boston college life pre-nerdification vs. post nerdification

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: boston college life pre-nerdification vs. post nerdification

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:50 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:Was anyone there before they banned fraternities? The rumor I always heard was that they banned greeks after a frat and a sorority tricked a twin brother/sister into having sex with each other. Anyone else hear that rumor? Any truth to it?

I could be wrong here, but I don't think BC ever had a Greek system. Your story sounds like an urban legend.

Supposedly all the buildings on College Rd (AHANA House, etc) used to be fraternity row.

i'm calling :tre on this story.

in other news, football players were banned from the mods and mary anns the minute tc arrived on campus. jobias allegedly followed suit, but did not punish for the players that ignored

I think it's safe to say that Coach Handsome doesn't have the same rule about Mary Ann's. See Harley, Kenny and Bryant, Andrew.

jobias didn't either and that damn marc molinski used to CLEAN UP!!! i hated him for that

I don't think that he lived there, but I remember Paul Grant walking through the Mods a few times.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angryty on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Paul Grant was gonzo before he ever got old enough to live in the Mods. Paul should have realized that it is not nice to use the "N" word when addressing a teammate (the kid who later transferred to Saint Bonnies). I think it is safe to say that OJ's favorite player was Paul Grant.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:53 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

was gabelli moxtly that weird interest housing like french housing and shit?

you nerds are not helping yourself out any with these revealations

how many of you had butterfly collections?

GOLD :lol:
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Reading all this shit after 7 years, I thank the Lord Almighty I lived on South Street for 2 years and it was a different universe from the BC world and I and others were brought up right and taught how to be a real man by the living legend and King of South Street , 49DUEagle.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:01 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

I'd like to contest this spotless record requirement, as 2 of my direct mod roommates were both almost thrown out freshman year (both for very different reasons) - one ending up on quintuple secret probation. And plenty of people I know who had records were in line to get one if only the lottery fell their way.

It is also possible to have a (mostly) spotless record and not be a complete nerd. You need some luck and some guile.

As if I needed to add fire to the nerd debate, they got rid of the physical lottery line last year. It's all online now and one of the great moments of each year is now done in 3 seconds by your group leader through Agora.

Except they royally fucked it up, sent out the wrong list of who was going to pick when, and delayed it a bunch of times before pushing it back to the next day. Absolute shitshow but, then again, I wasn't expecting anything else from ResLife.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BC '00 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:03 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:Was anyone there before they banned fraternities? The rumor I always heard was that they banned greeks after a frat and a sorority tricked a twin brother/sister into having sex with each other. Anyone else hear that rumor? Any truth to it?

I could be wrong here, but I don't think BC ever had a Greek system. Your story sounds like an urban legend.

Supposedly all the buildings on College Rd (AHANA House, etc) used to be fraternity row.

i'm calling :tre on this story.

in other news, football players were banned from the mods and mary anns the minute tc arrived on campus. jobias allegedly followed suit, but did not punish for the players that ignored

So I'm the only gullible a-hole who either heard that story or believed it? Disgraciad. 74, I'm going to ban myself for 7 minutes as punishment.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:04 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

I'd like to contest this spotless record requirement, as 2 of my direct mod roommates were both almost thrown out freshman year (both for very different reasons) - one ending up on quintuple secret probation. And plenty of people I know who had records were in line to get one if only the lottery fell their way.

It is also possible to have a (mostly) spotless record and not be a complete nerd. You need some luck and some guile.

As if I needed to add fire to the nerd debate, they got rid of the physical lottery line last year. It's all online now and one of the great moments of each year is now done in 3 seconds by your group leader through Agora.

Except they royally fucked it up, sent out the wrong list of who was going to pick when, and delayed it a bunch of times before pushing it back to the next day. Absolute shitshow but, then again, I wasn't expecting anything else from ResLife.

is there any truth to the rumors that dropping a few gassons helped improved ones odds in the lottery?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Any truth to the rumor that nerds complain a lot about BC?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:10 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Any truth to the rumor that nerds complain a lot about BC?

who's complaining?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:11 pm

shut up nerd.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:13 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

who's complaining?

Was directed at the post above yours Hansen. Are you a nerd too?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:14 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

shut up nerd.

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby ryrob on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:15 pm

Any truth to the rumor that people who already graduated complain a lot that they're not still in college?
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Shit, I wish I could do 4 years of undergrad again.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:18 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

who's complaining?

Was directed at the post above yours Hansen. Are you a nerd too?

i just made the cut... the mod fence was erected right after i left

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ryrob on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:20 pm

It's not so much that BC has been nerdified as it is that all colleges have gotten nerdier in the past 5-10 years because it's more competitive everywhere. Every child is a special golden snowflake now who DESERVES to go to college, hence more kids who have to pad their applications and achievements to get in.

Just because you can't bring a keg into Alumni anymore doesn't mean that kids don't still have a good time. The kids in my mod last year put a fucking doorway in the wall to create a supermod, but I guess they're just a bunch of geeks who didn't want to get in trouble.
Last edited by ryrob on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:21 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Any truth to the rumor that football player were prohibited from living in a mod after they bashed the downstairs wall down between two adjacent mods to make it a super-mod?

Also, the guys in the mod next to mine inexplicably had a dog.

I had heard some of them removed the stairs at one point and put in a bat pole. Didn't go so well once they realized they needed to get chicks up there.

But that's not why they weren't allowed to live in the mods. As far as I can tell, it was not any one specific incident, just a general feel that they shouldn't be any more tempted to be more hooliganistic then they already were.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:just a general feel that they shouldn't be any more tempted to be more hooliganistic then they already were.

This quote personifies the nerdification of our student body. That and the incessant complaining of our current classes of nerds.
Last edited by bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:24 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Ridiculous. I believe our lottery was the same day as the Duke game. Or maybe the day before.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:24 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:[quote="pick6pedro"just a general feel that they shouldn't be any more tempted to be more hooliganistic then they already were.

This quote personifies the nerdification of our student body. That and the incessant complaining of our current classes of nerds.[/quote]

I think the current class of nerds feels they are being called nerds, which they feel badly about, then complain, thus proving that they are in fact nerds.

I also hated my logic professor.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby angryty on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:25 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:It's not so much that BC has been nerdified as it is that all colleges have gotten nerdier in the past 5-10 years because it's more competitive everywhere. Every child is a special golden snowflake now who DESERVES to go to college, hence more kids who have to pad their applications and achievements to get in.

Just because you can't bring a keg into Alumni anymore doesn't mean that kids don't still have a good time. The kids in my mod last year put a fucking doorway in the wall to create a supermod, but I guess they're just a bunch of geeks who didn't want to get in trouble.

Guess what kid. In the early 90s you could drive a jeep into a Mod without causing much of a ruckus. You could also blast out the wall between the living rooms to create an uber room and it wasn't a big deal. of course, guys who went there in the early 80s routinely celebrated Senior Week by setting their Mods on fire. The evolution is a sad thing to see and it isn't your fault. You were born into this world and know nothing better.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:25 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:just a general feel that they shouldn't be any more tempted to be more hooliganistic then they already were.

This quote personifies the nerdification of our student body. That and the incessant complaining of our current classes of nerds.

It is my firm belief that the nerdification is one part administration making fun of any kind outlawed and one part harder admissions standards. Shake vigorously. Pour Asians into Dust Bowl. Enjoy!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:30 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

It is my firm belief that the nerdification is one part administration making fun of any kind outlawed and one part harder admissions standards. Shake vigorously. Pour Asians into Dust Bowl. Enjoy!

Get it right, it's the 'Campus Green.'
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:31 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Get it right, it's the 'Campus Green.'

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:34 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:[quote="pick6pedro"just a general feel that they shouldn't be any more tempted to be more hooliganistic then they already were.

I think the current class of nerds feels they are being called nerds, which they feel badly about, then complain, thus proving that they are in fact nerds.

I also hated my logic professor.[/quote]
The only thing I mildly complained about was the shitshow that was the housing lottery last year. And the whole "I used to walk 8 miles up hill to and from class" complex that is rearing its head now. I've had enough. Drink off at high-noon tomorrow.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:34 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:Get it right, it's the 'Campus Green.'

It never seemed believable to me that Ogre eventually joined the tri-lams.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:35 pm

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:43 pm

the 30 second to one minute mark here is a truly excellent sequence.

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the only thing funnier is the 04 nerds thinking they are somehow better (when its been proven time and again that the nerdification began with their arrival to campus)

Hey man, at least the class of 04 knocked down the fence (your symbol of the beginning of nerddom). None of the other classes after us even tried to resist it.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:46 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I also hated my logic professor.

The only thing I mildly complained about was the shitshow that was the housing lottery last year. And the whole "I used to walk 8 miles up hill to and from class" complex that is rearing its head now. I've had enough. Drink off at high-noon tomorrow.

No doubt in my mind that I could outdrink 98.6% of current BC students right now. In the coal mines, you either go clean or you get more alcohol tolerance.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium