Question for posters who have been on here a while

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Question for posters who have been on here a while

Postby BCMike22 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:09 am

So is this place kind of like the refugee camp for posters who have left Eagle Insider, the scout board?

I don't recognize the grand majority of posters or here or get the myriad of inside jokes/names that are prevalent...just curious.
BCMike22
n00b

Re: Question for posters who have been on here a while

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:13 am

It is certainly that, but all are welcome. You will get the inside jokes after a while.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:13 am

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=170

This is a good write up of the events that took us from EI to Mantown. (ladies welcome).
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby NJBC96 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:14 am

I was a long-time viewer, no-time poster on EI.... Never felt like my contributions would matter for the greater good. But taking part of a start-up just seems right.
NJBC96
n00b

Postby EOVolumePolice on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:26 am

One difference between EO and EI now is that EI is a lot more quiet now.

Though its cheaper over here. I mean, c'mon. $9?
EOVolumePolice
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:29 am

NINE DOLLARS FOR ALL THE EXCLUSIVE CONTENT I GET FROM RECRUITS AND THEIR FAMILIES BEFORE THEY CHANGE THEIR PHONE NUMBERS OR SERVE ME WITH A RESTRAINING ORDER!

NINE DOLLARS!!!
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCFanFormerlyInCuse on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:31 am

I miss the days from EI where we all used to have logos of minor league sports teams in our signatures.
BCFanFormerlyInCuse
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:34 am

BCFanFormerlyInCuse {l Wrote}:I miss the days from EI where we all used to have logos of minor league sports teams in our signatures.

What do you mean "used to"?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby barstoolbcfan on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:15 pm

BCMike22 - SERIOUS QUESTION... do you still think Tuggle is a bad leader because he had $0 next to his name on the Lift4Life list?
HOW COOL IS THIS!?!!!
barstoolbcfan
n00b

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:30 pm

I don't recognize the grand majority of posters or here or get the myriad of inside jokes/names that are prevalent...just curious.

Just know that if anyone mentions anything about BC's Engineering Department, RVs, Magic Cards, D'Angelos in Randolph, or other schools in the ACC wanting BC OUT of the ACC, these are inside jokes that refer to me. But at least no one tells me to eat a dick full of AIDS the way they do OJ.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby talon on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:32 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I don't recognize the grand majority of posters or here or get the myriad of inside jokes/names that are prevalent...just curious.

Just know that if anyone mentions anything about BC's Engineering Department, RVs, Magic Cards, D'Angelos in Randolph, or other schools in the ACC wanting BC OUT of the ACC, these are inside jokes that refer to me. But at least no one tells me to eat a dick full of AIDS the way they do OJ.

Don't forget about drinking an entire six pack of beer over a period of three days. :ginger
Last edited by talon on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Yup, that was me.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:54 pm

Is there anyway it would be possible for me to go back in time so I could trademark/copyright king of the dicks and innocentretardo? It literally causes me pain to see those terms tossed out so liberally and I have nothing to show for it.
Yes, "innocentretardo" was the result of the legendary discussion concerning BC is it a university or not?! :ace

ps BCMike22 GDIAF (tm chevy)
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Are there any guys from the EI schism that werent also part of the EA schism? (wow, maybe we are the problem)
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby shockdoct on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:06 pm

No, definitely everyone else.
:shock
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:06 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Are there any guys from the EI schism that werent also part of the EA schism? (wow, maybe we are the problem)

I was not part of the EA schism. I signed up for EI the day after TOB's departure
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Yes, "innocentretardo" was the result of the legendary discussion concerning BC is it a university or not?!

I guess I might have listened to the wrong people.

I had an boss at a job that I worked for about 4 years who was a BC graduate (the job I worked 3rd shift, warehouseman, full time, while in school.) This boss and I would chat from time to time about BC and he kept harping on the fact (over and over) that Boston College was not a University. He said he was so very proud to be a BC graduate, that he got the best liberal arts education that money could buy from the best Roman Catholic college in Boston. What he was not interested in was some technical/engineering degree that they grant at "Universities" (his words.) Now, in my family (salt of the Earth, blue collar family), I was the first person to actually graduate from University (Northeastern.) So I didn't have a whole lot of "wisdom" when it came to terms regarding Boston's schools of higher learning. I just took what my ex-boss said at face value and figured he knew what he was saying. What I am gathering from you all is that he did not know what he was saying.

Okay fine. I got it then. I get it now. My boss was a BC graduate but he was also a fool.

I find it kind of sad that he wasn't able to send his two children to BC. He said he couldn't afford it. Bridgewater State was all he could afford for his two kids. (So he got to go to BC, but his kids didn't.)

Anyway, I graduate Northeastern. First boss I ever had for the first temp job I had out of Northeastern was also a BC grad (and a BC season's ticket holder.) He would tease me at lunch the way bosses tend to needle and tease their subordinates. Little did I know what that this teasing was a one-way-street. One day, he started in on me as a "rich kid" because I was able to work "temp" jobs. Apparently, this BC grad was too stupid to know that doing help-desk temping was all I could do without any real technical experience. And with the 1990 recession still lingering, it was temping or nothing. BUt I decided to tease him back, bad move. I said to my boss "...no I wish I was a rich kid. If I was rich I would have gone with you to BC instead of Northeastern." He stopped laughing and he glared at me. 2 hours later I get a call from the temp agency telling me that my contract had been terminated effective that day. No, it wasn't worth it.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:19 pm

I was a latecomer to the EA schism - long time reader of EA, but didn't jump on the posting bandwagon until after the Syracuse debacle. The UNC game was the straw that broke the back - I flipped out on TOB and was banned shortly thereafter. Followed HJS over here. I only had vague knowledge of the Meeryman/Super secret Zander board at the time.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby mezmrin on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:21 pm

i still don't even know what EA stands for (in my head it goes like this 'E...A....its in the game), and I have no clue when i stumbled upon EI. i was late arriving to the party here b/c some people's IMs were too coded for me to know what the hell they meant and the authorization code took about a day to receive... only by the time you received it you had already requested a new one so the one you had didn't work anymore. :ace
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:22 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Yes, "innocentretardo" was the result of the legendary discussion concerning BC is it a university or not?!

I had an boss at a job that I worked for about 4 years who was a BC graduate (the job I worked 3rd shift, warehouseman, full time, while in school.) This boss and I would chat from time to time about BC and he kept harping on the fact (over and over) that Boston College was not a University. He said he was so very proud to be a BC graduate, that he got the best liberal arts education that money could buy from the best Roman Catholic college in Boston. What he was not interested in was some technical/engineering degree that they grant at "Universities" (his words.) Now, in my family (salt of the Earth, blue collar family), I was the first person to actually graduate from University (Northeastern.) So I didn't have a whole lot of "wisdom" when it came to terms regarding Boston's schools of higher learning. I just took what my ex-boss said at face value and figured he knew what he was saying. What I am gathering from you all is that he did not know what he was saying.

Okay fine. I got it then. I get it now. My boss was a BC graduate but he was also a fool.

I find it kind of sad that he wasn't able to send his two children to BC. He said he couldn't afford it. Bridgewater State was all he could afford for his two kids. (So he got to go to BC, but his kids didn't.)

Anyway, I graduate Northeastern. First boss I ever had for the first temp job I had out of Northeastern was also a BC grad (and a BC season's ticket holder.) He would tease me at lunch the way bosses tend to needle and tease their subordinates. Little did I know what that this teasing was a one-way-street. One day, he started in on me as a "rich kid" because I was able to work "temp" jobs. Apparently, this BC grad was too stupid to know that doing help-desk temping was all I could do without any real technical experience. And with the 1990 recession still lingering, it was temping or nothing. BUt I decided to tease him back, bad move. I said to my boss "...no I wish I was a rich kid. If I was rich I would have gone with you to BC instead of Northeastern." He stopped laughing and he glared at me. 2 hours later I get a call from the temp agency telling me that my contract had been terminated effective that day. No, it wasn't worth it.

Notice the trend of BC grads being the bosses of Northeastern grads.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:25 pm

I have had a lot of jobs. I have had many bosses.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:27 pm

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Yes, "innocentretardo" was the result of the legendary discussion concerning BC is it a university or not?!

Whammy! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCWest on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:51 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Are there any guys from the EI schism that werent also part of the EA schism? (wow, maybe we are the problem)

I was not really part of either. I just keep rolling with this crowd because it is more lively!
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:05 pm

I joined right around the departure of :toby
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:33 pm

Schizophrenia is no joking matter guys..shut the fuck up 74...I mean multiple personalities...you fucking asshole....and dealing with metal illness...like who isn't fucked up here....its like Tipper Gore said...fuck that crazy white bitch....that 40% of us have some type of mental illness...that fucking bitch should know she married that pussie Al...so lets try and be kind to the schizoid sufferers.....i say fuck the freaks and let them roam the streets and kill people...
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:38 pm

I don't know how I was not evicted from EA back in the TOB days. I was at least as critical as many of the schismed. Followed to EI to keep up with the good friends and commentators who left EA.

I am officially done with EI - don't see the point - who is left and why? As for EA, I get it that there are some old fuddy duddy's over there. There are also some good guys too. In the end, I crave the company of BC fans and BC discussion and both boards give different versions of the warm and tinglies.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:41 pm

For those of us who have not paid for subscriptions, there really is no point going back to EI.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 pm

I was not part of the EA schism. I have hated TOB since 1999 after that classic loss to Miami and being up 28-0 late in the third quarter. The Ginger gave up as soon as the U tied it up at 28. I hate that motherlover :toby
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby dixieagle on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:34 pm

I'm just a longtime BC Fan (female, class of '74) who enjoys keeping up with all BC sports from afar (deep in SEC country.) I rarely, if ever, post, as most of you scare the hell out of me. I have posted one or two clean game-related limericks on the other board, putting the BC English degree to use, but I mostly lurk. As this is where the action has moved to, I'm here. Saves $$$.
dixieagle
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium