WAKE FOREST WEEKLONG DISCUSSION THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

WAKE FOREST WEEKLONG DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:06 am

Good Morning!

BC opened up as -3 and now is +2.5.

WOW....

Marco Polo may get some reps.

My career suggestion was printed in the Heights regarding the mail room problems and after graduating from BC, a nice long civil service career like Cliff Clavin!

Grobe versus Spaziani....

Tranquill was despondent and was seen swilling a triple Metamucil. It was not a pretty sight.

Worse, Frank's wife did not re-heat the Sunday ziti and meatballs and there was no canoli for dessert and asked him if Gary was a cucumber for punting when you needed 3 TDS and you were 2 yards away at midfield?

Coach Loco took away the cupcakes and gummi bears for our offensive offensive line.

They are on new diets and weightlifting as we speak.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: WAKE FOREST WEEKLONG DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby billyshelby on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:09 am

Quotes from today's papers:

"There's never a quick fix."
"I think we'll be better."

The good times are back.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:30 am

billyshelby {l Wrote}:Quotes from today's papers:

The good times are back.

I went to a bar after our game and there was an FSU game watch going on. Every single FSU fan asked me what was up with our coach. Suggestions ranged from "he doesn't care" to "his puppy just died" to "his kids are being held hostage until after the game." Spaz's public persona has done a completely 180 since he got this job - he does not seem excited anymore and he has a terrible demeanor with a mic to his face. Simply no excitement left in him. Mark needs to give him back his blanky, it's the only thing I can think of.
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:34 am

eagle1331 {l Wrote}:

The good times are back.

I went to a bar after our game and there was an FSU game watch going on. Every single FSU fan asked me what was up with our coach. Suggestions ranged from "he doesn't care" to "his puppy just died" to "his kids are being held hostage until after the game." Spaz's public persona has done a completely 180 since he got this job - he does not seem excited anymore and he has a terrible demeanor with a mic to his face. Simply no excitement left in him. Mark needs to give him back his blanky, it's the only thing I can think of.

Either he's in way over his head and realizes it and is not handling it well, or his public persona is just bland. I sincerely hope it's the latter, because the last thing the team needs is to see their coach shell-shocked and paralyzed with fear. Say what you want about Jags as a human being and his judgment et al, but he had the team fired and ready to run through a brick wall at all times.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby tallsy on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:27 am

I do feel good about the fact that the game's at home and the defense.

WF oline still isn't any better. They just have a year's experience at being bad. The RBs are mediocre as well. The key is to give Skinner looks that will confuse him and our DBs can get some INTs.

As far as the offense, well ... can we bring Logan back?
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:09 pm

The good times are back.

The full quote gives a different vibe than the parts you picked out...

“There’s never a quick fix,’’ said Spaziani. “Losing maximizes the problems. The problems aren’t going away. It’s how we address them. We have to manage them differently. The problems are correctable.’’

That's a little bit more optimistic than just the first tidbit... Still not what I'd like to hear, but hey, we have a winning record, don't we? Err...
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Wake game? It could get real ugly.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMike22 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:25 pm

The good times are back.

Thank you.

This is the first good laugh I've had about the game since it happened.

I hope Marsco does get some reps. Why? Why not. Wake is going to stack the box just like Clemson did, and we know how well the O-Line and Tuggle did with that.
BCMike22
n00b

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:29 pm

BCMike22 {l Wrote}:

The good times are back.

Thank you.

I hope Marsco does get some reps. Why? Why not. Wake is going to stack the box just like Clemson did, and we know how well the O-Line and Tuggle did with that.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Marscovetra getting snaps, but I do have a problem with people who think another quarterback is going to make a difference behind that abysmal OLine.

Last I checked Marscovetra was third in line. If you want to put him in so he gets killed instead of Tuggle or Shinskie, then that's actually not a bad idea.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby MoMoneyBC on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Here's to 400 yards of offense and 35 points!! Tuggle goes for 150 passing and 100 running in the spread option!!!
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
BCMike22 {l Wrote}:

The good times are back.

Thank you.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Marscovetra getting snaps, but I do have a problem with people who think another quarterback is going to make a difference behind that abysmal OLine.

Last I checked Marscovetra was third in line. If you want to put him in so he gets killed instead of Tuggle or Shinskie, then that's actually not a bad idea.

folks here have a very short memory... "davis can't possibly be worse than crane"

the interesting aspect of timing to this year's statement is that these cries come before the wake game... aka the game last year that we learned cesspool could be a WHOLE LOT WORSE than sucks cranium

Not sure if I was clear enough there but I am definitely not on the "Marsco can't possibly be worse" bandwagon, because he clearly is worse if he's third in line. I am on the "let's hope the staff can fix whatever they did with the OLine so our QB's can do something" bandwagon, and there is plenty of room. :elephant
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:36 pm

In my first Season Prediction I said BC would be 3-9 / 1-7 in the ACC and in the contest, I adjusted some scores down but not the results, >>>> still 3-9 and 1-7.

Go check the Spaziani locked thread or his Record of Performance. Copied and locked.

BC's next win in my predictions is in November.

BC will go O FOR OCTOBER. Mark it down.

I do not see BC beating anyone with our present Qb situation and last week was a disaster along with a offensive line that was in la-la land.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby billyshelby on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
BCMike22 {l Wrote}:

The good times are back.

Thank you.

The problem is we have a coach who thinks QB is the problem.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:10 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Good Morning!

BC opened up as -3 and now is +2.5.

WOW....

Marco Polo may get some reps.

My career suggestion was printed in the Heights regarding the mail room problems and after graduating from BC, a nice long civil service career like Cliff Clavin!

Grobe versus Spaziani....

Tranquill was despondent and was seen swilling a triple Metamucil. It was not a pretty sight.

Worse, Frank's wife did not re-heat the Sunday ziti and meatballs and there was no canoli for dessert and asked him if Gary was a cucumber for punting when you needed 3 TDS and you were 2 yards away at midfield?

Coach Loco took away the cupcakes and gummi bears for our offensive offensive line.

They are on new diets and weightlifting as we speak.

a near 6 point swing in one day? that's kind of rare, isn't it? is this implying people put a ton of money on BC not being able to cover that 3 point margin that the oddsmakers had to consider Wake the actual favorite?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:20 pm

The problem is we have a coach who thinks QB is the problem.

On this one thing, the coach is ENTIRELY correct.

I don't give a fuck how rotten and awful the O-Line played on Saturday, our starting QB went 4 for 20 for 23 yards with 1 touchdown and 3 interceptions. That might very well be the worst performace of any QB that has played for Boston College since the BCS came into existance. Justin Puddle's play on Saturday gave me nausea.

The O-Line horrible (HORRIBLE) because Clemson had 7 to 8 guys sitting on the line the whole game. The only way you get those guys OFF the line, is to threathen the defensive backfield with a deep pass. Clemson never felt threatened because (well) Tuggle sucks. And Shinskie played like a pussy. He was to BC what Tony Eason was to the Patriots, a girl afraid to take a hit. Two fumbles on two plays where it looked like he was about to have a panic attack? Please. I'm surprised Shinksie didn't vomit right there on the field.

Wake Forest is watching game film and licking their chops. They know exactly what to do to beat BC, just stick everyone on the D-Line, send 8 on passing plays, and take away the run. Over-commit on the line, stop Harris, Haden, and Tuggle from running out of the backfield. There you go, you do that you beat this year's BC team. The only way you stop that is for Spaz to find someone who can throw the ball (at least 50% completion rate) out of the shotgun, where the QB has at least 2 seconds. If Tuggle can't do that, then fuck him, ride the bench. If Shinskie can't do that (because he's having his period) then fuck him, ride the bench. Put Marco Polo in, fuck it.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:38 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The problem is we have a coach who thinks QB is the problem.

I don't give a fuck how rotten and awful the O-Line played on Saturday, our starting QB went 4 for 20 for 23 yards with 1 touchdown and 3 interceptions. That might very well be the worst performace of any QB that has played for Boston College since the BCS came into existance. Justin Puddle's play on Saturday gave me nausea.

The O-Line horrible (HORRIBLE) because Clemson had 7 to 8 guys sitting on the line the whole game. The only way you get those guys OFF the line, is to threathen the defensive backfield with a deep pass. Clemson never felt threatened because (well) Tuggle sucks. And Shinskie played like a pussy. He was to BC what Tony Eason was to the Patriots, a girl afraid to take a hit. Two fumbles on two plays where it looked like he was about to have a panic attack? Please. I'm surprised Shinksie didn't vomit right there on the field.

Wake Forest is watching game film and licking their chops. They know exactly what to do to beat BC, just stick everyone on the D-Line, send 8 on passing plays, and take away the run. Over-commit on the line, stop Harris, Haden, and Tuggle from running out of the backfield. There you go, you do that you beat this year's BC team. The only way you stop that is for Spaz to find someone who can throw the ball (at least 50% completion rate) out of the shotgun, where the QB has at least 2 seconds. If Tuggle can't do that, then fuck him, ride the bench. If Shinskie can't do that (because he's having his period) then fuck him, ride the bench. Put Marco Polo in, fuck it.

Like I said, people that know nothing about football think it's the QB's fault. I.e., Innocent Retardo and our Fucking Moron Coach.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:45 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The problem is we have a coach who thinks QB is the problem.

Dude, you didn't even see the game. How do you know any of this?
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:50 pm

TW,

Like I said, people that know nothing about football think it's the QB's fault. I.e., Innocent Retardo and our Fucking Moron Coach.

Well lets see, Tuggle completed 20% of his passes to players wearing BC jerseys. Tuggle also completed 15% of his passes to players wearing Clemson jerseys. Well alright tw, you've got me there. It certainly wasn't the QB's fault. After all, he completed 5% more of his passes to his own players than he did Clemson players. :toby :ginger :toby :ginger

Spaz did a real shit job coaching Saturday (and an even shittier job preparing this team for BCS play), but if he has thrown the QB under the bus, he has done at least one thing right. That one thing he did right is, he has identified the problem.

Perhaps tw, there is no FIX for this problem. It appears we are no better off than we were last year. We have NO QB. That was a problem Spaz tried to fix by getting Shinskie the moment he was hired to run things. It appears that not only is Shinskie not the answer, neither is Codi, Justin, or Marco. If that is the case, we are facing a 6-6 or even a 5-7 season.

Perhaps we just need to take our lumps this year?
Last edited by innocentbystander on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby talon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:51 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:TW,

Well lets see, Tuggle completed 20% of his passes to players wearing BC jerseys. Tuggle also completed 15% of his passes to players wearing Clemson jerseys. Well alright tw, you've got me there. It certainly wasn't the QB's fault. After all, he completed 5% more of his passes to his own players than he did Clemson players. :toby :ginger :toby :ginger

Spaz did a real shit job coaching Saturday (and an even shittier job preparing this team for BCS play), but if he has thrown the QB under the bus, he has done at least one thing right. That one thing he did right is, he has identified the problem.

Perhaps tw, there is no FIX for this problem. It appears we are no better off than we were last year. We have NO QB. That was a problem Spaz tried to fix by getting Shinskie the moment he was hired to run things. It appears that not only is Shinskie not the answer, neither is Codi, Justin, or Marco. If that is the case, we are facing a 6-6 or even a 5-7 season.

Perhaps we ust need to take our lumps this year?

how much of the game did you actually watch?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:54 pm

how much of the game did you actually watch?

First 5 plays of the first half, and most/almost all of the second half.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:55 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Perhaps tw, there is no FIX for this problem. It appears we are no better off than we were last year. We have NO QB. That was a problem Spaz tried to fix by getting Shinskie the moment he was hired to run things. It appears that not only is Shinskie not the answer, neither is Codi, Justin, or Marco. If that is the case, we are facing a 6-6 or even a 5-7 season.

We're not in the same place we were last year. Last year, without a good QB, we won 9 games. We were never limited to that pathetic an output by a long shot. So what changed from last year to this year that made us so pathetic? It wasn't the quarterback, if we believe you that we had no QB last year and we have no QB this year.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:59 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
And Shinskie played like a pussy. He was to BC what Tony Eason was to the Patriots, a girl afraid to take a hit. Two fumbles on two plays where it looked like he was about to have a panic attack? Please. I'm surprised Shinksie didn't vomit right there on the field.

Let's also reflect on the hilarity of this statement, coming from the same person who said we should expect a year similar to Matt Ryan's sophomore year from "David" because he was a fully grown MAN playing against mere boys.

You've just been hitting 'em over the fence everytime, haven't you?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:00 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:TW,

BC is a thousand times better off at QB than they were last year. They are a thousand times worse at offensive coordinator and, miraculously since they are the same fucking guys, offensive line.

I don't believe you watched one fucking minute of the game. I have no idea how anyone with half a clue about football would have the balls to evaluate the play of the QB after the game. Using your logic, I say Montel Harris sucks because he averaged 0.7 yards a carry. See how retarded that sounds?

Don't bother responding, that's the last of your retardedness that I am reading for the day. Go play "Let's put the immobile statue of a freshman QB that couldn't beat out the other two guys in the game" game with 74 and jerk off to DVDs of the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Using your logic, I say Montel Harris sucks because he averaged 0.7 yards a carry. See how retarded that sounds?

EagleDomino12 is stealing your logic:

http://www.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=1 ... =132439854
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:16 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Using your logic, I say Montel Harris sucks because he averaged 0.7 yards a carry. See how retarded that sounds?

EagleDomino12 is stealing your logic:

http://www.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=1 ... =132439854

That's because he is Eagledom. He'll be over here telling me how crappy Tuggle was in a minute. His act is tired.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Tw,

Don't bother responding, that's the last of your retardedness that I am reading for the day.

Good. Put me on ignore and go coach the team if you think you can do any better, dickhead. Ignore is exactly where you are going right now.

Bomber,

We're not in the same place we were last year.

You know what, we are not entirely in the same place we were last year, but we are pretty close. Last year, Clemson beat BC IN Chestnut Hill. Moreover, Clemson was going through a mid-season head coaching change, and they STILL beat us (specifically because we had no QB.)

This year? We had the coaching change (not Clemson) and no QB (again.) Clemson routed us. So far bomber, no change. So yeah, we are not in the same place, but we're pretty damn close. We haven't improved, that is for damn sure.

Last year, without a good QB, we won 9 games. We were never limited to that pathetic an output by a long shot. So what changed from last year to this year that made us so pathetic? It wasn't the quarterback, if we believe you that we had no QB last year and we have no QB this year.
What changed? So much has changed, but not with BC...

Last year, the ACC was balanced parity. They were all so-so, pretty good, 7-5 to 8-4. And a BC team with two legit first round defensive linemen (albeit, no QB) could take full advantage of that parity. There wasn't a single game that BC played in last year, where they couldn't have won the game if they had gotten a couple breaks. One big play vs GTech, they win. One big play vs Clemson, they win. It was that close.

This year? 3 teams in the conferance grew weaker from 2008 to 2009 (Maryland, UVa, and Duke.) It appears 2 teams haven't changed that much (BC and Wake.) You could argue that BC grew weaker on defense losing all those linemen and linebackers. The rest of the conferance has grown stronger. Five teams in the conferance have grown considerably stronger from 2008 to 2009 (VPI, FSU, Miami, Clemson, and G-Tech). 2 teams have grown just a weee bit stronger (NCState and UNC.) Did you (or any of you) watch any of the BYU-FSU game Saturday Night? If you did, then you already know that the Miami-FSU game that was played on Labour Day might turn out to be the ACC Championship preview. Clemson lost to a Georgia Tech team that was utterly pummelled by Miami. And we were pummelled by Clemson.

If we go 6-6, we beat UVa, Maryland, Central Michigan, and Wake Forest if we are lucky. If we are not so lucky, we go 5-7. BC did not improve in the one area we needed the most improvement, QB. I don't think it really would have mattered this year considering how well Miami is playing (and with USC losing, Miami may have a shot at something bigger than the Orange Bowl), but if we don't get Rettig signed on the dotted line early next year, we may be in trouble for some time to come. It wont make a damn bit of difference who the coach is.

And yeah, I fucked up in my evaluation of Shinskie. So be it. It will be a cold day in hell before some of the most prideful posters on this board ever admit they were wrong about anything.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:19 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:A lot of shit that isn't worth reading ... blah ... blah... Tuggle sucks, BC should be way awesommee!!!!!1ONE111 The line was great
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:26 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Last year, without a good QB, we won 9 games. We were never limited to that pathetic an output by a long shot. So what changed from last year to this year that made us so pathetic? It wasn't the quarterback, if we believe you that we had no QB last year and we have no QB this year.
What changed? So much has changed, but not with BC...

Since you answered this question wrong, I'm going to spell it out for you:

HEAD COACH. OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. LINE COACH. PLAYBOOK. GAME CALLING.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:42 pm

Bomber,

Clemson got a lot better. They ARE better (particularly on defense.) That is what changed from last year.

BC did not get better. The Head Coach, the OC, the Line Coach, etc, changing, is not why they got their dicks stepped on so badly. The opponent was just way better. That is why BC looked (on offense) the way Northeastern looked two weeks ago.... Clemson exposed about BC's QB situation what Kent State and Northeastern never could.

DO you get it yet? You will before this season is done with.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby talon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:43 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Clemson got a lot better. They ARE better (particularly on defense.) That is what changed from last year.

Middle Tennessee put six times the yardage on Clemson's D.
talon
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium