Ryan vs. Clausen (and maybe BC guys vs. ND people)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ryan vs. Clausen (and maybe BC guys vs. ND people)

Postby micheagle on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Who are you going to go over the middle for?

Ryan pre-draft on his receivers: during interviews, when coaches asked him if he thought he would have performed better with better talent at end, Ryan responded that he had great receivers.

Clausen, who had Golden Tait and Michael Floyd (each would have started ahead of Gunnell) to throw to, pre-draft on his receivers:

NFL Network supposed draft expert Mike Mayock thinks that there will be teams that will try to trade up to the first round in order to draft Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

Mayock likes Jimmy Clausen, but he thinks his interview with Jon Gruden on ESPN may have hurt him. During his interview with Gruden, Clausen blamed one of his interceptions on his wide receiver running the wrong route.

"The other night people around the league were talking about this," Mayock said. "He threw his wide receiver under the bus. And quarterbacking 101 is you take responsibility. People look at that and go 'wow'. Is that what we're getting? I think he's a hard working guy who loves the game of football, but there are these nagging concerns about what kind of kid he is. He threw his wide receiver under his bus."
micheagle
Carney Hall

Re: Ryan vs. Clausen (and maybe BC guys vs. ND people)

Postby Sophistry on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Clausen=Jeff George
Sophistry
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Sophistry {l Wrote}:Clausen=Jeff George

I look forward to learning who will be Jimmy's Jason Whitlock.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I saw that interview twice. I think the answer was normal, but throwing his WR under the bus was a little over the top?

He could had phrased it differently, he was a bitch duting the Hawaii bowl game, his Senior year was strange and I do not prefer him as my QB pick, but he has the gun, the brains and the work ethic.

His maturity will come, but I think after Bradford the drop to the next 4 was significant.

Buffalo may still get him or a team that passed?

I saw lots of draft boards and after Buffalo no one had a pressing need at QB and Denver must have something planned since Orton, Quinn and Tebow...maybe a snow or bad weather run/pass package?

Most boards had Clausen and McCoy HIGH in Round 2????

One thing for sure...The Rams may pick up a extra high pick this year or next if the Bills, Browns, Chiefs 36+50, Bucs 35-42 ---all could bust a move to 33.

One guy said Dez Bryant was the Randy Moss correction..LMAO!

I say Jimmy Clausen is a Kansas City Chief.

Colt McCoy -- Brownie---Buc....Bill????

Pick Team Player Pos Ht Wt College Grade* Fan Pick* Watch
1 (33) Rams -- --
2 (34) Vikings (From Lions) -- --
3 (35) Buccaneers -- --
4 (36) Chiefs -- --
5 (37) Eagles (From Redskins) -- --
6 (38) Browns -- --
7 (39) Raiders -- --
8 (40) Dolphins (From Seahawks through Chargers) -- --
9 (41) Bills -- --
10 (42) Buccaneers (From Bears) -- --
11 (43) Ravens (From Dolphins through Broncos) -- --
12 (44) Patriots (From Jaguars) -- --
13 (45) Broncos -- --
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:17 am

Ryan is the best QB and classiest QB drafted in the last 5 years. There I said it.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:40 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Ryan is the best QB and classiest QB drafted in the last 5 years. There I said it.

Easily. Arm and brains and class and maturity and thank God he went to BC.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:28 am

It's fun to watch Kiper fume and berate teams every time they pass up Pickles.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:54 am

Speaking of ND QBs, Brady Quinn must feel really good about himself today.

"Hey, Brady, we're going to let you go. We have Jake Delhomme now, who is terrible, so we're going to trade you for a fullback."

"Hey, Brady, just so you know, Kyle Orton, who is terrible, is going to be our starter. Thanks for understanding."

"Hey, Brady, we feel like we need to secure the future of our quarterback position. We're going to draft Tim Tebow, who is in no way currently equipped to play QB in this league. But we figure after a few years, he'll definitely be ready to take over...even though you're only 25."
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby shockdoct on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:01 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:It's fun to watch Kiper fume and berate teams every time they pass up Pickles.

While I miss Mel's antics, I can say that is about the only thing I do miss about ESPN's NFL Draft coverage..excuse me "NFL's ANNUAL PLAYER SELECTION MEETING"
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:42 am

Ryan is the better QB, Clausen was surrounded with guys that made is life easier. Matty Ice had the ability to adapt, and he excelled, Clausen’s myth is inflated. Matt Ryan was an NFL QB when he was at BC, the VT game solidified his status in my mind
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:45 am

Matt Ryan is an ultimate BC GUY and Clausen isn't worthy to hold his jock. My prediction for Clausen is that he'll walk into the locker room like he owns it, demand the "best" locker, and immediately alienate his new teammates. Then they'll duct tape him to the goal post after practice, followed by him pitching a hissy fit and quitting. Game over, career over, thanks for playing, douchebag.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:51 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:It's fun to watch Kiper fume and berate teams every time they pass up Pickles.

Kiper went completely off on McShay during the pre-draft coverage for suggesting Clausen would drop. I'd love for them to play that clip back.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby ObserverCollege on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:08 am

micheagle {l Wrote}:Who are you going to go over the middle for?

Ryan pre-draft on his receivers: during interviews, when coaches asked him if he thought he would have performed better with better talent at end, Ryan responded that he had great receivers.

Clausen, who had Golden Tait and Michael Floyd (each would have started ahead of Gunnell) to throw to, pre-draft on his receivers:

NFL Network supposed draft expert Mike Mayock thinks that there will be teams that will try to trade up to the first round in order to draft Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

Mayock likes Jimmy Clausen, but he thinks his interview with Jon Gruden on ESPN may have hurt him. During his interview with Gruden, Clausen blamed one of his interceptions on his wide receiver running the wrong route.

"The other night people around the league were talking about this," Mayock said. "He threw his wide receiver under the bus. And quarterbacking 101 is you take responsibility. People look at that and go 'wow'. Is that what we're getting? I think he's a hard working guy who loves the game of football, but there are these nagging concerns about what kind of kid he is. He threw his wide receiver under his bus."

Now you people have your knickers in a knot because JC tells the truth about what happened on the field.

What's JC supposed to do? Lie about what everyone can see on film??? Of course the WR blew the pattern; the ball came in three yards behind him so the DB was able to catch it. So what if there was open field leading the front of Tate; that's not where JC's throw went.. So JC calls him out on it. Matt Ryan, on the other hand, by taking "ownership" over his INTs, coddles his BC WRs and lets them think running 4.9 40's is OK.

Think of JC and Matt Ryan as "Daddies", and you'll see why so many teams will feel stupid. They could have traded up to Detroit's pick and taken a 5-star QB, and instead someone will draft JC tonight and get Brett Favre reincarnated.

See, Matt Ryan is the "T. Berry Brazelton" of QBs. He "partners" with his WRs in film study, searches for their emotional "touchpoints", and always takes blame when his wideout fails to run a skinny post correctly. Coddle, coddle, coddle.

JC laughs at the New Age 3-star QB. He has his bodyguard smack his WR when he talks back in film study or interrupts his mistress's dining just to text a question about the hot read on a Cover-Three zone blitz. He has his PR machine bury any WR who can't run the route as JC's hindsight told him how it should have been run based on the throw. He's the Dad who disowns you for your own good, so you'll step up and know that you better get it done if you know what's right for you.

So who do you want as your QB? A guy who takes all the blame so you can relax and goof off? Or a 5-star QB who knows how each person failed, and can amplify that failure across the myriad of media and social networking platforms? Who would you step up for?

Exactly.
Shake down the Thunder!!!
ObserverCollege
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:41 am

Clausen looks like a fetus.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:33 am

Excellent. This is the image SI is using as the banner pic for its NFL draft coverage at the moment.

apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:54 am

George talent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clausen talent
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:01 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

George talent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clausen talent

I was thinking this same thing. Clausen = Jeff George attitude, Chris Redman talent.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:03 am

Clausen is a sniffling spoiled brat and sums up the problem in South Bend. they turn out the “Golden Boys” that are billed as the second coming of Montana, but in the end never return ND to “glory” I love that pic apbc Clausen=crybaby
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:27 am

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:Clausen is a sniffling spoiled brat and sums up the problem in South Bend. they turn out the “Golden Boys” that are billed as the second coming of Montana, but in the end never return ND to “glory” I love that pic apbc Clausen=crybaby

In Peter King's article this morning, he said he called Clausen, identified himself, and Jimmy said "I can't talk" and hung up. Sniveling little bitch...if Matty Ryan had slipped, he would have answered the phone, said something like "Hey, I wanted to go earlier, but we'll see where I end up and make the best of the situation". Of course, he wouldn't have slipped, because he's not a primadonna douchebag. King also said that Jimmy has top-10 talent, but slipped because of his "perceived petulance". Translation: GM's think he's a dick.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:39 am

Clausen is better than Quinn and tebow and caught an off year for Qb's.

Kiper is right, he will be a good NFL QB. I don't like him, nor do I want him on the Browns, I would rather trade up for Locker or Luck or Mallett.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:50 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:why are so many assured he'll be a good nfl qb. his longer passes float and his happy feet while under pressure are not typically successful at the next level.

lastly, his glass jaw goes from ingrown toenails to teased out hair and the way he runs his mouth... he's gonna get flattened like chip diller at the homecoming parade

I'm in this camp. The guy freaks out at the slightest hint of pressure. Plus, he's a dick and his teammates will hate him.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:why are so many assured he'll be a good nfl qb. his longer passes float and his happy feet while under pressure are not typically successful at the next level.

lastly, his glass jaw goes from ingrown toenails to teased out hair and the way he runs his mouth... he's gonna get flattened like chip diller at the homecoming parade

The only people who have consistently believed that he'll be a good nfl qb (besieds domers) work for ESPN. It's such a manufactured story. Are we to believe that all the scouting agencies for 32 NFL teams are wrong and Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are correct that's he's a can't miss 1st round QB?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:51 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Clausen is better than Quinn and tebow and caught an off year for Qb's.

Kiper is right, he will be a good NFL QB. I don't like him, nor do I want him on the Browns, I would rather trade up for Locker or Luck or Mallett.

Cleveland had Bernie Kosar, then Testaverde, and they were great QBs….flash forward to Clausen? Clausen would be the next Tim Couch for the Cleveland…..so much “potential” so little results…….the Browns get extra credit for selecting William Green
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:52 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

The only people who have consistently believed that he'll be a good nfl qb (besieds domers) work for ESPN. It's such a manufactured story. Are we to believe that all the scouting agencies for 32 NFL teams are wrong and Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are correct that's he's a can't miss 1st round QB?

McShay actually said he wasn't a first round talent. Kiper had him #4 overall...one spot ahead of Bradford.

Timmy Hasselbeck said that Clausen had a "number of flaws to his game" and "isn't a first round talent" on some SportsCenter Special this week.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:53 am

You know who'll be great at the next level? Brian Brohm.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby historylesson on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:07 pm

Speaking of the draft, I missed part of it last night. Could you guys tell me what BC players were drafted again? How about what players will be drafted over the weekend.

No need to respond. Silence is the right answer here.
historylesson
Carney Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:33 pm

historylesson {l Wrote}:Speaking of the draft, I missed part of it last night. Could you guys tell me what BC players were drafted again? How about what players will be drafted over the weekend.

Feel free to peruse our list of 165 or so all-time draft picks:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=B&collegeName=Boston+College&abbrFlag=0&type=school

We'll look over your 38 (plus 2 last night!):
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=R&collegeName=Rutgers&abbrFlag=0&type=school

Convenient that a Rutgers fan starts chirping the day after the total number of first round picks in school history triples.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby historylesson on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
historylesson {l Wrote}:Speaking of the draft, I missed part of it last night. Could you guys tell me what BC players were drafted again? How about what players will be drafted over the weekend.

Feel free to peruse our list of 165 or so all-time draft picks:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=B&collegeName=Boston+College&abbrFlag=0&type=school

We'll look over your 38 (plus 2 last night!):
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=R&collegeName=Rutgers&abbrFlag=0&type=school

Convenient that a Rutgers fan starts chirping the day after the total number of first round picks in school history triples.

Thanks for the list of current UFL players, I mean Boston College draft selections from the last few years. Matt Ryan and a bunch of no-names, congratulations.
historylesson
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:41 pm

history,

This particular draft year was going to be a "lean year" for BC graduates in the NFL draft. Lean. And that is not because we had shitty players on this team. INSTEAD, it is because our 2009 team, was a team of juniors and sophmores (and in a couple/three very special circumstances, true freshmen.) Our superstars were the younger kids. Matt Tennant, Rich Gunnell, and maybe one or two others will be drafted (probably just one, maybe none others), obviously none in the first round. We had a young team.

The 2007 team was an older team and much more represented in the draft (as well as undrafted free agents.) We had two first rounders that year.

Talk to us next year when we send 7 or even 8 players into the NFL (maybe not all drafted, but they will be in the NFL.) That will be 7 or 8 times as many players as Rutgers will send.

:)
Last edited by innocentbystander on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby historylesson on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:47 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:history,

This particular draft year was going to be a "lean year" for BC graduates in the NFL draft. Lean. And that is not because we had shitty players on this team. INSTEAD, it is because our 2009 team, was a team of juniors and sophmores (and in a couple/three very special circumstances, true freshmen.) Our superstars were the younger kids. Matt Tennant, Rich Gunnell, and maybe one or two others will be drafted (probably just one), obviously not in the first round. We had a young team.

The 2007 team was an older team and much more represented in the draft (as well as undrafted free agents.) We had two first rounders that year.

Talk to us next year when we send 7 or even 8 players into the NFL (maybe not all drafted, but they will be in the NFL.) That will be 7 or 8 times as many players as Rutgers will send.

:)

Okay, so you just need to mold your facts to the current circumstances. I remember saying something very similar to this a couple years ago and getting lambasted for it, but now its okay to say. I guess that's why you guys like DeFilipo so much, you force your facts to agree with your circumstances and forget everything you previously said.
historylesson
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium