Ben gets The Deep 6 and then probably the 4 Game Suspension

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ben gets The Deep 6 and then probably the 4 Game Suspension

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Most said 6 and 4....easy call.

I guess hanging in Vegas with Tiger is out now.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Ben gets The Deep 6 and then probably the 4 Game Suspension

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:03 pm

The Steelers have begun contacting teams to see if they would be willing to trade a top 10 pick for Roethlisberger, an NFL source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

At least one team, and possibly more, have fielded a call from the Steelers and debated the trade internally, the source said.

But any team that trades for Roethlisberger wants to officially hear how long he is suspended and what the conditions of his suspension are before dealing for the quarterback.

if the Browns even think...many here will die.

Other reports over the past few years that the Steelers were fed up with his boorish and borderline college drunken crew and escapades with his posse. The motorcycle recovery and one catch by Holmes saved his ass.

$465K a game...or pocket change for Big Peter.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:10 pm

There's a better chance of a 74/TRE makeout session than the Steelers trading their starting QB to the Browns. However, I wouldn't rule out the Bills discussing it internally. Clausen is going to be a bitch in the NFL and Roethlisberger is a proven cold weather QB.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:15 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:There's a better chance of a 74/TRE makeout session than the Steelers trading their starting QB to the Browns. However, I wouldn't rule out the Bills discussing it internally. Clausen is going to be a bitch in the NFL and Roethlisberger is a proven cold weather QB.

TRE is here in spirit and 74 has made contact with the great one.

Big Ben has been very good and very lucky.

I would no go near him if I was any team. He fits Pittsburgh and he will soon be 300 pounds eating perogies and sausage.

I like taking a second round flyer or third on Dan LeFevour or Tony Pike.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:39 pm

Don't count out the Raiders for this guy.

As for the Bills, I am a lifelong Bills fan. :gun

Actually, I would welcome a Roethlisberger trade.
1. He's a proven successful NFL quarterback - something the Bills haven't had since Flutie (and even then they were always trying to bench Flutie for Rob Johnson because RJ was handsomer). See: the real story behind the Music City "Miracle"
2. He can play in the cold, which is important.
3. After this 6-game suspension you know he's going to be on good behavior. He's got too much to lose.
4. Conversely, if he doesn't behave, Buffalo is not a bad place to misbehave. Very little media attention plus living in Buffalo is so boring that most :skank s there would probably welcome being raped by him as something to do.
5. Finally, it would give me some slight reason for hope, which is more than I can say for most years.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby ryrob on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:48 pm

Normally I'd defend a guy who was suspended without doing/being charged with anything, but Big Ben is just a huge douchebag. If even half of the stories about him on Deadspin are true, he deserves worse than what he got.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Ben's certainly guilty in the court of public opinion. Goodell had to suspend him,though, if only as a PR move. In the last week leading up to this meeting,there have been a lot columns written and debates about whether Goodell is enforcing the discipline rule only on black players.

Charles Barkely actually gave some great insight into this in a LeBatard column:

``We have been suspending black guys, so we have to suspend the white guy?'' Charles Barkley asks. ``I'm concerned with that mind-set in my community. You get one, we get one? That's doesn't make it even. This isn't a contest. That's not a win for black people. How about black guys quit committing crimes?''

But, Charles, what if this time Goodell decides to be more lenient and reasonable? What if the only thing he suspends this time is the arbitrary and unprecedented way he has been doling out his morality? What if he says, ``You know what? Ben isn't guilty of anything but drunk, stupid judgment. He hasn't even been arrested, never mind convicted. I can't suspend a guy for he-said-she-said.''

``A lot of black people are going to get mad,'' Barkley says. ``And all hell is going to break loose.''

I think the NFL would do well to put a more firm discipline policy in place. It's a league that's so concerned with its public image, that you think they'd see this issue coming a mile away and move to fix it.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:10 pm

The NFL did what it had to do here. Goodell's past decisions forced him to take a hardline. Pacman was never really charged with anything either.

I think if anyone gets any scrutiny for being "racist", it would be the Steelers, who sold Santonio for a pack of gum but are keeping Ben (If they keep him). I don't think it's racism, it's just priorities. Receivers are very replaceable, franchise quarterbacks who win superbowls aren't.

But the Steelers should probably trade him, if for no other reason than the fact that another scandal is very likely to strike, and at that point they won't get shit for him.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:23 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:The NFL did what it had to do here. Goodell's past decisions forced him to take a hardline. Pacman was never really charged with anything either.

I think if anyone gets any scrutiny for being "racist", it would be the Steelers, who sold Santonio for a pack of gum but are keeping Ben (If they keep him). I don't think it's racism, it's just priorities. Receivers are very replaceable, franchise quarterbacks who win superbowls aren't.

But the Steelers should probably trade him, if for no other reason than the fact that another scandal is very likely to strike, and at that point they won't get shit for him.

In fairness, Santonio is one more substance abuse violation from a year suspension, and the Steelers probably wouldn't have kept him past this year anyway.

That said, Big Ben is undoubtedly a scumbag and I hope he gets traded to the Raiders.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:25 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:That said, Big Ben is undoubtedly a scumbag and I hope he gets traded to the Raiders.

It'd be cool if there was a Japanese league the NFL could sell his rights to like the Marlins did with Millar before the Sox nabbed him.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 pm

The story about his bodyguards blocking the bathroom to keep the girl's friends from helping her is chilling.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:44 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Ben's certainly guilty in the court of public opinion. Goodell had to suspend him,though, if only as a PR move. In the last week leading up to this meeting,there have been a lot columns written and debates about whether Goodell is enforcing the discipline rule only on black players.

Some of the facts are:
Ben and underaged girl go into bathroom
Girl reports assault to police at scene
Girl is examined, found to have bruising in inner thighs and has some sort of DNA (not hers) in vagina
Girl decides she doesn't want to press charges
DA walks away

Is it just me that figured this damn thing out? He gets her in the bathroom - at this point she's enamored that he's Ben and she's pretty drunk. They start making out. The exchance heats up, and Ben decides he's going for it all, grabbing at her thighs and forcing his way in. He penetrates her, with a bit of the clear "pre-ejac" getting left inside her. He's going at it while she's asking him to stop. He realizes he's essentially raping her, and stops before "finishing." Girl immediately seeks to report this. After some days and weeks with the media hounding everyone, the girl and her family figures out that this whole thing will get drawn out and being in the eyes of the public will stretch out this bad experience even further. Family decides it's not worth it to pursue legal charges. They are probably exploring some sort of suit, although they still seek to stay out of the spotlight. Some people come to the aid of Big Ben wondering how he could be suspended considering he wasn't arrested or charged. They think he didn't do anything.

Edit: Didn't imply any on here think he's innocent.
Last edited by RegalBCeagle on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:48 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Ben's certainly guilty in the court of public opinion. Goodell had to suspend him,though, if only as a PR move. In the last week leading up to this meeting,there have been a lot columns written and debates about whether Goodell is enforcing the discipline rule only on black players.

Some of the facts are:
Girl is examined, found to have bruising in inner thighs and has some sort of DNA (not hers) in vagina
DA walks away

Is it just me that figured this damn thing out? He gets her in the bathroom - at this point she's enamored that he's Ben and she's pretty drunk. They start making out. The exchance heats up, and Ben decides he's going for it all, grabbing at her thighs and forcing his way in. He penetrates her, with a bit of the clear "pre-ejac" getting left inside her. He's going at it while she's asking him to stop. He realizes he's essentially raping her, and stops before "finishing." Girl immediately seeks to report this. After some days and weeks with the media hounding everyone, the girl and her family figures out that this whole thing will get drawn out and being in the eyes of the public will stretch out this bad experience even further. Family decides it's not worth it to pursue legal charges. They are probably exploring some sort of suit, although they still seek to stay out of the spotlight. People come to the aid of Big Ben wondering how he could be suspended considering he wasn't arrested or charged. They think he didn't do anything.

Yeah. We've all figured it out, more or less. Didn't mean to imply that I don't think Ben didn't do anything. He's innocent according to our legal system, though.

And yeah, all the police and eyewitness reports from that night are pretty disgusting.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:56 pm

She was underage...you sure?

Ben is a scumbag. Rooney family may shock the world and actually trade him.

I hope they do..they had reports of this ugly behavior for years.

The vegas deal was strange and a possible fram, but that bimbo knew of his actions and behavior.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:14 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:She was underage...you sure?

Ben is a scumbag. Rooney family may shock the world and actually trade him.

I hope they do..they had reports of this ugly behavior for years.

The vegas deal was strange and a possible fram, but that bimbo knew of his actions and behavior.

I thought they said she is 20. It's funny how people and the media throw around the terms "underage" and "legal limit" and neglect to mention the accusation didn't include drinking and or drinking and driving.

I don't understand why a girl would go in a bathroom with Big Ben or any stranger for that matter. What the hell do they think is on his mind, starting a relationship? Not saying Ben is an innocent guy by any means but this reminds me of the girls that would go to a room with Mike Tyson, it more stupid than crossing the interstate blindfolded at rush hour.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:29 pm

She was borderline passed out drunk and he banged a corpse.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:31 pm

I can give Ben a reprieve for him not knowing she was under 21- I mean it wasn't his job to check ID's and the club should be held responsible for that, but the rest of the story absolutely disgusts me.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:33 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Some of the facts are:
DA walks away

okay, so that "objectively" happened. those are the facts, not in dispute

he probably raped her. when she presses charges and they examine Ben's DNA and compare it to the DNA found in her vagina, then we will all know for sure and he goes to jail if it is a match

on to your "subjective" commentary

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Is it just me that figured this damn thing out? He gets her in the bathroom - at this point she's enamored that he's Ben and she's pretty drunk. They start making out. The exchange heats up, and Ben decides he's going for it all, grabbing at her thighs and forcing his way in. He penetrates her, with a bit of the clear "pre-ejac" getting left inside her. He's going at it while she's asking him to stop. He realizes he's essentially raping her, and stops before "finishing." Girl immediately seeks to report this. After some days and weeks with the media hounding everyone, the girl and her family figures out that this whole thing will get drawn out and being in the eyes of the public will stretch out this bad experience even further. Family decides it's not worth it to pursue legal charges.

full stop, you just lost me regal

IF she was raped (and I agree with you that she probably was) then the "media hounding" shouldn't mean a damn thing. She has a case, is a victim, and she was violated. Or she wasn't and there is no crime. There is no third way. She dropped charges, well then there is no crime. A victim should never let a violater off the hook because of the "media hounding." Do that, and the public will start to DOUBT your story (the way I am starting to doubt it now.) That is exactly what happened to Katlyn Faber when she decided to drop the criminal charges against Kobe Bryant. People started to doubt that she was ever raped (that it was consentual sex and she was just looking for money from a millionaire bonehead, which she later got, fancy that.)

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:They are probably exploring some sort of suit, although they still seek to stay out of the spotlight. Some people come to the aid of Big Ben wondering how he could be suspended considering he wasn't arrested or charged. They think he didn't do anything.

If she goes after him civilly but not criminally, then add me to the list of people that start to doubt that Ben violated her. I'll start to think this was all just about getting money. How could I not?

She was drunk which means she can't LEGALLY give consent to sex. So you can charge him for that. Lets say she wasn't drunk. Even if it WAS consentual (and she was sober), the DA STILL has Ben on statitory rape if she is underage. But she has to press charges. Don't let a criminal get away!
Last edited by innocentbystander on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:36 pm

The Rooney family are frauds. They didn't care when their whole team was openly doping in the 1970s and they certainly don't care that their QB is a sexual deviant...as long as they win. I can't stand how the media is trying to portray them as some sort of moral beacon of truth.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:41 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Some of the facts are:
DA walks away

he probably raped her. when she presses charges and they examine Ben's DNA and compare it to the DNA found in her vagina, then we will all know for sure and he goes to jail if it is a match

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Is it just me that figured this damn thing out? He gets her in the bathroom - at this point she's enamored that he's Ben and she's pretty drunk. They start making out. The exchange heats up, and Ben decides he's going for it all, grabbing at her thighs and forcing his way in. He penetrates her, with a bit of the clear "pre-ejac" getting left inside her. He's going at it while she's asking him to stop. He realizes he's essentially raping her, and stops before "finishing." Girl immediately seeks to report this. After some days and weeks with the media hounding everyone, the girl and her family figures out that this whole thing will get drawn out and being in the eyes of the public will stretch out this bad experience even further. Family decides it's not worth it to pursue legal charges.

IF she was raped (and I agree with you that she probably was) then the "media hounding" shouldn't mean a damn thing. She has a case, is a victim, and she was violated. Or she wasn't and there is no crime. There is no third way. She dropped charges, well then there is no crime. A victim should never let a violater off the hook because of the "media hounding." Do that, and the public will start to DOUBT your story (the way I am starting to doubt it now.) That is exactly what happened to Katlyn Faber when she decided to drop the criminal charges against Kobe Bryant. People started to doubt that she was ever raped (that it was consentual sex and she was just looking for money from a millionaire bonehead, which she later got, fancy that.)

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:They are probably exploring some sort of suit, although they still seek to stay out of the spotlight. Some people come to the aid of Big Ben wondering how he could be suspended considering he wasn't arrested or charged. They think he didn't do anything.

If she goes after him civilly but not criminally, then add me to the list of people that start to doubt that Ben violated her. I'll start to think this was all just about getting money. How could I not?

She was drunk which means she can't LEGALLY give consent to sex. So you can charge him for that. Lets say she wasn't drunk. Even if it WAS consentual (and she was sober), the DA STILL has Ben on statitory rape if she is underage. But she has to press charges. Don't let a criminal get away!

You may be able to get into the mind of a rapist, but your understanding of criminal law could use some work.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:43 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Some of the facts are:
DA walks away

You may be able to get into the mind of a rapist, but your understanding of criminal law could use some work.

Oh really? Educate me.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCFAN94 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:43 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I can give Ben a reprieve for him not knowing she was under 21- I mean it wasn't his job to check ID's and the club should be held responsible for that, but the rest of the story absolutely disgusts me.

Was he serving her drinks, or just raping her. I think a distinction needs to be made here.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:55 pm

[quote="innocentbystanderShe was drunk which means she can't LEGALLY give consent to sex. So you can charge him for that. Lets say she wasn't drunk. Even if it WAS consentual (and she was sober), the DA STILL has Ben on statitory rape if she is underage. But she has to press charges. Don't let a criminal get away![/quote]

If this were true, I would say most guys could probably have been accused and convicted of rape. Can drunk guys consent to sex or are they being abused also?

AND She is 20 years old, age is NOT a factor. You do not have to be 21 to have sex. I believe the age of consent for sex is 17.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:59 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:AND She is 20 years old, age is NOT a factor. You do not have to be 21 to have sex. I believe the age of consent for sex is 17.

Varies state to state. All I know is in CT it's 18. Also if you have one drop of alcohol, someone can't consent -just think about what goes on at BC every Thursday/Friday/Sat...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:02 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:She was drunk which means she can't LEGALLY give consent to sex. So you can charge him for that. Lets say she wasn't drunk. Even if it WAS consentual (and she was sober), the DA STILL has Ben on statitory rape if she is underage. But she has to press charges. Don't let a criminal get away!

If this were true, I would say most guys could probably have been accused and convicted of rape. Can drunk guys consent to sex or are they being abused also?

well in all seriousness, that depends on the gender of the person "abusing" the man.

assume it is a woman he is having sex with, drunk or sober, (for a man) consenting to sex is only halfway there.

if a guy is truly "drunk" he is going to have a hard time getting "hard". thus, no sex, thus no rape (on her part) unless she is giving him the ole "ralphie treatment"

i suppose there are some sexual supermen out there who are "hard and drunk" at the same time, but I envy those guys so (as a juror) I will never side on their favor in criminal proceedings against the cougar that mounted them. Of course if she "ralphie's" him, then I could see finding in his favor, send the bitch to women's jail
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:04 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Some of the facts are:
DA walks away

Combine this with his proclamations of previous restraining orders, opinions that busting walls is OK, and a judgement of guilt based squarely on whether or not charges are brought, and I am even more scared of IB than ever before. I guess the thought that the mental trauma from a sexual assualt perpetrated by Big Ben could be far exceeded by the mental trauma that comes from intense scrutiny, endless criticism, and outright harrassment from the media and public is lost on you. I'm having visions of Steve Buscemi perusing a list of people he wants to kill prior to applying lipstick.

RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:10 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:She was drunk which means she can't LEGALLY give consent to sex. So you can charge him for that. Lets say she wasn't drunk. Even if it WAS consentual (and she was sober), the DA STILL has Ben on statitory rape if she is underage. But she has to press charges. Don't let a criminal get away!

well in all seriousness, that depends on the gender of the person "abusing" the man.

assume it is a woman he is having sex with, drunk or sober, (for a man) consenting to sex is only halfway there.

if a guy is truly "drunk" he is going to have a hard time getting "hard". thus, no sex, thus no rape (on her part) unless she is giving him the ole "ralphie treatment"

i suppose there are some sexual supermen out there who are "hard and drunk" at the same time, but I envy those guys so (as a juror) I will never side on their favor in criminal proceedings against the cougar that mounted them. Of course if she "ralphie's" him, then I could see finding in his favor, send the bitch to women's jail

You truly have a twisted view on life and the law.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:12 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Some of the facts are:
DA walks away

Combine this with his proclamations of previous restraining orders, opinions that busting walls is OK, and a judgement of guilt based squarely on whether or not charges are brought, and I am even more scared of IB than ever before.

I'm harmless.

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:I guess the thought that the mental trauma from a sexual assualt perpetrated by Big Ben could be far exceeded by the mental trauma that comes from intense scrutiny, endless criticism, and outright harrassment from the media and public is lost on you.

That is correct, it is lost on me.

If someone violates me (or any member of my family) rest assured regal, come hell or highwater, charges will be pressed and someone will be going to jail. I don't give a shit how much criticism or harrassment the public or the media give me, the criminal will NOT be getting away.

I'm still waiting for apbc to educate me on criminal law.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:14 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

You truly have a twisted view on life and the law.

it isn't that my view is twisted AC. it is just that I have no time for bullshit. when people ask bullshit questions (like what about men giving consent to sex while drunk), they get a bullshit answer
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:17 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:listen so-called lawyers... everyone knows that a school of higher education has to have an engineering school to call itself a rape. if there's no engineering school, its just a sexual assault.

somebody check, does miami (ohio) have an engineering school?

yeah TRE!
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium