Problem at Saturday's game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Problem at Saturday's game

Postby Prof. Andrew Buni on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:15 am

I had great seats! 8th row, 50 yard line. The game starts. On the first play, everyone in front of me stands up. I figure 'OK, it's the first play'. Next play they all stand up again. By midway through the first quarter, it occurs to me that the only way I'm going to see the damn game is if I stand up on every play. So I stood up - and left.
Prof. Andrew Buni
n00b

Re: Problem at Saturday's game

Postby cameagle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:18 am

The only problem there.... is YOU!
cameagle
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:33 am

Prof. Andrew Buni {l Wrote}:I had great seats! 8th row, 50 yard line. The game starts. On the first play, everyone in front of me stands up. I figure 'OK, it's the first play'. Next play they all stand up again. By midway through the first quarter, it occurs to me that the only way I'm going to see the damn game is if I stand up on every play. So I stood up - and left.

Keep walking.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:36 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Prof. Andrew Buni {l Wrote}:I had great seats! 8th row, 50 yard line. The game starts. On the first play, everyone in front of me stands up. I figure 'OK, it's the first play'. Next play they all stand up again. By midway through the first quarter, it occurs to me that the only way I'm going to see the damn game is if I stand up on every play. So I stood up - and left.

Keep walking.

Buni HAS to be campion.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Prof. Andrew Buni on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 am

Fellas...fellas...

My message was posted before I was able to complete it. These computers are quite tricky...the scourge of our generation.

Had I been able to finish my post, I would have informed you that a friend of mine...and honored guest for my 'History of Sports' class, once uttered those words at our beloved Alumni Stadium.

I would hazard to guess that many, if not all, of you have cheered his work. I can only hope that you have not offended him...he has very powerful friends.

By the way, this 'Campion' fella you all talk about..ironically, he and my friend share something in common.
Prof. Andrew Buni
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:11 am

Prof. Andrew Buni {l Wrote}:By the way, this 'Campion' fella you all talk about..ironically, he and my friend share something in common.

Is this another transitive thing?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby JConman on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:21 am

Is Buni still teaching at BC?
JConman
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Keep walking.

Buni HAS to be campion.

my guess is that its a cheap imitation. campion is better than this

Father Barrett?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Prof. Andrew Buni on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:06 pm

So...no one knows who uttered the words that apparently offended many of you ?

No guesses ???

Father Barrett, you say ? Well, I tipped many a Stout with the good Father Barrett back in the day. Problem was, I stopped meeting him at the Alumni House bar because of the whacko undergrad who used to stalk him. All I remember about that guy was he was a miserable misanthrope townie who always wore a BC hockey jersey.

I wonder what happened to the guy who was stalking Barrett................
Prof. Andrew Buni
n00b

Postby Prof. Andrew Buni on Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:38 am

You can just say you don't know...no one will scold you.

Obviously, none of you ever sat in my class in good old Higgins Hall...and you claim to know me ?!?
Prof. Andrew Buni
n00b

Postby Prof. Andrew Buni on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:53 am

campion...you disappoint me.

It's time to put the George Eliot fathead back on my office wall.

I had taken it down in deference to your posting acumen.
Prof. Andrew Buni
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:59 am

:lame
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Prof. Andrew Buni on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:34 am

campion...how is it that you have determined I am 'making fun of' Prof Buni ? Normal criticism is par for the course on any board, but methinks you are off base here.

Let me ask you this...are you making fun of Sir Edmund Campion...a man whose life I would guess you and I are among a small group of board members that actually know of his heroism in the name of the Catholic Church? ( Excuse the questionable grammar...I'm impassioned here ) When you make a bawdy comment under the banner of the man who was referred to as 'the diamond of England" by the advisor to Queen Elizabeth, are you in some way defaming his legacy ? And, by extension, am I ridiculing his deeds by laughing ? Or , are you paying homage to the man by simply recalling his name ?

I always thought the latter...tell me now if I was wrong, bro ? Obviously, I have/had a connection with Prof. Buni...but frankly, that don't mean sheet for the point I'm making.

Oh yeah, to the tool who posted the cute 'Lame' sign...remember, you can't spell 'meal' without 'lame', so don't forget to put the little Chewbaca toy in each 'Happymeal' before you bag it.
Prof. Andrew Buni
n00b

Postby Prof. Andrew Buni on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:23 am

By the way, apologies for the 'Sir' instead of Saint typo...had William Cecil on my mind apparently...no disrespect intended.

Quite frankly, I didn't set out to 'parody' Andy Buni as much as I meant to use his title as a means of segueing into some interesting BC sports questions...never got out of the gate on that one. By the way, Red Auerbach uttered the lines about departing Alumni because of the standees. Thought the 'trivia' might jazz up a fledgling board and I had some down time, is all.

Kinda got backed into a response with the 'You better be good to post here' punch in the face, and it morphed into a parody about Negro baseball, as I recall. That ( the specific topic of Negro baseball) was actually a tribute to Buni...years ago he helped an undergrad/struggling jock find relevence in his studies through of all things...a History of Sports class taken as an elective! He spent time with me...an unheard of thing for me at that point in my college career...and was that 'special teacher' who turned me on to the learning/investigating life process, and by extension, the whole Boston College experience. Somewhere I still have that research paper detailing the Negro League experience, as well as a reference letter Prof. Buni wrote on my behalf. I may have taken liberties by speaking as Buni...but nothing was done in an even slightly derogatory manner,I believe.

You know, I posted my only other parody years ago...before it became popular. I posted as a guy named rutgerssal , after reading the inane postings of rutgersal. In some ways, I considered myself the Father of all message-board parodists, and I admired your work from afar.

I guess I just lost my fastball. That's cool...posting takes too much time away from work/play/etc., anyway. By the way, I shouldn't have proffered the hackneyed 'fast-food' reference to commavegarage. What are the odds that he even even knows who George Eliot was ?
Prof. Andrew Buni
n00b

Postby Prof. Andrew Buni on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:03 pm

Not Barrett...I'm probably about 2,368 Lyons Cafeteria tuna cheese melts behind him. In fact I'm not anyone...but I take humbrage with anyone claiming my old 'sal' schtick.

I missed the Chevy outing of someone...who got the credit? I want royalties.

By the way, it was kinda cool to have someone claim I was you...are you sure I'm not ?

I am cool about retiring the Buni name...should I take a poll, or is that 'Insider-esque'?
Prof. Andrew Buni
n00b

Postby Bumpers on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:19 pm

Honestly, I've never had more trouble telling the diffrerence between two of Whalepants' alter egos.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium