EagleOutsider Wiki

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Here we go..The new EagleOutsider Wiki site (CLICK ME!)

Postby AdamBC on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:13 pm

OK, I went and put links on the front page to the Football, Basketball and Hockey articles. Anyone want to work on the content there?
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm working on the 2011 recruiting thread, but it's a monster project and will take a while. I'm hoping by the end of this weekend I'll be done with it. Question- can you see the logo's of the other schools on the page (i.e. the Pitt.gif, Rutgers.gif, and Cincy.gif for Gary Nova) I've been told there is no image, but it could have just been the browser the person was looking at it with.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:24 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I'm working on the 2011 recruiting thread, but it's a monster project and will take a while. I'm hoping by the end of this weekend I'll be done with it. Question- can you see the logo's of the other schools on the page (i.e. the Pitt.gif, Rutgers.gif, and Cincy.gif for Gary Nova) I've been told there is no image, but it could have just been the browser the person was looking at it with.

I can see the logos on here.

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index.php?title=2011_Boston_College_Football_Recruiting
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:51 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I'm working on the 2011 recruiting thread, but it's a monster project and will take a while. I'm hoping by the end of this weekend I'll be done with it. Question- can you see the logo's of the other schools on the page (i.e. the Pitt.gif, Rutgers.gif, and Cincy.gif for Gary Nova) I've been told there is no image, but it could have just been the browser the person was looking at it with.

I can see the logos on here.

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index.php?title=2011_Boston_College_Football_Recruiting

Excellent. It must have just been the person's browser.

Note to anybody uploading logo's: I have found the SI versions to be the best. To get them, search the school and SI (ex. Wake Forest SI) on google, hit show options, limit the size to "Icon", and it should be one of the first on it. They are the best because (1) they are all the same size so they don't screw up pages, (2) they are very clear and good logos, and (3) they are all the same format (gif) which is very wiki friendly.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey :shock , another two questions re: http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index ... Recruiting

1. I'm working on the 2011 recruits and sorting by position. Is there any way we can get the template to end for each position w/o stating the sources. I can't separate boxes without adding that, but it would be good if I didn't have to add the notes at the end of each section.

2. It may have just slipped my mind how to but is there any way we can add an infobox at the top so that a person can just click on a position and have it go straight to that portion of the page (like Herzlich's page). It could be really easy to do so I just can't recall how.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Please have one of the interns do the 1981Eagle page complete with the definitions of the 81 LOC, 81 TOC, 81 Manifesto, Big-gums, Cabals etc. These definitions are available in the Board history and in the tacked threads on the same titles. I expect that in my Inbox by Friday morning for review or just beam me a 25 yo. That's a girl. If I was Wang then you could send a boy with a shaved body. He likes them smooth.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:36 pm

I actually give domer credit for the 2007 ACCCG wiki page. That's some funny shit. Especially the footnote.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I actually give domer credit for the 2007 ACCCG wiki page. That's some funny shit. Especially the footnote.

for someone that doesnt care about BC football, he sure when to some lengths to prove it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby totheights on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:56 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:OK, I went and put links on the front page to the Football, Basketball and Hockey articles. Anyone want to work on the content there?

I'll work on getting the templates and the info boxes up for Football and Basketball. I'll also get the rosters and schedules up for all 3 sports. After I finish those, hopefully I will get some content in the form of words in there.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 pm

For all you guys doing this hard work, I thank you. I think you should al be awarded shares in EagleOutsider LLC. I'm sure some lawyer can draw up the LLC paperwork.

I nominate the follwong officers:

Chairman of the Board: Big Pete
Chairman of the Executive Committee of the BOD: 74
CEO: Campion
President: TRE
COO:b0mber
CTO: Shocker
CMO:AC
CFO: 81

Board of Directors:

Lead Outside Director: Mez

Audit Committee: Teddy, Talon, CAG

Compensation Committee: BigNick, p6p, BCMurt

Ethics Committee: We have no ethics.

Devil's Advocates: BUC, TY, OJ, HJS, Lou, Eagledom

Denerdification Committee: IB,Claver, Adam
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:54 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:OK, I went and put links on the front page to the Football, Basketball and Hockey articles. Anyone want to work on the content there?

I'll work on getting the templates and the info boxes up for Football and Basketball. I'll also get the rosters and schedules up for all 3 sports. After I finish those, hopefully I will get some content in the form of words in there.

Writing a preview article for this weekend's hockey games as we speak.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Done, sent it to :shock to put up on the wiki
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:57 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Hey :shock , another two questions re: http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index ... Recruiting

1. I'm working on the 2011 recruits and sorting by position. Is there any way we can get the template to end for each position w/o stating the sources. I can't separate boxes without adding that, but it would be good if I didn't have to add the notes at the end of each section.

2. It may have just slipped my mind how to but is there any way we can add an infobox at the top so that a person can just click on a position and have it go straight to that portion of the page (like Herzlich's page). It could be really easy to do so I just can't recall how.

Disregard #2. Either you fixed it or the site automatically added the infobox once I hit more than 3 positions

#1 I still can't figure out.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Done, sent it to :shock to put up on the wiki

I quickly threw this together.

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index ... nd_2/12/10

I hard coded a fix into the box score...The conditional logic (if OT entries are added...then an extra OT column is added) is all screwed up on our server compared to wikipedia.

Claver register and you can edit as you see fit?

Thanks for the write up.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:06 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Hey :shock , another two questions re: http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index ... Recruiting

Disregard #2. Either you fixed it or the site automatically added the infobox once I hit more than 3 positions

#1 I still can't figure out.

I will try and look into this during the coming days (at the latest...the holiday on monday). I have been swamped at work the last few weeks.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Done, sent it to :shock to put up on the wiki

I quickly threw this together.

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index ... nd_2/12/10

I hard coded a fix into the box score...The conditional logic (if OT entries are added...then an extra OT column is added) is all screwed up on our server compared to wikipedia.

Claver register and you can edit as you see fit?

Thanks for the write up.

Sorry for the delay my computer crashed last night and everything I had was lost. I can see it and will edit it after the games this weekend. Thanks for the help.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:50 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:bostondomer has chosen to flame the wiki. A surefire reminder that we are not a rival.

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index.php?title=Superfans&oldid=523

and

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index.php?title=2007_ACC_Championship_Game&oldid=526

and

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index.php?title=BU_Invitational&oldid=528

Definitely not a rival.

Spamming a wiki site for the independent sports board of a team he claims is irrelevent? I'm starting to think that Boston Domer is just really misunderstood and this is his way of acting out. I think he needs serious, immediate intervention and gentlemen, we're the ones to do it!

The first thing is to post up a gigantic photo of a vagina so he doesn't get confused on his wedding night and try to stick it in her bellybutton or something.

Edit :: Then we resize it down to the size of a baseball card and also donate a miner's headlamp. This will make in-the-field matching and identification much easier for him. And smoother. Smoother is something he could afford to be, I think.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Boston Domer on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:32 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:bostondomer has chosen to flame the wiki. A surefire reminder that we are not a rival.

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index.php?title=Superfans&oldid=523

and

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index.php?title=2007_ACC_Championship_Game&oldid=526

and

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index.php?title=BU_Invitational&oldid=528

Definitely not a rival.

Spamming a wiki site for the independent sports board of a team he claims is irrelevent? I'm starting to think that Boston Domer is just really misunderstood and this is his way of acting out. I think he needs serious, immediate intervention and gentlemen, we're the ones to do it!

The first thing is to post up a gigantic photo of a vagina so he doesn't get confused on his wedding night and try to stick it in her bellybutton or something.

Edit :: Then we resize it down to the size of a baseball card and also donate a miner's headlamp. This will make in-the-field matching and identification much easier for him. And smoother. Smoother is something he could afford to be, I think.

Don't put words in my mouth. Take a look at my posts.
Boston Domer
Carney Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Boston Domer {l Wrote}:Don't put words in my mouth. Take a look at my posts.

Why, why, why would I do this? Time is a precious commodity that has no silo or storage, why would I waste it reading your posts when, based on the few I've casually encountered in the course of reading other threads, I can glean everything I need to know about what you have to say here in these forums?

This would be like a dung beetle telling me that if I really want to appreciate the might and majesty of sculpted turds, I shouldn't look only at this most recent dungball it's rolled, but should examine every turd-sphere it's ever manufactured. I don't need to - I can observe in one brief glance that you and all the dung beetles are rolling around little globes made out of poop, and that's pretty much the end of it.

Go tell it to Chris Khorey, who I am certain aspires to be an Entomolgist for your particular species and would love to turn his smarmy attention towards every little turdball you've rolled down the Notre Dame fiber connection. Until you find something better to do with the precious time you've been allotted than make unfunny edits to a rival team's all-volunteer wiki, I shall think of you as a Kafka-esque human-sized Metamorphosis dung beetle. That rolls slightly bigger balls than the norm. Well done!
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby ChrisKhorey on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:14 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
Boston Domer {l Wrote}:Don't put words in my mouth. Take a look at my posts.

Why, why, why would I do this? Time is a precious commodity that has no silo or storage, why would I waste it reading your posts when, based on the few I've casually encountered in the course of reading other threads, I can glean everything I need to know about what you have to say here in these forums?

This would be like a dung beetle telling me that if I really want to appreciate the might and majesty of sculpted turds, I shouldn't look only at this most recent dungball it's rolled, but should examine every turd-sphere it's ever manufactured. I don't need to - I can observe in one brief glance that you and all the dung beetles are rolling around little globes made out of poop, and that's pretty much the end of it.

Go tell it to Chris Khorey, who I am certain aspires to be an Entomolgist for your particular species and would love to turn his smarmy attention towards every little turdball you've rolled down the Notre Dame fiber connection. Until you find something better to do with the precious time you've been allotted than make unfunny edits to a rival team's all-volunteer wiki, I shall think of you as a Kafka-esque human-sized Metamorphosis dung beetle. That rolls slightly bigger balls than the norm. Well done!

Domer, Tonto is on to something here. Send me a PM. I have some dung-shaping activities (mostly flattening) I think you might be interested in.
ChrisKhorey
n00b

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium