boston college life pre-nerdification vs. post nerdification

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: boston college life pre-nerdification vs. post nerdification

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:48 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:just a general feel that they shouldn't be any more tempted to be more hooliganistic then they already were.

This quote personifies the nerdification of our student body. That and the incessant complaining of our current classes of nerds.

I think the current class of nerds feels they are being called nerds, which they feel badly about, then complain, thus proving that they are in fact nerds.

I also hated my logic professor.

The only thing I mildly complained about was the shitshow that was the housing lottery last year. And the whole "I used to walk 8 miles up hill to and from class" complex that is rearing its head now. I've had enough. Drink off at high-noon tomorrow.

No doubt in my mind that I could outdrink 98.6% of current BC students right now. In the coal mines, you either go clean or you get more alcohol tolerance.

This is what a drink-off between pick6 and elvii would look like:

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:48 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:just a general feel that they shouldn't be any more tempted to be more hooliganistic then they already were.

This quote personifies the nerdification of our student body. That and the incessant complaining of our current classes of nerds.

I think the current class of nerds feels they are being called nerds, which they feel badly about, then complain, thus proving that they are in fact nerds.

The only thing I mildly complained about was the shitshow that was the housing lottery last year. And the whole "I used to walk 8 miles up hill to and from class" complex that is rearing its head now. I've had enough. Drink off at high-noon tomorrow.

No doubt in my mind that I could outdrink 98.6% of current BC students right now. In the coal mines, you either go clean or you get more alcohol tolerance.

are you in a coal mine? that's terrible, it might fall on you.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:51 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

are you in a coal mine? that's terrible, it might fall on you.

I'm more worried about the black lung, pop...keah keah.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:52 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I haven't busted out my beater in years...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the '07 nerds calling the '10 - '12 nerds is hilarious to me. the only thing funnier is the 04 nerds thinking they are somehow better (when its been proven time and again that the nerdification began with their arrival to campus)

its like the special olympians getting together to discuss who's the most retarded.

* i respect you all and your nerdom, though i am glad i am not there to experience it

The class of 04 still went to fucking Mary Ann's though, and that place was still packed on weeknights.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:07 pm

completely without numbers to back this up, but the story was that my frosh year 99 the average SAT was around 1250, by my senior year the incoming frosh scores were just under 1400
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:09 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Damn. I got nothing considering I was beat in claiming the beater guy.

Random side note - The BC Whalepants are available in the Campanella book store for 25% off now.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the '07 nerds calling the '10 - '12 nerds is hilarious to me. the only thing funnier is the 04 nerds thinking they are somehow better (when its been proven time and again that the nerdification began with their arrival to campus)

its like the special olympians getting together to discuss who's the most retarded.

* i respect you all and your nerdom, though i am glad i am not there to experience it

The class of 04 still went to fucking Mary Ann's though, and that place was still packed on weeknights.

yeah - with a bunch of you nerds sitting around playing dungeons and dragons...

this picture was taken at mary anns by douggie hurley on a wednesday night in december 2003

Thats not MAs that was at northeastern you moron.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
EDIT: the story that I heard from housing people was that they knocked down a brick wall to connect a common room to the front entrance part. I don't think that was in the Mods though. I think the cops just didn't want them in the Mods because of the ridiculous parties they'd throw. A lot of them lived in Edmonds in 2000/2001, and there was a rumor that once a year, they would throw a huge party that would take up an entire floor on Edmonds, it would spill out into the hallways, and the cops agreed to ignore it.

In the spring of '07, we negotiated with the two 3rd year law student RAs to be on duty one weekend night and allow us to have a block party on the C side of Rubenstein. We didn't have an RAs/RDs living on the 6th floor and ended up having several hundred people spilling into the elevator area/D side/stairwell.

Needless to say, they became quite concerned when at midnight/1 am we still had literally hundreds of people in the hallways shotgunning beers every 30 min.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:13 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:completely without numbers to back this up, but the story was that my frosh year 99 the average SAT was around 1250, by my senior year the incoming frosh scores were just under 1400

According to the FAQs on the website the average SAT score without writing was about 1380.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:13 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
EDIT: the story that I heard from housing people was that they knocked down a brick wall to connect a common room to the front entrance part. I don't think that was in the Mods though. I think the cops just didn't want them in the Mods because of the ridiculous parties they'd throw. A lot of them lived in Edmonds in 2000/2001, and there was a rumor that once a year, they would throw a huge party that would take up an entire floor on Edmonds, it would spill out into the hallways, and the cops agreed to ignore it.

In the spring of '07, we negotiated with the two 3rd year law student RAs to be on duty one weekend night and allow us to have a block party on the C side of Rubenstein. We didn't have an RAs/RDs living on the 6th floor and ended up having several hundred people spilling into the elevator area/D side/stairwell.

Needless to say, they became quite concerned when at midnight/1 am we still had literally hundreds of people in the hallways shotgunning beers every 30 min.

Last edited by bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:13 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:completely without numbers to back this up, but the story was that my frosh year 99 the average SAT was around 1250, by my senior year the incoming frosh scores were just under 1400

According to the FAQs on the website the average SAT score without writing was about 1380.

for this year?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:14 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

for this year?

For admitted Freshman, so the class of 2013.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:16 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

for this year?

For admitted Freshman, so the class of 2013.

Ok so from class of 03 to class of 13 there was a 130 pt jump in SAT scores. That's pretty significant.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:16 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Random side note - The BC Whalepants are available in the Campanella book store for 25% off now.

what's the price now? i need a new pair...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:16 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

for this year?

i don't know why you nerds keep going off on these sorts of tangents. its only going to bring you more wrath :ganesh

Does it help that I looked those numbers up while drinking a Key Ice?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:17 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

for this year?

i don't know why you nerds keep going off on these sorts of tangents. its only going to bring you more wrath :ganesh

you are not ganesh, ganesh is graceful. also ganesh does not share girls with misplaced genitals.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ryrob on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:17 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

for this year?

This year the middle 50% scored 1960-2230 on the 3-part SAT, an average of 653-743 per section. So around 1306-1486 on the old scale. Wow, we are fucking nerds.

EDIT: My numbers were for admitted students, 1250-1430 for enrolled students, so not quite as bad.
Last edited by ryrob on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:17 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

for this year?

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:19 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

No idea. Just saw it in passing today. But they did have them in both khaki and black.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:20 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

for this year?

I am a pretty big deal. I am currently reading one of my many leather bound books.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:23 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

No idea. Just saw it in passing today. But they did have them in both khaki and black.

I think the black cords whalepants are on clearance sale at McElroy at a deeper discount than 25%.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

yeah - with a bunch of you nerds sitting around playing dungeons and dragons...

this picture was taken at mary anns by douggie hurley on a wednesday night in december 2003

Good thing I had already graduated...I would have pinched a loaf on several of those game pieces. And that's assuming it was a loaf and not a spray kinda day.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:35 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

I think the black cords whalepants are on clearance sale at McElroy at a deeper discount than 25%.

Pennington & Bailes whalepants forever, everything else never.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby rceagles14 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:34 pm

To all those concerned with the nerdification,

My goal in the next 4 years is to reverse the nerdification as much as possible. I will do my absolute best to make BC into a haven for drinking, partying, and general illegal merriment. I give you my word.

P.S. Does it help that instead of studying for some of my midterms I have been looking at the girls in the incoming freshman BC group on facebook. :skank

BRB, gotta go back 2 bapst.
rceagles14
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Looking at those SAT numbers, you guys are wicked smart.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby rceagles14 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Looking at those SAT numbers, you guys are wicked smart.

When you take them three times, it becomes very easy. However, the SAT score helped me a bit, seeing as my GPA was slightly below the average.
rceagles14
n00b

Postby ryrob on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:54 pm

rceagles14 {l Wrote}:
My goal in the next 4 years is to reverse the nerdification as much as possible. I will do my absolute best to make BC into a haven for drinking, partying, and general illegal merriment. I give you my word.

So in other words, you're going to turn BC into a college? Keep up the good "work".

Let's be real here, BC still drinks/has as much fun as any other school that isn't a 40k state behemoth.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:55 pm

rceagles14 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Looking at those SAT numbers, you guys are wicked smart.

When you take them three times, it becomes very easy. However, the SAT score helped me a bit, seeing as my GPA was slightly below the average.

Therein lies the difference between now and 20 years ago. I took the SATs hungover, once. No fucking way I ever would have taken them a second time.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:21 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Any truth to the rumor that football player were prohibited from living in a mod after they bashed the downstairs wall down between two adjacent mods to make it a super-mod?

Also, the guys in the mod next to mine inexplicably had a dog.

It was Romanowski and he was just going to the other Mod to get to the keg, no grand unification plans were involved.

Spotless record for the mods is just an excuse for those who didn't get one. I was quite close to being kicked out of BC (and subsequently the ACC) as a sophomore and lived in the mods.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium