Clemson is -7

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Clemson is -7

Postby branchinator on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Man, it's pretty pathetic that Clemson fans know more about our team than we do. When do the BC football study sessions begin?
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby cut68 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:24 pm

BC has football fans? I went to the game last year. And 2006. Where were the fans......... all I saw were Clemson fans. Just kidding. I live in Metro West, and wish there were more BC football fans. This rivalry could be awesome if you guys had more of a following (of course, then 3 of the last 4 years would have been hell at work!)
cut68
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:28 pm

cut68 {l Wrote}:BC has football fans? I went to the game last year. And 2006. Where were the fans......... all I saw were Clemson fans. Just kidding. I live in Metro West, and wish there were more BC football fans. This rivalry could be awesome if you guys had more of a following (of course, then 3 of the last 4 years would have been hell at work!)

Is what it is. At least those BC football fans you have found are crazy people like us.

SPEED!
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby totheights on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:30 pm

cut68 {l Wrote}:BC has football fans? I went to the game last year. And 2006. Where were the fans......... all I saw were Clemson fans. Just kidding. I live in Metro West, and wish there were more BC football fans. This rivalry could be awesome if you guys had more of a following (of course, then 3 of the last 4 years would have been hell at work!)

Clemson has a football team? It went to the game 2 years ago and was like huh? where was the football team.....all I saw was the BC Football team. Just kidding. I live in Boston and wish there was a better Clemson football team. This rivalry could be awesome if you guys actually had a football team.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:31 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:

Clemson has a football team? It went to the game 2 years ago and was like huh? where was the football team.....all I saw was the BC Football team. Just kidding. I live in Boston and wish there was a better Clemson football team. This rivalry could be awesome if you guys actually had a football team.

Clemson has a football team. You just couldn't see them because they have so much SPEED.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby totheights on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:32 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

Clemson has a football team. You just couldn't see them because they have so much SPEED.

That clears it up. :ginger :toby :dildodog
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:42 pm

as per the clemson board, teh clemson will be changing their logo to this:

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:42 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

:whammy
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby cut68 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:46 pm

totheights, yes, you've beaten us on a regular basis since you entered the league, but it's not like you've been blowing us out. Each of the games has been a squeaker, and I believe that the series is tied all time. Sorry If you felt I was insulting your school......But it was awfully surprising to see the visiting school get their hands on 15- 20k tickets in a 45k seat stadium.
cut68
n00b

Postby talon on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:49 pm

cut68 {l Wrote}:But it was awfully surprising to see the visiting school get their hands on 15- 20k tickets in a 45k seat stadium.

source?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:51 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
cut68 {l Wrote}:But it was awfully surprising to see the visiting school get their hands on 15- 20k tickets in a 45k seat stadium.

source?

In 2006, Clemson might have had 10-12k.

In 2008, probably 6-7k.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:54 pm

You guys are overlooking the easiest solution to the "which team has more speed?" dilemma.
1) You take the 5 slowest team members on each team
ii) you line them up for a race
c) they race
four) find out which team the player who finished last plays for
E) whichever team that is shall be the slower team

You are only as fast as your slowest link. Durr.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby totheights on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm

cut68 {l Wrote}:totheights, yes, you've beaten us on a regular basis since you entered the league, but it's not like you've been blowing us out. Each of the games has been a squeaker, and I believe that the series is tied all time. Sorry If you felt I was insulting your school......But it was awfully surprising to see the visiting school get their hands on 15- 20k tickets in a 45k seat stadium.

I'm just having fun at the fact that people really believe Clemson has more speed than BC.

Its pretty laughable.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:57 pm

SPEED SPEED SPEED!!!!

:elephant
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Clemson has more fans and more speed. Any chance the Greensboro office just cancels this game to prevent injuries?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby cut68 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:03 pm

True enough, I have no sources other than what I saw and what I was told. (not foolish enough to quote an alumni magazine here) But we typically bring 10k + to a game, and that was more than normal. Can you guys honestly say you weren't suprised at the amount of Clemson fans in the stadium?
cut68
n00b

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:05 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Clemson has more fans and more speed. Any chance the Greensboro office just cancels this game to prevent injuries?

But do Clemson fans have more speed than BC fans? I swear to God, I'm racing any Clemson fan behind More Hall next year. The race will start at More Hall, go into the graveyard, find a designated grave marker (different ones for each heat and each racer), dig up the body, ride the pony back to More Hall. First one back wins and advances to the next round.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:07 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:
cut68 {l Wrote}:totheights, yes, you've beaten us on a regular basis since you entered the league, but it's not like you've been blowing us out. Each of the games has been a squeaker, and I believe that the series is tied all time. Sorry If you felt I was insulting your school......But it was awfully surprising to see the visiting school get their hands on 15- 20k tickets in a 45k seat stadium.

I'm just having fun at the fact that people really believe Clemson has more speed than BC.

Its pretty laughable.

At the skill positions, Clemson might have a little more speed, but that is mostly just Spiller and Ford...other than that, the difference in speed is probably minor. Even so, our fastest player barely sees the field, so this whole speed thing is just blown way out of proportion. Its not like BC has the big slow LBs that it had 10 years ago.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:10 pm

cut68 {l Wrote}:True enough, I have no sources other than what I saw and what I was told. (not foolish enough to quote an alumni magazine here) But we typically bring 10k + to a game, and that was more than normal. Can you guys honestly say you weren't suprised at the amount of Clemson fans in the stadium?

Yes... I can honestly say I I was not surprised by the amount of Clemson fans in the stadium Furthermore, the idea you had 10-12k inside the stadium is laughable. 2006 was IIbelieve) before DBS really took hold. At that time, BC regularly sold-out available season tickets. There were certainly a lot of Clemson fans around Boston that weekend, but just about the average amount of visitors inside the stadium as any big game.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Any truth to the rumor that Clemson's fans are also faster than BC's fans?
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:19 pm

:ginger SPEED SPEED SPEED :ginger
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:37 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Any truth to the rumor that Clemson's fans are also faster than BC's fans?

i know that clemson fans will wind up with a cock in their mouths faster than you can say jack robinson, but that's just from my personal experiences with one clemson fan (and it's not sweet dee's husband)

It really was a magical vacation for you and Mez, wasn't it?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Byrdcall J on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:40 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:Any truth to the rumor that Clemson's fans are also faster than BC's fans?

You'd have to check their tailgate offer list to see which team's fans have been invited to more prestigious tailgates to get a truly fair comparison, but I hear the football fans down south have bigtime tailgate parties with better food and bountiful RV parking compared to what's offered in the Northeast, so I think you may have your answer there.
Byrdcall J
Carney Hall

Postby cut68 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:43 pm

I think I can respectfully says BC fans are probably faster........... we spend too much time drinking and cooking pigs run much. My cousin goes to BC and he could run circles around me (although he is much younger) I gotta say, it's interesting how a comment or 2 about speed at the skill positions took this thread over. I'm impressed with the passion of the BC football underground!
Yes, there were less CU fans in 2008 then 2006. If someone has a picture of the stadium in 2006 though, please post it, because the stadium certainly appeared to be 35-40% orange. Just my opinion and what I heard. Could be wrong though.
cut68
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:49 pm

cut68 {l Wrote}:I think I can respectfully says BC fans are probably faster........... we spend too much time drinking and cooking pigs run much. My cousin goes to BC and he could run circles around me (although he is much younger) I gotta say, it's interesting how a comment or 2 about speed at the skill positions took this thread over. I'm impressed with the passion of the BC football underground!
Yes, there were less CU fans in 2008 then 2006. If someone has a picture of the stadium in 2006 though, please post it, because the stadium certainly appeared to be 35-40% orange. Just my opinion and what I heard. Could be wrong though.

8,000 of the 42,000 seats are generally a block of yellow.

I was at both Clemson games. There were less than 10,000 but more than 8,000 at the first one, much smaller at the second. The second I would put at 6-7K, around the size of the usual FSU contingent.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:50 pm

No.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
cut68 {l Wrote}:True enough, I have no sources other than what I saw and what I was told. (not foolish enough to quote an alumni magazine here) But we typically bring 10k + to a game, and that was more than normal. Can you guys honestly say you weren't suprised at the amount of Clemson fans in the stadium?

Yes... I can honestly say I I was not surprised by the amount of Clemson fans in the stadium Furthermore, the idea you had 10-12k inside the stadium is laughable. 2006 was IIbelieve) before DBS really took hold. At that time, BC regularly sold-out available season tickets. There were certainly a lot of Clemson fans around Boston that weekend, but just about the average amount of visitors inside the stadium as any big game.

That is incorrect.

The lack of objectivity on this board is laughable.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:51 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That is incorrect.

I don't remember you being such a stinkbomb on the other site.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:54 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That is incorrect.

I don't remember you being such a stinkbomb on the other site.

True. I shouldn't have referenced the whole board. Just HJS.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

No.

Love it! Clemson may have a lot of hot chicks, but the amount of Jumboses they claim in their fanbase has got to be near the top of the ACC. Great to see Jim Mora (inside right elbow) and Sgt Nick Lassard (inside left elbow) make appearances at the game.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium