POLL - which was worse

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Which was a worse offensive performance/scheme?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:25 am

2005 va tech (we are what we are, and we can't beat this team)
21%
2009 the clemson (50 fucking yards of offense)
79%

Total votes : 39

Re: POLL - which was worse

Postby talon on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:54 am

2005 - was anybody surprised?

2000 - I really never expected ever to have to photoshop Spaz's head on TOBY's jorty body. When :toby left and :spaz2 didn't go with him, I suspected that maybe they weren't best buddies. When Jags came in, the defense immediately became more agressive. I thought that our ultra conservative defense was because :toby wanted it that way and :spaz2 was being held back. Was I 100% confident that BC was going to win. No. Was I 100% confident that BC was going to lose? No. 2005 was not a shock. This game was.

In terms of playcalling, maybe we're all overreacting. Hopefully, the coaches learned something this week and we'll see improvements from here on out.

But, I just cannot let that interview after halftime go. 16-0. That's two scores. You're down only two scores and you tell the world you've already conceded defeat and you're just hoping to keep the score close.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:28 am

Both were bad, but there is no excuse for what happened yesterday. 50 yards of offense is not only unacceptable, but heads should roll, starting with Tranquill. There has to be some sort of shakeup, and Spaz needs to make a strong statement or else we're back to the days of TOB.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 am

i believe i read in either the globe or herald today that the offensive output was the worst since 1980. that's almost 30 years of football. less than 100 yards of total offense is unacceptable. our OL was abused. it was just disgusting. there were quotes in the papers that they hadn't seen several moves that Da'Quan Bowers used which leads me to believe they were unprepared which falls on the coaching staff. an OL with 3 all-acc members and four returning seniors should NOT be manhandled like taht.

this QB carousel sucks but i'm just not sure tuggle is the answer... some of this throws were pitiful. and clearly, shinskie is at least a year away from being back up to football speed. perhaps, 74 is right, maybe marco polo is the way to go then as ridiculous as that sounds. this just sucks.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:28 am

talon {l Wrote}:2005 - was anybody surprised?

2000 - I really never expected ever to have to photoshop Spaz's head on TOBY's jorty body. When :toby left and :spaz2 didn't go with him, I suspected that maybe they weren't best buddies. When Jags came in, the defense immediately became more agressive. I thought that our ultra conservative defense was because :toby wanted it that way and :spaz2 was being held back. Was I 100% confident that BC was going to win. No. Was I 100% confident that BC was going to lose? No. 2005 was not a shock. This game was.

In terms of playcalling, maybe we're all overreacting. Hopefully, the coaches learned something this week and we'll see improvements from here on out.

But, I just cannot let that interview after halftime go. 16-0. That's two scores. You're down only two scores and you tell the world you've already conceded defeat and you're just hoping to keep the score close.

I agree with everything people are saying about coaching, playcalling, OLine play, etc. But I think people are reading too much into 1 halftime quote.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:28 am

I agree with everything people are saying about coaching, playcalling, OLine play, etc. But I think people are reading too much into 1 halftime quote.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:31 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

That is because you are part of the "We are what we are" crowd.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:37 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

No - It's because I watch what happens on the field, I don't need those meaningless halftime quotes to tell me what is going on. This wasn't TOB's "we're up aren't we?" quote. All he basicaly said was, first we need to get a first down (which was true)....the "hope it doesn't get ugly part" was a little annoying, but I'm not going to use that to read into his entire attitude. He did onside kick after the score....that to me meant more than the quote. He may turn into a play not to lose TOB clone....I hope to hell not. But I don't think that quote confirms that. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:48 am

hansen {l Wrote}:i believe i read in either the globe or herald today that the offensive output was the worst since 1980. that's almost 30 years of football. less than 100 yards of total offense is unacceptable. our OL was abused. it was just disgusting. there were quotes in the papers that they hadn't seen several moves that Da'Quan Bowers used which leads me to believe they were unprepared which falls on the coaching staff. an OL with 3 all-acc members and four returning seniors should NOT be manhandled like taht.

this QB carousel sucks but i'm just not sure tuggle is the answer... some of this throws were pitiful. and clearly, shinskie is at least a year away from being back up to football speed. perhaps, 74 is right, maybe marco polo is the way to go then as ridiculous as that sounds. this just sucks.

That 1980 total was still more than the waht we gained Saturday. So that 54 yards of putridity could be the worst ever?

I made a post yesterday saying if the offense isn't going great guns at the half against Wake Spaz needs to replace Tranq with Day on the spot during the game. Day is supposed to be the hot shot OC in waiting. If he's that good, fuck waiting, pull the trigger Saturday if need be and let's get this moving in the right direction. :arrow:
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:50 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

No - It's because I watch what happens on the field, I don't need those meaningless halftime quotes to tell me what is going on. This wasn't TOB's "we're up aren't we?" quote. All he basicaly said was, first we need to get a first down (which was true)....the "hope it doesn't get ugly part" was a little annoying, but I'm not going to use that to read into his entire attitude. He did onside kick after the score....that to me meant more than the quote. He may turn into a play not to lose TOB clone....I hope to hell not. But I don't think that quote confirms that. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

Is your name Joseph, Avery, or Andrew?
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby guru2 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:45 pm

The 2005 VT game was a double whammy ass rape ... Porter and the O were scared shitless and the D was lit up by little Vick for almost 300 yards in the air.

Plus BC was 6-1 AND we had the added frustration of having Ryan save QP's ass in the Wake game but not get the start in daunting Lane Stadium.
guru2
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:01 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:i believe i read in either the globe or herald today that the offensive output was the worst since 1980. that's almost 30 years of football. less than 100 yards of total offense is unacceptable. our OL was abused. it was just disgusting. there were quotes in the papers that they hadn't seen several moves that Da'Quan Bowers used which leads me to believe they were unprepared which falls on the coaching staff. an OL with 3 all-acc members and four returning seniors should NOT be manhandled like taht.

That 1980 total was still more than the waht we gained Saturday. So that 54 yards of putridity could be the worst ever?

I made a post yesterday saying if the offense isn't going great guns at the half against Wake Spaz needs to replace Tranq with Day on the spot during the game. Day is supposed to be the hot shot OC in waiting. If he's that good, fuck waiting, pull the trigger Saturday if need be and let's get this moving in the right direction. :arrow:

where's elias sports when i need them? i'm curious if it truly is the worst offensive performance in BC history.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:52 pm

No comparison. 2005 was awful. We were soundly beaten. (I was there.) But this past Saturday exceeds anything in my experience. Especially for what it portends about our coaching competence on offense.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:00 pm

I voted for 2005. It was worse in the sense that we waited until the game was over to give Ryan a shot. And the defense played 8 guys in zone all night with no adjustments and made Marcus Vick look like Dan Marino as he just sat back and waited for someone to get open. Who was DC that night?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby auggiebc on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 pm

I want to vote for 2005 but Spaz' halftime interview on Saturday will not let me.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium