THE 74 QUARTERBACK SOLUTION FOR BC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

THE 74 QUARTERBACK SOLUTION FOR BC

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:18 am

JUSTIN TUGGLE

Tuggle is like a lot of guys who were great natural HS athletes and Qb's. They were stars, had speed and could throw on the run and in the pocket. Tuggle is an option QB and could make it if he could throw accurately on the run and did not have a low point of release for being 6' 4" and having so many passes batted away, or he just can't pick a passing lane --crucial for any QB's natural skills----which Doug Flutie said is why he was a successful Heisman QB at 5' 9' or less.

Tuggle should transfer since he has talent, but not at this level. his arm is FCS level strength.

Tuggle would be and excellent QB for the FCS level. The ACC has too much speed for his talents and skills and he is out of his element and league.

We have seen him in practice and springs for 2 years. He is not developing and maybe there is no one there to drill him how to throw on the run or get better or hone his skills.

Listen up here:

Matt Ryan was a pocket passer. Matt was no option Qb and ran rarely.

Matt Ryan could throw on the run like a superstar! Why?

Because Matt had a great big arm!!!

Do you get it now?

Matt Ryan has a gun and was 6'5" and could fire that apple. Matt has good mobility and agility. Tuggle has way better mobility and agility >>> but doesn't have the arm, accuracy, skills, and delivery!

Tuggle is a FCS player.

DAVE SHINSKIE

The staff last year and this year knew Tuggle was not ready for prime time and the job was Shinskie's to lose!

They even came out and said it!!!

Dave is 26 and trying to test out his big arm and get his skills back. I have no idea if he has 4 years left, but he wanted to have a big Matt Ryan year or 2 and make it in the pros. He has a bad set or ribs. --( 6 year baseball body??)--

To me Shinskie is an unknown with a big arm no reps and has not performed well, but then again he has not had many live action chances or as many as Tuggle. BC has no chance with Tuggle, so by default do you go with Shinskie or......

MARCO POLO -- Mike Marscovetra

He has size 6' 4", a great arm, a freshman whose redshirt has been burned and could be if developed or we can maybe see some Ryan in him if he gets reps and playing time under severe duress and tp flight talent?

It's not just an arm, because the kid needs to develop like Ryan, but what choices does BC have?

Shinskie may be too old, fragile and rusty?? -- (Baseball non-weight lifting and high impact sport?)

Shinskie is simply an current and future unknown, but he has an arm and just may need a year , but with no reps he is doomed.

Tuggle will beat the crap outta the Kent State's and Northeastern's and even then he had some bad throws and double pumped away a sure TD?

Ergo, like I said before the QB competition ended in the fall, >>> all signs point to Marco Polo aged 18-19, or 8 years younger and in football shape---and at least give he a shot or a chance and get ready for 2010?

No one likes an I told you so, but Clemson ain't that good on defense but Tranquill made them look like VT?

Oh by the way, I think we play better defenses coming up in FSU and VT?

MARCO POLO is the answer to the QB solution.

Get him ready under the severe testing and duress of the next 9 games for the 2010 season or the competition with the new highly touted recruits. There is no downside since we are headed for lots of losses with Tuggle.

Tuggle needs to transfer.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: THE 74 QUARTERBACK SOLUTION FOR BC

Postby OmariWalker on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:43 am

He cant be much worse then Tuggle. I second it. But no Shinske, he is a walking turnover.
OmariWalker
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:12 am

The solution to the BC solution came to me in a dream.

It was like a vision from hell, only my wife was not in it. :lol:

It was the wisdom of Crash Davis in Bull Durham

We at BC, are in the Bermuda triangle of dilemmas, "just like a pussy a man could get lost in there!".

We have a pussy Head Coach who should have overruled the plays by GLBT and a pussy Offensive Coordinator who made calls worse than Nemo.

We at BC with these 2 will never be heard from again.

We are trapped in the Bermuda pussy.

Ebby Calvin NUKE Laloosh had a million dollar arm and a 2 cent brain and fungus on his shower shoes.

But remember one thing....Nuke had a gun. An arm, which under development of Crash was the future to winning.

Tuggle may have it all, but he does not have a Division FBS arm. Shinskie may have an arm, but he needs time and reps and its too late ...or maybe not

The vision of baseball came to me since Shinskie played for 6 years and has a baseball body and got hurt quickly.

Strange linkage, but hey, I ain't buying no fucking Honda.

................ but I am giving the kid a chance to throw like Nuke and develop in 2009 for 2010 or to compete with the others in 2010!

MARCO....

POLO!

GET US OUT OF THE BERMUDA PUSSY. No offense to Dixieland Band, Jane, Kimmie or Dee.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby talon on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:20 am

Unless the O-Line gets fixed, the guy taking snaps won't matter.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:21 am

They need to use Tuggle more effectively to take advantage of his speed. He should fake the handoff to the tailback in the shotgun and run it himself 2 to 4 times a game. That play was very effective for Crane. They should try the naked bootleg. Doug Flutie would eat up the defenses using it with the option of either running or throwing. This is a great play for a quick, athletic quarterback. They should run the option once or twice. Even if it doesn't work, it forces the defense to prepare for it and adds another dimension to the offense.

Shinski did not show much yesterday, and Spaz would never start an Italian at QB.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:26 am

talon {l Wrote}:Unless the O-Line gets fixed, the guy taking snaps won't matter.

See my response to TRE on the otehr thread. That was true, but GLBT and Tuggle also had some blame.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:15 am

When does the two deep starters come out?

Does Spaz, or will he, say anything in the presser oofr next week?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Here you go 9...tell me what is your solution since Tuggle did not look as good as you think?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Sophistry on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Shinskie's bail-out on his second play was pretty funny; I had the impression that he was just scared sh*tless. Tuggle looked so clumsy on many of his exchanges. I would have been concerned to play Mars, but after watching Kuechly, DiSanzo and Bagan not make excuses and play well against one of the best run offenses in the country, my opinion is try the freshman at QB before NyQuill de-programs his instincts.
Sophistry
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Quinton Porter had a much stronger arm than Paul Pete. Just sayin' is all.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:08 pm

One question the staff did not answer in the preseason: which quarterback is better at throwing while he's on his back getting teabagged by a defensive end? Unless they fix the offensive line, that's the only kind of quarterback who will be able to lead this offense.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:09 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Here you go 9...tell me what is your solution since Tuggle did not look as good as you think?

The solution is simple. Block.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Apparently Tranq and Devine have already left BC to coach for the Patriots. Disgustiad.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Sophistry {l Wrote}:Shinskie's bail-out on his second play was pretty funny; I had the impression that he was just scared sh*tless. Tuggle looked so clumsy on many of his exchanges. I would have been concerned to play Mars, but after watching Kuechly, DiSanzo and Bagan not make excuses and play well against one of the best run offenses in the country, my opinion is try the freshman at QB before NyQuill de-programs his instincts.

NyQuill deprogrammed Tuggle to not run in 8 weeks. What makes you think the rest aren't already fucked up bu our shit coaches?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't know how you can focus on Tuggle after watching yesterday's game. He would have been fine if the offensive line wasn't so poor yesterday. Blame Tranquil, blame the OLine, not Tuggle.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Sophistry on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:53 pm

In fairness to Tuggle, just solve his lack of coordination for the hand-offs, and I may have a different opinion next week. I know that he was in his first big game so that his learning curve should be steep (upwards). I'm less enthusiastic about Shinskie, having been out of the game for so long. Football is a game of controlled violence and, after 6 years of baseball, he may have lost his edge. The 18 year old is closer to the violence of the sport and probably is more comfortable w/it. Either way, I hope that Mars is no. 2 by tomorrow.
Sophistry
Carney Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Shinskie has potential. At least he did not fumble like a basketball bounce pass into the arms of a defender in full stride 15 yards out from our end zone. Dominique had that play nailed perfectly.

I vote for trying out the Italian kid from New Jersey. Although with our OL, he better be packing a 45 to save his life.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:53 am

Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:Shinskie has potential. At least he did not fumble like a basketball bounce pass into the arms of a defender in full stride 15 yards out from our end zone. Dominique had that play nailed perfectly.

I vote for trying out the Italian kid from New Jersey. Although with our OL, he better be packing a 45 to save his life.

I think we may see Marco Polo.

We I-tals as Logo calls us, use 9MM's now. We have dignity and class when we whack mooks.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:38 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:Shinskie has potential. At least he did not fumble like a basketball bounce pass into the arms of a defender in full stride 15 yards out from our end zone. Dominique had that play nailed perfectly.

I think we may see Marco Polo.

We I-tals as Logo calls us, use 9MM's now. We have dignity and class when we whack mooks.

If Spaz solves his own fuck ups by blaming the QB and starting the guy that he didn't think earned the job after one tough game on the road, he, like you, will have become just like TOB, throwing his players under the bus for his own suckiness, and I will not watch another BC game until he is fired.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:02 am

74, I love you but stop making Tuggle the fall guy. Georgia Tech's QB went 3-14 and 2 INTs in a win over Clemson. Middle Tennessee had 299 total yards of offense against Clemson. Our scheme and execution could not have been worse. The coaches and Spaz share most of the blame.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:30 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:74, I love you but stop making Tuggle the fall guy. Georgia Tech's QB went 3-14 and 2 INTs in a win over Clemson. Middle Tennessee had 299 total yards of offense against Clemson. Our scheme and execution could not have been worse. The coaches and Spaz share most of the blame.

OK, but Tuggle is very inaccurate and has poor footwork in the pocket and his ability to pick throwing lanes is poor.

Let's see what happens versus the Swamp Fox this weekend at home.

I love you to KOSSports!

DO NOT EVER LEAVE US AGAIN.

I had heart pangs....since in reality you are a hot GT cheerleader..... :o

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:09 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:74, I love you but stop making Tuggle the fall guy. Georgia Tech's QB went 3-14 and 2 INTs in a win over Clemson. Middle Tennessee had 299 total yards of offense against Clemson. Our scheme and execution could not have been worse. The coaches and Spaz share most of the blame.

OK, but Tuggle is very inaccurate and has poor footwork in the pocket and his ability to pick throwing lanes is poor.

Let's see what happens versus the Swamp Fox this weekend at home.

I love you to KOSSports!

DO NOT EVER LEAVE US AGAIN.

I had heart pangs....since in reality you are a hot GT cheerleader..... :o

the OL is problemo numero uno.
the QB is a close second. i don't thing Tuggle has it*, Shinskie is rusty**, and Marco is unproven.
I say give more reps to Shinskie and Marco, let Marco or Shinskie start and see what happens. more reps mean being more in sync with the center and less chances of a fumble.

*Tuggle threw some really bad balls... he may in fact have better judgement but if you cannot connect with your WR when he's wide open then what good is your field vision. 74 is right, he has a FCS arm and it's painful watching him throw the deep ball.

**i believe Shinskie has 1 INT this year but that was a result of forcing it... trying to make a play, trying to win the job. if he'd simply play within himself he'd be at least as good as Crane. of course, there's always that field vision thing but it's hard to have good field vision when your OL gives you 2s to make a play.

of course, ATL is spot on, this QB selection is irrelevant if the OL plays worse than my high school team's OL.

EDIT. added a comment about shinskie.
Last edited by hansen on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:02 am

Hey 9--

I have a 50% chance of being right.

:o :o :o

I guess my analysis wasn't too far off?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:25 am

I think Shinskie is gonna start...my final guess...he needs 2 quarters of every snap and more to find out what Spaz and Topo have and this is it.

Tuggle's arm is questionable and I think Dave gets his chance.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby MoMoneyBC on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:32 am

This is dumb. The problem isn't the quarterback its the offense and the general idea they are rallied around. They are not on the same page. We need to figure it out quickly before this season is out of hand.
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:11 pm

DAVE SHINSKIE

The staff last year and this year knew Tuggle was not ready for prime time and the job was Shinskie's to lose!

They even came out and said it!!!

Dave is 26 and trying to test out his big arm and get his skills back. I have no idea if he has 4 years left, but he wanted to have a big Matt Ryan year or 2 and make it in the pros. He has a bad set or ribs. --( 6 year baseball body??)--

To me Shinskie is an unknown with a big arm no reps and has not performed well, but then again he has not had many live action chances or as many as Tuggle. BC has no chance with Tuggle, so by default do you go with Shinskie or......

MARCO POLO -- Mike Marscovetra

He has size 6' 4", a great arm, a freshman whose redshirt has been burned and could be if developed or we can maybe see some Ryan in him if he gets reps and playing time under severe duress and tp flight talent?

It's not just an arm, because the kid needs to develop like Ryan, but what choices does BC have?

Shinskie may be too old, fragile and rusty?? -- (Baseball non-weight lifting and high impact sport?)

Shinskie is simply an current and future unknown, but he has an arm and just may need a year , but with no reps he is doomed.

Tuggle will beat the crap outta the Kent State's and Northeastern's and even then he had some bad throws and double pumped away a sure TD?

Ergo, like I said before the QB competition ended in the fall, >>> all signs point to Marco Polo aged 18-19, or 8 years younger and in football shape---and at least give he a shot or a chance and get ready for 2010?

No one likes an I told you so, but Clemson ain't that good on defense but Tranquill made them look like VT?

Oh by the way, I think we play better defenses coming up in FSU and VT?

MARCO POLO is the answer to the QB solution.

Get him ready under the severe testing and duress of the next 9 games for the 2010 season or the competition with the new highly touted recruits. There is no downside since we are headed for lots of losses with Tuggle.

Tuggle needs to transfer.[/quote]

ALL WEEK DAVE GOT ALL THE REPS AND SPAZ ALMOST AS USUAL GRABBED DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:17 pm

Shinskie had all day to throw. I will admit he improved today, especially his vision, but Tuggle may have played just as well or better with that kind of time. That said, I'm glad they stuck with him after he threw the pick. I didn't want this game of musical chairs to continue. At least they've picked somebody.

Spaz and Tranq were wrong to burn Marscovetra's redshirt. He doesn't look ready for reps in any game where the result isn't a foregone conclusion.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:53 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Shinskie had all day to throw. I will admit he improved today, especially his vision, but Tuggle may have played just as well or better with that kind of time. That said, I'm glad they stuck with him after he threw the pick. I didn't want this game of musical chairs to continue. At least they've picked somebody.

Spaz and Tranq were wrong to burn Marscovetra's redshirt. He doesn't look ready for reps in any game where the result isn't a foregone conclusion.

I know or read of some situations where very limited play and players have applied for an extra year?

Odd are slim, but I bet we may see MP again?

Your starter has to get reps unless you are Tebow.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:33 pm

Shinski's lack of mobility means that he has to be that much better at passing. I am watching ND vs Purdue. They sat down Clausen and brought in his backup. Very first play the backup QB rips off 20 yds on a fake handoff and a run to the outside. Puts Purdue D on its heals. ND has a 70 yard drive and a TD, mostly running the ball. A mobile QB brings this dimension. If they used Tuggle correctly, he could be a real threat. Who knows what Tuggle could have done with the blocking and running today.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:08 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Shinski's lack of mobility means that he has to be that much better at passing. I am watching ND vs Purdue. They sat down Clausen and brought in his backup. Very first play the backup QB rips off 20 yds on a fake handoff and a run to the outside. Puts Purdue D on its heals. ND has a 70 yard drive and a TD, mostly running the ball. A mobile QB brings this dimension. If they used Tuggle correctly, he could be a real threat. Who knows what Tuggle could have done with the blocking and running today.

Read post 1.

Tuggle is a FCS QB.

Learn.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium