O-line U = O-line P.U. Today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

O-line U = O-line P.U. Today

Postby Bunratty on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:18 pm

They stunk up the joint. No way around it. Yada, yada, yada about coaches and/or new scheme. In addition to getting beat like a drum one-on-one all day long, their lack of overall effort was un conscionable. They looked like they would rather have been apple picking.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Re: O-line U = O-line P.U. Today

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:15 pm

True. The blame on the coaches is predictable but I still don't see what the fuck could have happened.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Two things could have happened:
1: The coaches changed the blocking philosophy that these five players, who formed one of the best lines in the conference last year, were taught for the last two years and the new oline coach from Cow Hampshire (ha ha COW Hampshire!) has done a shitty job implementing the new scheme.
b: The aliens from Space Jam stole their talent.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Snooptonydog on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Agree with Onyx. The O-line schemes were absolutely putrid. It was "let's not block the one guy we're supposed to block because it's obvious scheme." Then, the one guy they're supposed to block runs in - UNIMPEDED - and toasts whatever run/pass we had going. WTF? I kept freezing the video and shaking my head as I say 3 O-line men (yes - THREE) block 1 Clemson defender and let Sapp and/or Bowers run free right up into the backfield. WTF scheme is THAT?

Fire the O-line coach midseason if this shit doesn't improve. RAPIDLY.
Snooptonydog
Carney Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:They stunk up the joint. No way around it. Yada, yada, yada about coaches and/or new scheme. In addition to getting beat like a drum one-on-one all day long, their lack of overall effort was un conscionable. They looked like they would rather have been apple picking.

AMEN. Disgraceful display. We knew we didn't have a QB who could play, and that was confirmed. But the OL was supposed to be a strength. Today we found out that the weak play of the previous two weeks was not an aberation, but a for real.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium