks for the advice...also if anyone's interested on Wake's take on things our major forum is Scout's board...you can get there directly through deaconsports.com

And you should tell your board that all the talk is here.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 am

Innocent, name one freshman QB in the country that you think has the power to audible out of a run play to a quick pass on 1st and 10. Ready....Go.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby wakeforest22890 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 am

Will do...we may have a few fans that smacktalk on our board but I doubt too many would take the time to come over here and talk shit so no worries there. Plus we lack too many Wal-Mart fans like UNC has.
wakeforest22890
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:01 am

wakeforest22890 {l Wrote}:Will do...we may have a few fans that smacktalk on our board but I doubt too many would take the time to come over here and talk shit so no worries there. Plus we lack too many Wal-Mart fans like UNC has.

Tell them they are allowed to shit talk with no bannings and swear at will here. Hell we even allow InnocentDouchebag to post, and there is no way there are Wake fans as dumb as he seems to be.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby wakeforest22890 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 am

Haha sounds like you'd fit right in our on boards as well. I passed on the word that everyone's welcome over here.

As far as football goes too for us we're coming into the game 2-1 on the year:

Home vs. Baylor: L 24-21, not as close as it looked, were never really in the game until the fourth quarter and even then it was two possessions for the most part
Home vs. Stanford: W 24-17, were down 17-3 at halftime and blew them out in the second half, scoring with under 10 seconds left to get the win, but we looked awesome in the second half.

Home vs. Elon: W 35-7, killed them, they came into the game ranked 11th in the FCS but didn't look great at all.

So this is our first road game of the year and should be a challenge. Our run game looks good so far (when the O-line shows up) and we've been doing a lot of runs with the wideouts and our three running back system (Harris, Pendergrass, and Adams.....Powerback, Speedback, Speedback). Skinner has been great this year so far (his stats are misleading, three of his four picks have been tipped at the line (one of them) or just blatantly dropped by receivers who were wide open and were deflected straight to a defender(two of them)).

If we throw the ball a decent amount we should be good.
wakeforest22890
n00b

Postby billyshelby on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:13 am

wakeforest22890 {l Wrote}:Will do...we may have a few fans that smacktalk on our board but I doubt too many would take the time to come over here and talk shit so no worries there. Plus we lack too many Wal-Mart fans like UNC has.

Just tell them.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:14 am

billyshelby {l Wrote}:

Just tell them.

He did. But he called us "nice." False advertising.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby wakeforest22890 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:16 am

You all seem pretty inviting so far...no reason to throw you guys out there as jackasses...yet anyways :D .

It may take a while to get approved on our boards but shouldn't be longer than a day or so....scout's a little behind on the approval methods.
wakeforest22890
n00b

Postby billyshelby on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Innocent, name one freshman QB in the country that you think has the power to audible out of a run play to a quick pass on 1st and 10. Ready....Go.

And seriously, how much do you think Tuggle is even allowed to audible? Based on what I saw, not much.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 am

wakeforest22890 {l Wrote}:You all seem pretty inviting so far...no reason to throw you guys out there as jackasses...yet anyways :D .

It may take a while to get approved on our boards but shouldn't be longer than a day or so....scout's a little behind on the approval methods.

Tell us about it. This board was started by revolutionary Scout posters that got fed up with censorship and what not. It's a long story, some of which might be made somewhat less opaque by the "Eagle Outsider Dictionary and History" thread. In short, I dubbed the old place a "pirate era Port Royale, Jamaica." Think the Wild Wild West, but with biting sarcasm, crude photoshops, and inside jokes instead of six shooters.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby wakeforest22890 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:21 am

I'll imagine the MD boards with a little Boston flare. Anyone who hasn't visited insidemdsports.com for the forums is missing out. They split from the scout site too, around a year ago I believe.
wakeforest22890
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:21 am

billyshelby {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Innocent, name one freshman QB in the country that you think has the power to audible out of a run play to a quick pass on 1st and 10. Ready....Go.

And seriously, how much do you think Tuggle is even allowed to audible? Based on what I saw, not much.

He changes line calls and which side the run goes to. That's it. No audibles. Remember that it was a big deal when Jags let Ryan audible his SENIOR YEAR for the first time.

Still waiting, Dungeons and dragons.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:55 am

Tuggle would be able to call audibles if he got behind Topo Gigio Tranquill, reached over, and turned up his hearing aid volume to 10..........................CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW????.....

...your too loud....hold on.....

Nope, won't work...
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:32 am

wakeforest22890 {l Wrote}:I'll imagine the MD boards with a little Boston flare. Anyone who hasn't visited insidemdsports.com for the forums is missing out. They split from the scout site too, around a year ago I believe.

Hmm..we should reach out to rickterp.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:14 am

...because you asked a reasonable question question, I will give you a reasonable (not smart-ass) answer...

[/ignorefoe]

Innocent, name one freshman QB in the country that you think has the power to audible out of a run play to a quick pass on 1st and 10. Ready....Go.

All of them tw. Yes, all of them. Every frosh QB that is expected to play as a BCS caliber QB (which Spaz does NOT expect of any of his QBs since none are apparently BCS caliber), is allowed to audible at the line to dump to the tight end if the defense sticks 8 in the box on 1st and 10. I'm sure Parker was allowed to audible vs BC. That is why we didn't stick 8 in the box. If Spaz has the Defensive coordinator stick 8 in the box to neutralize Spiller (and we would have neutralized him), then Parker dumps the ball off all day. And instead of just giving up 6 field goals to that future NFL kicker, we are giving up 6 touchdowns.

But lets just say for the moment that you are right about this (because you seem to think you are right about everything), that freshmen QBs are not allowed to audible in college (or at least, not audible out of a running play on 1st and 10.) Tell me tw, use your head, why doesn't EVERY BCS coach stick 8 in the box when facing an opponent with a frosh QB with 10 or more yards to go? Why didn't Spaz stick 8 in the box when we played NC State last year under those circumstances? Forget that question, answer this one. Why did Tressel NOT stick 8 in the box vs USC (and their freshman QB who is not allowed to audible) when Ohio State played them 10 days ago? Why did they play them straight up defensively? There was a reason why Ohio State played USC and Barkley straight up (the same reason why Dabo Sweeney did NOT play BC straight up.) And I don't want hear any snarky, smart-ass responses, like "...because Ohio State has shitty coaches...." or "...because Ohio State wanted to lose to USC." There is a specific reason why they DIDN'T go after Barkley. I have answered your question. Now you answer mine.

Until then....

[ignorefoe]
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:45 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The problem is we have a coach who thinks QB is the problem.

On this one thing, the coach is ENTIRELY correct.

I don't give a fuck how rotten and awful the O-Line played on Saturday, our starting QB went 4 for 20 for 23 yards with 1 touchdown and 3 interceptions. That might very well be the worst performace of any QB that has played for Boston College since the BCS came into existance. Justin Puddle's play on Saturday gave me nausea.

The O-Line horrible (HORRIBLE) because Clemson had 7 to 8 guys sitting on the line the whole game. The only way you get those guys OFF the line, is to threathen the defensive backfield with a deep pass. Clemson never felt threatened because (well) Tuggle sucks. And Shinskie played like a pussy. He was to BC what Tony Eason was to the Patriots, a girl afraid to take a hit. Two fumbles on two plays where it looked like he was about to have a panic attack? Please. I'm surprised Shinksie didn't vomit right there on the field.

Wake Forest is watching game film and licking their chops. They know exactly what to do to beat BC, just stick everyone on the D-Line, send 8 on passing plays, and take away the run. Over-commit on the line, stop Harris, Haden, and Tuggle from running out of the backfield. There you go, you do that you beat this year's BC team. The only way you stop that is for Spaz to find someone who can throw the ball (at least 50% completion rate) out of the shotgun, where the QB has at least 2 seconds. If Tuggle can't do that, then fuck him, ride the bench. If Shinskie can't do that (because he's having his period) then fuck him, ride the bench. Put Marco Polo in, fuck it.

When the D stacks the box with 8 guys you should pass on first down. We didn't do that. Not because Tuggle couldn't, but because the playcalling sucked. Was it Tuggle's fault that Harris couldn't average 1 yard per carry or do you think that had something to do with the OLine and the playcalling?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:51 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:...because you asked a reasonable question question, I will give you a reasonable (not smart-ass) answer...

[/ignorefoe]

But lets just say for the moment that you are right about this (because you seem to think you are right about everything), that freshmen QBs are not allowed to audible in college (or at least, not audible out of a running play on 1st and 10.) Tell me tw, use your head, why doesn't EVERY BCS coach stick 8 in the box when facing an opponent with a frosh QB with 10 or more yards to go?
[ignorefoe]

Because not every coach in the country can be absolutely 100% positive that the oppenent will run on first down and make no adjustments to that strategy throughout the game.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Matt Barkley is not audibling out of run plays on first down. I can assure you of that. Matt Ryan didn't audible until senior year. And the press made a big deal about how smart he was to be able to do it. QBs talking at the line of scrimmage are changing line calls. Yes, even Tuggle does that.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:31 pm

Matt Barkley is not audibling out of run plays on first down. I can assure you of that.

I don't want your assurances. I want you to answer my question. Why didn't Tressel stack the box against Barkley?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby talon on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:32 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Matt Barkley is not audibling out of run plays on first down. I can assure you of that.

I don't want your assurances. I want you to answer my question. Why didn't Tressel stack the box against Barkley?

Tressel knew that Carroll might have not called a running play every single first and second down.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:38 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Matt Barkley is not audibling out of run plays on first down. I can assure you of that.

Tressel did stack the box against USC. He shut down USC's run, and made Barkley throw. He also blitzed Barkley like a mother. USC's future NFL RBs had 118 yards total rushing on 40 carries. Barkley passed for 195 yards and an INT. Tressel's defense dominated a talent laden offense, holding them to 18 points and almost pulling out the victory. Most of Barkley's yards were on one last drive. And OSU is not very good - their defense is certainly not any better than Clemson's.

Washington stacked the box against USC too. Against a different rookie QB. Lookie what happened there.

Freshman QBs don't audible. If they do, they sit.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:43 am

How the hell can this guy comment when he didn't watch the game? IB you really are a :dildodog .
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:15 am

Awww, they don't like us...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=192&f=1118&t=4802375

Went over to the BC board to get a take on what they think about the game. I have never seen such a vulgar, indecent college board in my life. Thank you Wake Forest mods for keeping our board entertaining yet decent. I'd like to think that is reflective of the high quality of our institution.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:17 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Awww, they don't like us...

Went over to the BC board to get a take on what they think about the game. I have never seen such a vulgar, indecent college board in my life. Thank you Wake Forest mods for keeping our board entertaining yet decent. I'd like to think that is reflective of the high quality of our institution.

What a wimp. Can't handle our awesome

:band
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby billyshelby on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:34 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Awww, they don't like us...

That's about as good as it gets from a publicity standpoint. Get quotes like that from every opponent and this board will be overrun by a stampede of traffic.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:37 am

I'll be sure to put it in the marketing brochure. :shock
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:20 pm

bump :ginger
:pontif
SJeagle09