boston college life pre-nerdification vs. post nerdification

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

boston college life pre-nerdification vs. post nerdification

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:41 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I just saw Chase at The Rat, case closed...

Hopefully he tries the chicken fingers - just one taste of the stupendous Rat chicken fingers and he will never want to leave...mwuah ha ha.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Re: Should we start a "Chase Rettig Watch" thread?

Postby EaglesTalon on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:43 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

Hopefully he tries the chicken fingers - just one taste of the stupendous Rat chicken fingers and he will never want to leave...mwuah ha ha.

When was the last time you were at the Rat?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:44 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

I think 2005....why? Wait a minute...

DONT YOU EVEN SAY IT! DONT YOU EVEN SAY IT!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

Disgustiad

Setting up the obvious nerdification discussion, but what do students do when they're hungover and on their way to class now?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

Disgustiad

Setting up the obvious nerdification discussion, but what do students do when they're hungover and on their way to class now?

College Sub. O wait.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:47 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:College Sub. O wait.

Are they gone, too? Jebus.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:52 pm

:woot

Keep him away from that psycho rolling trash-barrel employee. He's a career-ending injury waiting to happen. I was always worried I'd miss an important inter-division flag football game against Nick Dunn because of his reckless disregard for human life.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:53 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

Disgustiad

School is too hard and classes too important to go drinking on a...a...I hate to even say it...weeknight. It's impossible to imagine what the distracted PhD candidate half-assing his way through Intro to American History might think if a pupil showed up without his blazer and necktie, let alone unshowered and smelling of stale beer. The horror.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Dining Services has assured students, via its website, that their fried food favorites aren’t gone for good, but rather have been integrated into the dining fare at Corcoran and McElroy Commons.

This is utter BS. First off, I will never call it "Corcoran Commons." It's the Lower Campus Dining Facility, and that place has very special meaning to me.

Second, the chicken fingers at McElroy/Lower are fucking clownshoes compared to the Rat chicken fingers, or at least they were when I was there.

Dining services can suck a big, fat lemon.

To whoever decided to change the Rat: :74
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:56 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Keep him away from that psycho rolling trash-barrel employee. He's a career-ending injury waiting to happen. I was always worried I'd miss an important inter-division flag football game against Nick Dunn because of his reckless disregard for human life.

Being on campus doesn't end it. Attending a class does. Make sure he registers for a class that meets on Tuesday.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:57 pm

The Rat - no more????

WTF? When did we officially become Duke University, Northeast Campus?

It's hard to sell kids on how much fun BC is (actually was) when half the shit that made campus life so much fun has been taken away by the school.

Please don't tell me Chi Chi is gone.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:58 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:The Rat - no more????

It's hard to sell kids on how much fun BC is (actually was) when half the shit that made campus life so much fun has been taken away by the school.

If he's still there, I bet his sales are way down because of the increase of sober people on the weekend. Seriously, would you eat those sausages if you weren't blind drunk?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:58 pm

"I'm so hungover, I think I'll grab a quick teriyaki salmon salad."
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:00 pm

That popcorn chicken with buffalo sauce on top of fries was great. It's too bad they got rid of the fried stuff in 2004.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:02 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Being on campus doesn't end it. Attending a class does. Make sure he registers for a class that meets on Tuesday.

Of course, but I'm a lot more optimistic knowing he is in CH. There's a big difference between the mind-frame of 1) the DT at UT who lived a couple hours away who changed his mind before jumping in the car because the coach he committed to had left and 2) someone who flew cross country from CA, has moved in, and would have to get a phone call last minute from another program in order to change his mind. Huge difference.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:03 pm

to any of the pre-nerdification graduates, did people used to show up to MAs before happy hour on Friday when you were there? it used to bother me that this was never the case when I attended. I'd go in at 1ish(p.m) on Friday and it would be about 6 MBTA employees and they'd the volume on the tv on, I always thought it a poor reflection on the student population that there was never anyone there before 2.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:04 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

If he's still there, I bet his sales are way down because of the increase of sober people on the weekend. Seriously, would you eat those sausages if you weren't blind drunk?

It's not the soberness that is the difference, it's because the current student body is full from eating each other's sausages - and '74 is rolling over in his grave.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:06 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:to any of the pre-nerdification graduates, did people used to show up to MAs before happy hour on Friday when you were there? it used to bother me that this was never the case when I attended. I'd go in at 1ish(p.m) on Friday and it would be about 6 MBTA employees and they'd the volume on the tv on, I always thought it a poor reflection on the student population that there was never anyone there before 2.

I spent many days in MA's drinking and watching Law and Order with Steve the manager who would laugh at the most inappropriate parts of the episodes, and I fall in post nerdification territory according to TRE (class of 04).

My senior year, Roggie's became the happy hour hotspot. We'd go there at noon sometimes or sometimes we would hole up in MA's and play cards if we were less concerned with seeing people and more about drinking in a windowless hole.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:06 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:to any of the pre-nerdification graduates, did people used to show up to MAs before happy hour on Friday when you were there? it used to bother me that this was never the case when I attended. I'd go in at 1ish(p.m) on Friday and it would be about 6 MBTA employees and they'd the volume on the tv on, I always thought it a poor reflection on the student population that there was never anyone there before 2.

I did my best to get there as early as possible (which was usually shortly after 2 - stoopid foreign languange requirement), but I believe based on the board definition that I stradled the nerdification line as an '03er (cue TRE ghey joke).

Wasn't the move to Roggie's (at least in part) due to accepting Eaglebucks?

P.S. Is this really a thread about Chase Rettig?
Last edited by pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BC '00 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:07 pm

I was usually on South St (31 or 35, can't remember) with High Life 40's until around 9, so no.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Post 2005 the HH spot was Roggies Lunch Special -> Roggies HH, although I definitely spent some Fridays at MA's too.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:09 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I spent many days in MA's drinking and watching Law and Order with Steve the manager who would laugh at the most inappropriate parts of the episodes, and I fall in post nerdification territory according to TRE (class of 04).

My senior year, Roggie's became the happy hour hotspot. We'd go there at noon sometimes or sometimes we would hole up in MA's and play cards if we were less concerned with seeing people and more about drinking in a windowless hole.

personally, i always liked drinking in a windowless hole, still do. but not MAs you can never go back.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:11 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

personally, i always liked drinking in a windowless hole, still do. but not MAs you can never go back.

I have on occassion (football game and stuff like that). They've raised prices and got a new jukebox (which happened my junior year but I'm STILL pissed about that)
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:12 pm

I have too, it was just terrible.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:16 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I have on occassion (football game and stuff like that). They've raised prices and got a new jukebox (which happened my junior year but I'm STILL pissed about that)

Reunions are also an acceptable time to return. The most pissed I ever got at them was when the free wings stopped. Besides the fact that I would get black eyes and only duck away with 8, it was still one of the highlights of my week. Happy hour in Mass is lame enough what with the laws, but to take that away meant that Happy Hour translated to "most crowded time of the week".
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Are you trying to say those things weren't inumanly delicious, or are you trying to say I was a blithering drunk?

On another note, I think we need a poll to decide when BC became Duke NE. I'd say the fence around the Mods was a huge milestone. Not sure when that was. Being able to drive up on campus at the wee-hours of the morning to being tailgating was also a big thing while I was there. Not sure when it exactly all changed to today's Gestapo-run pre-game festivities.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:19 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:I'd say the fence around the Mods was a huge milestone. Not sure when that was.

Summer of 2000.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:19 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Are you trying to say those things weren't inumanly delicious, or are you trying to say I was a blithering drunk?

On another note, I think we need a poll to decide when BC became Duke NE. I'd say the fence around the Mods was a huge milestone. Not sure when that was. Being able to drive up on campus at the wee-hours of the morning to being tailgating was also a big thing while I was there. Not sure when it exactly all changed to today's Gestapo-run pre-game festivities.

this is terrible, i lived in the mods in 02-03 and i have absollutely no recollection of if there was a fence then or not. awesome.

edit: apparently there was
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Apparently I probably know bomber and 9903, as I am class of '04 and spent most Thursdays and Fridays in that beloved windowless hole. Usually from about 1:30 or 2 in the afternoon. You could always tell the people who knew how things worked by their choice of seating. Gotta sit near where the wings will be.

I've been back to Mary Ann's twice since I left Boston. It's true what they say--you can never go home again.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Hey I was class of '04!

I didn't spend that much time at MA's though, so I may not know you guys.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium