DC gamewatch

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

DC gamewatch

Postby eagleman99 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Very disappointing. There was a good turnout, maybe about 50-60 people, but the vast majority of the people there weren't even watching the game. Very :lame
eagleman99
n00b

Re: DC gamewatch

Postby DrPeterV on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:43 pm

Not sure what you expected, but that seems pretty standard for alumni game watches. Did the bar have the volume on? Those things are usually networking events for most people. They show up to meet new folks or connect with the ones they already know. Unless it is a good game, people usually ignore the TVs and catch up. I was watching the game with six Clemson fans at my buddy's house, and by the second quarter we were all talking over the announcers because the game wasn't really anything to watch. We still watched it, but we were talking about things other than the game.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby eagleman99 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:11 pm

They had the volume on. And the game was tough to stomach, but still. Nobody gave a shit. Much different from my experiences at the gamewatches in Chicago.
eagleman99
n00b

Postby DrPeterV on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Interesting. I would love to go to a gamewatch where people actually watched the game.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium