ObserverCollege Hurts BC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Does OC's shtick "hurt" BC?

Yes
12%
No
49%
Why would anyone care what some anonymous commenter thinks?
40%

Total votes : 43

ObserverCollege Hurts BC

Postby VA_Eagle on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:24 pm

VA_Eagle
n00b

Re: ObserverCollege Hurts BC

Postby trek152 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:30 pm

scrush2
trek152
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Someone think of the children!

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:45 pm

I do think it has run its course.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:48 pm

I vehemently disagree.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:50 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:I vehemently disagree.

If you vehemently disagree, then you should have typed that in all caps.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:53 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i, for one, wonder what xander and farrell thing

I thought you only wondered about Riley's thing.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:54 pm

That JJ-2003 is a fucking rocket scientist.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:54 pm

I will type the first half of that sentence in caps when your first $4.50 is received as a deposit and the second half in caps when the second $4.50 is received for this month.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:55 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:I will type the first half of that sentence in caps when your first $4.50 is received as a deposit and the second half in caps when the second $4.50 is received for this month.

Whoa hey now, mister. Quit horning in on my racket valuable service.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bosa90 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:07 pm

OC helps BC - for the reasons pointed out by JJ. Plus it's hysterical. If some high school recruit is dumb enough to miss the sarcasm, they weren't meant for BC. :kudos to OC.
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Have we gone from "recruits read these boards" all the way down to "recruits read the Boston.com comments section"? What's next, bashing each others' heads open and feasting upon the goo inside?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Have we gone from "recruits read these boards" all the way down to "recruits read the Boston.com comments section"? What's next, bashing each others' heads open and feasting upon the goo inside?

I have never been a "recruits read these boards" whiner, but I will say, if I were a big time recruit who had just picked a school, I would probably see what the local paper had to say. The online version being the easiest option.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Have we gone from "recruits read these boards" all the way down to "recruits read the Boston.com comments section"? What's next, bashing each others' heads open and feasting upon the goo inside?

You haven't started yet?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:00 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I have never been a "recruits read these boards" whiner, but I will say, if I were a big time recruit who had just picked a school, I would probably see what the local paper had to say. The online version being the easiest option.

I wonder if Joe Boisture broke his commitment because of the goober who called BC "overrated" in the Boston.com comments.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:00 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:

You haven't started yet?

BRAINS!!!!!!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:21 pm

I love OC. Hands down the best parody poster non-studs division.

What I would like to see is some branching out. At this point, pretty much everyone on OC's regular spots - here, HD's blog, Boston.com and ATL's site - know what he is. The best part of OC is seeing people refute his arguments or engage in real conversation with him
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I wonder if Joe Boisture broke his commitment because of the goober who called BC "overrated" in the Boston.com comments.

I guarantee it!

But not really what i was saying. I was just bringing up the point that a recruit may read an article on boston.com, which is not an outlandish thing to say. The kids know how to use the internet.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:29 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I love OC. Hands down the best parody poster non-studs division.

What I would like to see is some branching out. At this point, pretty much everyone on OC's regular spots - here, HD's blog, Boston.com and ATL's site - know what he is. The best part of OC is seeing people refute his arguments or engage in real conversation with him

The fact that some idiots try to argue with him just goes to show that not everyone sees through the schtick....

I couldn't care less and don't think his posts do any harm, but I don't really find them funny or creative either.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:29 pm

One question that needs answered:

What could OC have written in this comments section that would have the post removed? I can't even begin to imagine.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food/articles/2009/08/05/and_baby_makes_3_happy_diners/?comments=all&plckCurrentPage=0
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I love OC. Hands down the best parody poster non-studs division.

The fact that some idiots try to argue with him just goes to show that not everyone sees through the schtick....

I couldn't care less and don't think his posts do any harm, but I don't really find them funny or creative either.

O.J, you don't find many things in life funny or creative. I wouldn't expect that to change now, even with the new screenname.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:24 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

O.J, you don't find many things in life funny or creative. I wouldn't expect that to change now, even with the new screenname.

wow, where did that come from?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:27 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

FAXCIAL.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bosa90 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:27 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:One question that needs answered:

What could OC have written in this comments section that would have the post removed? I can't even begin to imagine.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food/articles/2009/08/05/and_baby_makes_3_happy_diners/?comments=all&plckCurrentPage=0

Great catch - I suspect OC may have been in a different (and very angry) character when he responded to this and didn't realize he was still logged in as OC. I would really love to know though.
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:28 pm

bosa90 {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:One question that needs answered:

Great catch - I suspect OC may have been in a different (and very angry) character when he responded to this and didn't realize he was still logged in as OC. I would really love to know though.

I am guessing he posed a question about what kind of wine to recommend when eating babies.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

wow, where did that come from?

Probably due to the fact that you're a goddamned liar. You were not banned as "eagledom" on scout.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:50 pm

I like OC for one reason, mainly. That reason is OC's comments probably annoy the people who annoy us the most.

Think about it, if you are Heather Dimbitch, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Andre Ware, or even we-are-what-we-are-TOB, it would be very easy to dismiss and shun profane, immature, comments from BC fans. You would simply see the poster as some child, and that would be it. But not OC. No, OC's comments are clean, well thought out, organized, well researched, and hurtful to the people whose entire livelihood is based on their expert, professional, reputation. They are hurtful because the HDs, the Herbstreits, and the Bladshaums of the world know that the uninformed reader might read what OC has to say and then they might start to think. OC is educating those who are (falsely) led to believe that those three jamokes on ESPN Gameday or a Sportswriter at the Boston Globe knows what they are talking about.

I see visions of Heather reading OC's comments at the Globe and her face turning purple with fury as the bluge in that magnficent neck of hers (a neck that would give any vampire a blood thristy hard on) gets fatter and fatter antil it busts spraying her innards all over the place. The thought of these people getting pissed at OC, gives me a warm fuzzy.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:58 pm

yes, yes i do.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:13 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I like OC for one reason, mainly. That reason is OC's comments probably annoy the people who annoy us the most.

Think about it, if you are Heather Dimbitch, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Andre Ware, or even we-are-what-we-are-TOB, it would be very easy to dismiss and shun profane, immature, comments from BC fans. You would simply see the poster as some child, and that would be it. But not OC. No, OC's comments are clean, well thought out, organized, well researched, and hurtful to the people whose entire livelihood is based on their expert, professional, reputation. They are hurtful because the HDs, the Herbstreits, and the Bladshaums of the world know that the uninformed reader might read what OC has to say and then they might start to think. OC is educating those who are (falsely) led to believe that those three jamokes on ESPN Gameday or a Sportswriter at the Boston Globe knows what they are talking about.

I see visions of Heather reading OC's comments at the Globe and her face turning purple with fury as the bluge in that magnficent neck of hers (a neck that would give any vampire a blood thristy hard on) gets fatter and fatter antil it busts spraying her innards all over the place. The thought of these people getting pissed at OC, gives me a warm fuzzy.

:seanwilliams :seanwilliams :seanwilliams :seanwilliams :seanwilliams
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Innocent Retardo has been a much better poster in this incarnation. The RV must be in the shop.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium