TV coverage for Clemson

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

TV coverage for Clemson

Postby AguilaFan on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:05 pm

Someone said "Finally, on TV"

At BC site, they say Raycom. http://tinyurl.com/dmxkc9

On ESPN, they say ESPN360 and GamePlan. http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/3

Anybody know for sure?

:flagus
AguilaFan
Carney Hall

Re: TV coverage for Clemson

Postby Bumpers on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Raycom is Mass and SC local free TV; Gameplan is Direct TV national airing of Mass and SC local coverage on Raycom.

Anyone who is not local and does not have DTV can see on ESPN360.

If you can't get 360, you're f'd.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:Raycom is Mass and SC local free TV; Gameplan is Direct TV national airing of Mass and SC local coverage on Raycom.

Computer Tv 3 weeks ina row...disgustiad.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Bumpers on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:10 pm

:ginger
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby tallsy on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Just a slight clarification, Raycom will be any ACC market not just Boston and SC.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:Raycom is Mass and SC local free TV; Gameplan is Direct TV national airing of Mass and SC local coverage on Raycom.

If you have cable you can order ESPN Gameplan so you do not necessarily need 360. For example I have timewarner cable and timewarner cable offers gameplan so instead of going to a bar I could watch the game from my apartment should I choose to purchase gameplan. In fact Grand Pierre told me you can order gameplan just for the day on cablevision without having to purchase the entire season. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:34 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

If you have cable you can order ESPN Gameplan so you do not necessarily need 360. For example I have timewarner cable and timewarner cable offers gameplan so instead of going to a bar I could watch the game from my apartment should I choose to purchase gameplan. In fact Grand Pierre told me you can order gameplan just for the day on cablevision without having to purchase the entire season. :ace

True story...I will stream the espn360 feed, but I will be present at Still (with nametag)
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:09 pm

360 is free for everyone now. We watched yesterday's game here in Miami without even having to log in...

During the games yesterday though, for the 12pm games, they had our game listed as on ESPN360 next week. By the 2nd half of those games they switched the list and we were no longer on it. I wonder if they switched the broadcast?
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:11 pm

eagle1331 {l Wrote}:360 is free for everyone now.

Not every cable system provides access to ESPN 360
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby AguilaFan on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:27 pm

eagle1331 {l Wrote}:360 is free for everyone now. We watched yesterday's game here in Miami without even having to log in...

During the games yesterday though, for the 12pm games, they had our game listed as on ESPN360 next week. By the 2nd half of those games they switched the list and we were no longer on it. I wonder if they switched the broadcast?

Just took this off ESPN360.

ESPN BC.jpg
ESPN BC.jpg (28.8 KiB) Viewed 10804 times
AguilaFan
Carney Hall

Postby DougBushBC on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:30 pm

You have to have one of the selected partners (THANKS NO NET NEUTRALITY!)... That being said, "ESPN360: Home of the ACC"
DougBushBC
n00b

Postby eagle1331 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:02 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
eagle1331 {l Wrote}:360 is free for everyone now.

Not every cable system provides access to ESPN 360

I thought the same. Apparently they have changed the policy now for CFB season. I couldn't watch the USA Soccer game last week on 360, but had no problem watching any 360 game yesterday. I sure didn't change my internet or cable provider over the last week.

Now, I don't know if it was a fluke with the system or trial thing for the first week, but several people have told me that ESPN has made it so that everyone may carry it now...
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby bcfan1972 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:09 pm

I have gameplan, I hope I can watch it there even though it isnt HIDEF, tired of watching on computer..............
bcfan1972
Carney Hall

Postby AguilaFan on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:04 am

:screamyeagle

There still seems to confusion about ESPN360.
Hope this clears it up. But before that, go here and see if your system or a system of someone you know is on the list:
http://espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/affList

ESPN360 charges the cable systems for the "service"; hence not all cable systems carry it. They are rejecting ESPN's business model. Big fight.
Once a subscriber (SUB) on a ESPN360 system logs onto ESPN and goes to the ESPN360 site, and activates REMOTE ACCESS, that SUB now follows these steps when not at home:
1. opens ESPN on a NON-ESPN360 CABLE SYSTEM
2. sign-in to ESPN with the same userID and password used on home system
3. click on the small ESPN360 logo
4. click on an event to view
5. if a red box pops up asking for the cable system originally used to register
6. selects it from the pull down box.
7. if on a pc/nb that has never seen ESPN360, then a black window will appear with an Install Procedure for MovePlayer, a 1.6 MB file
8. once installed, (about 2-5 minutes) another window will open with ESPN360 LOADING
9. In the upper right corner, you will see the corporate logo of the "home" cable system
10. That SUB can "share" his userID and Password with family and friends THAT DO NOT HAVE ESPN360 on their cable system
11. Enjoy

Thefile app is the same one that we used last year. Believe shock also did it.
Want to install the file on pc or nb? Go here: http://www.movenetworks.com/install-move-player

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONNECTED TO A CABLE SYSTEM THAT CARRIES ESPN360. ANY CABLE SYSTEM WILL WORK. STEP 5 IS THE REASON.

I am guessing that is ESPN's way of tracking usage metrics. Was told that my taking a notebook into a commercial establishment (bar), setting up the notebook to cable/wireless, and viewing ESPN360 was fine. No problem. Even could connect to a TV or HDTV so more folks could watch. They don't care.

My username ID and password is being used by 12 folks. NONE OF THEM HAVE HAD A PROBLEM AND NONE OF THEM HAVE AN ESPN360 CABLE SYSTEM.
"You have to have one of the selected partners". TRUE, only to set up the REMOTE ACCESS. After that one-time set-up, it no longer matters.

Am waiting to see if a contact in North Carolina has ESPN360. If they do, I am setting up a new user and PW and setting up the REMOTE ACCESS with USERID: EOUSER and PASSWORD: "let's cross that bridge when we get to it" famous last words.

The bar owner called his brother in Boston and had him activate ESPN360. They now have ESPN360. That's how we watched the game Saturday...on a 200" screen.

One big CAVEAT: some cable systems are now charging extra if you go over certain limits. For me, it is 40 GB. Make sure you know what your system's policies are, before you get hit with a hefty surcharge. There are free apps that will check your DL. Some routers even do it. VISTA has a gadget you can add to Windows Sidebar and it will tell you. (see example below)

Gadget.jpg
Gadget.jpg (10.98 KiB) Viewed 10746 times
AguilaFan
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:02 pm

I am very excited for our first Raycom game of the year.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:08 pm

I like 360, but I have to venture to a sports bar to watch just for the hell of it.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:39 pm

AguilaFan {l Wrote}::screamyeagle

Hope this clears it up. But before that, go here and see if your system or a system of someone you know is on the list:

ESPN360 charges the cable systems for the "service"; hence not all cable systems carry it. They are rejecting ESPN's business model. Big fight.
Once a subscriber (SUB) on a ESPN360 system logs onto ESPN and goes to the ESPN360 site, and activates REMOTE ACCESS, that SUB now follows these steps when not at home:
7. if on a pc/nb that has never seen ESPN360, then a black window will appear with an Install Procedure for MovePlayer, a 1.6 MB file
8. once installed, (about 2-5 minutes) another window will open with ESPN360 LOADING
9. In the upper right corner, you will see the corporate logo of the "home" cable system
10. That SUB can "share" his userID and Password with family and friends THAT DO NOT HAVE ESPN360 on their cable system
11. Enjoy

Want to install the file on pc or nb? Go here: http://www.movenetworks.com/install-move-player

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONNECTED TO A CABLE SYSTEM THAT CARRIES ESPN360. ANY CABLE SYSTEM WILL WORK. STEP 5 IS THE REASON.

I am guessing that is ESPN's way of tracking usage metrics. Was told that my taking a notebook into a commercial establishment (bar), setting up the notebook to cable/wireless, and viewing ESPN360 was fine. No problem. Even could connect to a TV or HDTV so more folks could watch. They don't care.

My username ID and password is being used by 12 folks. NONE OF THEM HAVE HAD A PROBLEM AND NONE OF THEM HAVE AN ESPN360 CABLE SYSTEM.
"You have to have one of the selected partners". TRUE, only to set up the REMOTE ACCESS. After that one-time set-up, it no longer matters.

Am waiting to see if a contact in North Carolina has ESPN360. If they do, I am setting up a new user and PW and setting up the REMOTE ACCESS with USERID: EOUSER and PASSWORD: "let's cross that bridge when we get to it" famous last words.

The bar owner called his brother in Boston and had him activate ESPN360. They now have ESPN360. That's how we watched the game Saturday...on a 200" screen.

One big CAVEAT: some cable systems are now charging extra if you go over certain limits. For me, it is 40 GB. Make sure you know what your system's policies are, before you get hit with a hefty surcharge. There are free apps that will check your DL. Some routers even do it. VISTA has a gadget you can add to Windows Sidebar and it will tell you. (see example below)

Gadget.jpg

:thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs :thehjs
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:47 pm

AguilaFan {l Wrote}::screamyeagle

11. Enjoy

Gadget.jpg

OK, question though....

When I watched an ESPN 360 game on a friends computer that supported ESPN 360, I never had to do "step 2", it just let me on b/c of the cable system he was on. So what "username and password" are you refrring to?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:55 pm

FUCK 360 UP ITS ESPN ASS.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium