boston college life pre-nerdification vs. post nerdification

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:48 pm

You can take the Eagle out of MA's, but you can't take the MA's out of the Eagle. Or something like that.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
User avatar
bignick33
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12825
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Karma: 909

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Did they ever go through with the "let's not sell soda" at the Rat idea too? Because we wouldn't want to sell college kids coke or sprite -- those things are bad for you!

The sad thing about the nerdification at BC is that we still haven't moved up the US News Rankings.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3359
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 567

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:51 pm

ATLeagle wrote:The sad thing about the nerdification at BC is that we still haven't moved up the US News Rankings.



probably because the not particularly impressive faculty(anecdotal, I had many garbage profs, no numbers to back this up) has not nerded up along with the student body.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14264
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 1724

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:02 pm

eagle9903 wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:The sad thing about the nerdification at BC is that we still haven't moved up the US News Rankings.



probably because the not particularly impressive faculty(anecdotal, I had many garbage profs, no numbers to back this up) has not nerded up along with the student body.


Exalt. I had some good ones but there are plenty of mediocre profs running around BC.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3359
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 567

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby ZBC2001 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:04 pm

ATLeagle wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:The sad thing about the nerdification at BC is that we still haven't moved up the US News Rankings.



probably because the not particularly impressive faculty(anecdotal, I had many garbage profs, no numbers to back this up) has not nerded up along with the student body.


Exalt. I had some good ones but there are plenty of mediocre profs running around BC.


There are plenty of TA's teaching classes as well. But the lack of truly inspiring profs is disappointing.
User avatar
ZBC2001
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:43 am
Karma: 25

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:05 pm

b0mberMan wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:to any of the pre-nerdification graduates, did people used to show up to MAs before happy hour on Friday when you were there? it used to bother me that this was never the case when I attended. I'd go in at 1ish(p.m) on Friday and it would be about 6 MBTA employees and they'd the volume on the tv on, I always thought it a poor reflection on the student population that there was never anyone there before 2.


I spent many days in MA's drinking and watching Law and Order with Steve the manager who would laugh at the most inappropriate parts of the episodes, and I fall in post nerdification territory according to TRE (class of 04).

My senior year, Roggie's became the happy hour hotspot. We'd go there at noon sometimes or sometimes we would hole up in MA's and play cards if we were less concerned with seeing people and more about drinking in a windowless hole.



personally, i always liked drinking in a windowless hole, still do. but not MAs you can never go back.


I have on occassion (football game and stuff like that). They've raised prices and got a new jukebox (which happened my junior year but I'm STILL pissed about that)


first, you tell me kids don't go to MAs before 2pm on a friday to get the good seats, watch the movie, and get sloppy in the afternoon. disgustiad.

second, you tell me they no longer serve wings (wing-it?) there for free? disgraciad.

third, you tell me they've replaced the jukebox? that thing better be loaded with plenty of gun & roses, hair bands, and bon jovi or i am driving up to chestnut hill right now and knocking something of these nerdified students around to teach them a lesson.

:74
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14439
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 298

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:08 pm

hansen wrote:third, you tell me they've replaced the jukebox? that thing better be loaded with plenty of gun & roses, hair bands, and bon jovi or i am driving up to chestnut hill right now and knocking something of these nerdified students around to teach them a lesson.

:74


It's one of those automated ones that you can use to download songs, but there's no guarantee. Monster Ballads and Appetite for Destruction, among other classic hair band albums on the old one, were a huuuuge loss in my opinion. And the always underrated "High Fidelity" soundtrack, featuring the Beta Band on track 1.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2672

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby apbc12 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:11 pm

b0mberMan wrote:
hansen wrote:third, you tell me they've replaced the jukebox? that thing better be loaded with plenty of gun & roses, hair bands, and bon jovi or i am driving up to chestnut hill right now and knocking something of these nerdified students around to teach them a lesson.

:74


It's one of those automated ones that you can use to download songs, but there's no guarantee. Monster Ballads and Appetite for Destruction, among other classic hair band albums on the old one, were a huuuuge loss in my opinion. And the always underrated "High Fidelity" soundtrack, featuring the Beta Band on track 1.


Thank God they still had Mr. Big's "To Be With You" so the bartenders could skip it within four seconds. Long live the old jukebox.
User avatar
apbc12
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm
Karma: 2032

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Speaking of nerdification, even those of us who graduated in the 90s can't hold a candle to the old timers. My dad went to St. Bonaventure in the 60s. Back in the day many of the north east Catholic schools (Fordham, GTown, PC, BC, Fairfield, Nova) went to Bermuda for holy week/spring break. His first year going the BC guys we kicked off the island for their behavior (drunkenness, purposely riding scooters into the water, etc). The country even banned BC from returning the following year.

Respek
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3359
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 567

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby apbc12 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:14 pm

ATLeagle wrote:Speaking of nerdification, even those of us who graduated in the 90s can't hold a candle to the old timers. My dad went to St. Bonaventure in the 60s. Back in the day many of the north east Catholic schools (Fordham, GTown, PC, BC, Fairfield, Nova) went to Bermuda for holy week/spring break. His first year going the BC guys we kicked off the island for their behavior (drunkenness, purposely riding scooters into the water, etc). The country even banned BC from returning the following year.

Respek


Now that's solid misbehavior. The local Moonbats have no idea how good they have it.
User avatar
apbc12
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm
Karma: 2032

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:16 pm

apbc12 wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:
hansen wrote:third, you tell me they've replaced the jukebox? that thing better be loaded with plenty of gun & roses, hair bands, and bon jovi or i am driving up to chestnut hill right now and knocking something of these nerdified students around to teach them a lesson.

:74


It's one of those automated ones that you can use to download songs, but there's no guarantee. Monster Ballads and Appetite for Destruction, among other classic hair band albums on the old one, were a huuuuge loss in my opinion. And the always underrated "High Fidelity" soundtrack, featuring the Beta Band on track 1.


Thank God they still had Mr. Big's "To Be With You" so the bartenders could skip it within four seconds. Long live the old jukebox.


haha, i had forgotten about that...

the bartender's ability to skip songs and people insistence to keep trying is part of what makes MAs legendary.

old jukebox forever, new jukebox never
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14439
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 298

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:18 pm

When the weather's nice Roggies is the go to place for Happy Hour. Open air is just awesome. Wasn't around in the summer so I didn't get to experience the new Cityside. I had class at like 1 or 2 on Fridays (woooo Taxes) last semester so I didn't go to Happy Hour too often. Living in the Mods has left me broke so I usually just drink at my place (Keystone Ice...it's so much more economical) and then go out and further whet the whistle. MAs does have trivia now but nobody goes. Does get pretty busy after Roggies trivia gets out though. I think the whole nerdification thing, while true from the 70s and 80s, is overstated in a "I walked 8 mile uphill to and from class" kind of way. It's always better back in your day.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5185
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 627

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby apbc12 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:33 pm

flyingelvii wrote:I think the whole nerdification thing, while true from the 70s and 80s, is overstated in a "I walked 8 mile uphill to and from class" kind of way. It's always better back in your day.


It's also always better before hordes of nerds descend on the campus and ruin a decent party school.
User avatar
apbc12
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm
Karma: 2032

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:35 pm

apbc12 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:I think the whole nerdification thing, while true from the 70s and 80s, is overstated in a "I walked 8 mile uphill to and from class" kind of way. It's always better back in your day.


It's also always better before hordes of nerds descend on the campus and ruin a decent party school.


:chewbanka
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2672

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:36 pm

apbc12 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:I think the whole nerdification thing, while true from the 70s and 80s, is overstated in a "I walked 8 mile uphill to and from class" kind of way. It's always better back in your day.


It's also always better before hordes of nerds descend on the campus and ruin a decent party school.


:whammy
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14439
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 298

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:37 pm

apbc12 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:I think the whole nerdification thing, while true from the 70s and 80s, is overstated in a "I walked 8 mile uphill to and from class" kind of way. It's always better back in your day.


It's also always better before hordes of nerds descend on the campus and ruin a decent party school.

Maybe it's just me but there's never a shortage of parties/goer-outers pretty much every day of the week. Tuesday is MAs, Wednesday is trivia, Thursday is MAs, WonderBar, or J-Tree, Friday and Saturday are whatever, Sunday is usually a day of rest, and Monday is a 50/50. Still plenty of debauchery going on.

Edit: And that was a good joke. I chuckled.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5185
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 627

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:44 pm

apbc12 wrote:You could always tell the people who knew how things worked by their choice of seating. Gotta sit near where the wings will be.


Sure, if your first priority is wings Fatty McNugget.

During my time, wings came in around 4th behind getting wasted, setting the table for the weekend's OTPHJ from a prissy popped-collar who had no idea what she was doing, and destroying people in the loudest pop-a-shot of all time. Only 1 of those 3 objectives can be attained sitting up front waiting for the wings. Choose your battles ;)
User avatar
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11581
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: A Chalupa Stand
Karma: 2631

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:45 pm

pick6pedro wrote:
apbc12 wrote:You could always tell the people who knew how things worked by their choice of seating. Gotta sit near where the wings will be.


Sure, if your first priority is wings Fatty McNugget.

During my time, wings came in around 4th behind getting wasted, setting the table for the weekend's OTPHJ from a prissy popped-collar who had no idea what she was doing, and destroying people in the loudest pop-a-shot of all time. Only 1 of those 3 objectives can be attained sitting up front waiting for the wings. Choose your battles ;)


This reminds me, they replaced the pop-a-shot machine with a newer one, too.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2672

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby apbc12 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:50 pm

pick6pedro wrote:
apbc12 wrote:You could always tell the people who knew how things worked by their choice of seating. Gotta sit near where the wings will be.


Sure, if your first priority is wings Fatty McNugget.

During my time, wings came in around 4th behind getting wasted, setting the table for the weekend's OTPHJ from a prissy popped-collar who had no idea what she was doing, and destroying people in the loudest pop-a-shot of all time. Only 1 of those 3 objectives can be attained sitting up front waiting for the wings. Choose your battles ;)


No shit. I didn't say get a seat and sit in it until the wings came. You just claim your space early, then roam around getting wasted, hitting on women and playing pop-a-shot. But when it's close to wing time, you've got the prime real estate.
User avatar
apbc12
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm
Karma: 2032

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:19 pm

flyingelvii wrote: Thursday is MAs, WonderBar, or J-Tree


disgustiad
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14941
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2909

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby BCdee on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:wings at mary anns? wtf is wrong with you nerds. in my day, if you wanted to eat at mary anns you got a bag of 17 year old hot fries out of the vending machine... and you liked it!!!!

i remember riding the bus to maryanns with my fellow students/bartender and helping them get the cash register, pop-a-shot, and juke box warmed up on friday afternoons... ahhhhh good times

i've since been back and you can never go home again. since douggie hurley left the place hasn't been the same


Yeah, when did they serve wings??? Does that mean MA's had a kitchen?! Scary!!!
If I wanted a snack, I hit the vending machine, too....or we would get pizza from Pino's.
BC!
User avatar
BCdee
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3997
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Location: SC
Karma: 990

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:30 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
flyingelvii wrote: Thursday is MAs, WonderBar, or J-Tree


disgustiad

JTree always has a line and is more expensive. And Wonder Bar is also teeming with coeds. Not ideal but if you're down there it certainly doesn't suck.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5185
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 627

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby BCdee on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
BCdee wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:wings at mary anns? wtf is wrong with you nerds. in my day, if you wanted to eat at mary anns you got a bag of 17 year old hot fries out of the vending machine... and you liked it!!!!

i remember riding the bus to maryanns with my fellow students/bartender and helping them get the cash register, pop-a-shot, and juke box warmed up on friday afternoons... ahhhhh good times

i've since been back and you can never go home again. since douggie hurley left the place hasn't been the same


Yeah, when did they serve wings??? Does that mean MA's had a kitchen?! Scary!!!
If I wanted a snack, I hit the vending machine, too....or we would get pizza from Pino's.


it sounds as if they ordered delivery from wing-it. i can assure you that mary ann's had no kitchen. the basement was full of kegs and homeless people (that earned their bar bill by mopping up after closing time).

dee - i think you told me this but i forgot... what year did you finish up at the heights?


Ooh, that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up, TRE! I graduated in '97. I guess a lot has changed since then.
BC!
User avatar
BCdee
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3997
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Location: SC
Karma: 990

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:35 pm

flyingelvii wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
flyingelvii wrote: Thursday is MAs, WonderBar, or J-Tree


disgustiad

JTree always has a line and is more expensive. And Wonder Bar is also teeming with coeds. Not ideal but if you're down there it certainly doesn't suck.


The only time I went to Wonder Bar was my first year out of college during a massive blizzard. It was the closest place to my buddy's place where we were snowed in, so we hiked over. There were about 25 people there and we had a blast and got shitfaced with the bartender and persuaded her back to party more with us. I will never go back for fear of ruining this memory.

JTree was Tonic when I was there. I've been to the Tree, but have always liked the one in Davis better for whatever reasons.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2672

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:39 pm

b0mberMan wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
flyingelvii wrote: Thursday is MAs, WonderBar, or J-Tree


disgustiad

JTree always has a line and is more expensive. And Wonder Bar is also teeming with coeds. Not ideal but if you're down there it certainly doesn't suck.


The only time I went to Wonder Bar was my first year out of college during a massive blizzard. It was the closest place to my buddy's place where we were snowed in, so we hiked over. There were about 25 people there and we had a blast and got shitfaced with the bartender and persuaded her back to party more with us. I will never go back for fear of ruining this memory.

JTree was Tonic when I was there. I've been to the Tree, but have always liked the one in Davis better for whatever reasons.

Wonder Bar is bullshit. Fuck that BU euro shit. Local 186 Foreva. Wonderbar neva.
User avatar
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 am
Location: RUGBYLUVR69
Karma: 2350

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Reverend Mike wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
flyingelvii wrote: Thursday is MAs, WonderBar, or J-Tree


disgustiad

JTree always has a line and is more expensive. And Wonder Bar is also teeming with coeds. Not ideal but if you're down there it certainly doesn't suck.


The only time I went to Wonder Bar was my first year out of college during a massive blizzard. It was the closest place to my buddy's place where we were snowed in, so we hiked over. There were about 25 people there and we had a blast and got shitfaced with the bartender and persuaded her back to party more with us. I will never go back for fear of ruining this memory.

JTree was Tonic when I was there. I've been to the Tree, but have always liked the one in Davis better for whatever reasons.

Wonder Bar is bullshit. Fuck that BU euro shit. Local 186 Foreva. Wonderbar neva.


It had a lot less to do with the location and more to do with the extenuating circumstances. If you venture out to drink when it's snowing several inches an hour, you either have a massive problem or are determined to go have a good time.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2672

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:47 pm

hogans run was scary.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14264
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 1724

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:48 pm

b0mberMan wrote:
Reverend Mike wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
flyingelvii wrote: Thursday is MAs, WonderBar, or J-Tree


disgustiad

JTree always has a line and is more expensive. And Wonder Bar is also teeming with coeds. Not ideal but if you're down there it certainly doesn't suck.


The only time I went to Wonder Bar was my first year out of college during a massive blizzard. It was the closest place to my buddy's place where we were snowed in, so we hiked over. There were about 25 people there and we had a blast and got shitfaced with the bartender and persuaded her back to party more with us. I will never go back for fear of ruining this memory.

JTree was Tonic when I was there. I've been to the Tree, but have always liked the one in Davis better for whatever reasons.

Wonder Bar is bullshit. Fuck that BU euro shit. Local 186 Foreva. Wonderbar neva.


It had a lot less to do with the location and more to do with the extenuating circumstances. If you venture out to drink when it's snowing several inches an hour, you either have a massive problem or are determined to go have a good time.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm going to start calling you "Crown Prince Sheikh b0mber bin Man."
User avatar
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 am
Location: RUGBYLUVR69
Karma: 2350

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:50 pm

Reverend Mike wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:
Reverend Mike wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
flyingelvii wrote: Thursday is MAs, WonderBar, or J-Tree


disgustiad

JTree always has a line and is more expensive. And Wonder Bar is also teeming with coeds. Not ideal but if you're down there it certainly doesn't suck.


The only time I went to Wonder Bar was my first year out of college during a massive blizzard. It was the closest place to my buddy's place where we were snowed in, so we hiked over. There were about 25 people there and we had a blast and got shitfaced with the bartender and persuaded her back to party more with us. I will never go back for fear of ruining this memory.

JTree was Tonic when I was there. I've been to the Tree, but have always liked the one in Davis better for whatever reasons.

Wonder Bar is bullshit. Fuck that BU euro shit. Local 186 Foreva. Wonderbar neva.


It had a lot less to do with the location and more to do with the extenuating circumstances. If you venture out to drink when it's snowing several inches an hour, you either have a massive problem or are determined to go have a good time.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm going to start calling you "Crown Prince Sheikh b0mber bin Man."


I'll run you over with my silver Audi if you keep insulting me. You'll know it's me by the bad Eastern-European produced techno music blasting from the speakers.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2672

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:52 pm

b0mberMan wrote:
Reverend Mike wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:
Reverend Mike wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
flyingelvii wrote: Thursday is MAs, WonderBar, or J-Tree


disgustiad

JTree always has a line and is more expensive. And Wonder Bar is also teeming with coeds. Not ideal but if you're down there it certainly doesn't suck.


The only time I went to Wonder Bar was my first year out of college during a massive blizzard. It was the closest place to my buddy's place where we were snowed in, so we hiked over. There were about 25 people there and we had a blast and got shitfaced with the bartender and persuaded her back to party more with us. I will never go back for fear of ruining this memory.

JTree was Tonic when I was there. I've been to the Tree, but have always liked the one in Davis better for whatever reasons.

Wonder Bar is bullshit. Fuck that BU euro shit. Local 186 Foreva. Wonderbar neva.


It had a lot less to do with the location and more to do with the extenuating circumstances. If you venture out to drink when it's snowing several inches an hour, you either have a massive problem or are determined to go have a good time.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm going to start calling you "Crown Prince Sheikh b0mber bin Man."


I'll run you over with my silver Audi if you keep insulting me. You'll know it's me by the bad Eastern-European produced techno music blasting from the speakers.

It's mostly BC people now. Antuanua or however the hell you spell it and places closer to Fenway are rife with BU people on Thursdays.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5185
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 627

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Untitled document