EAGLES AT TIGERS WEEKLONG DISCUSSION THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: EAGLES AT TIGERS WEEKLONG DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:34 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Parker looked sharp in the second half... Clemson will come out smoking.

I looked over the play-by-play last night, he completed 7 passes in a row at one point but was 0-fer his last 5 or something like that. Clemson is always good for a couple big plays against BC, but I don't think Parker will light up the scoreboard. And I still don't think much of Daybo. I like BC's chances just fine.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:38 pm

I thought Parker got the opportunity to make some nice passes downfield because GT's secondary was doing a poor job covering.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:47 pm

My RB depth chart would be:

Harris
Finch
Haden

Haden should only be a change of pace back at this point.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:58 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I thought Parker got the opportunity to make some nice passes downfield because GT's secondary was doing a poor job covering.

IF we can contain Spiller, then we win this game. i'd stack the box until Parker proves he can beat us.
Last edited by hansen on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:My RB depth chart would be:

Harris
Finch
Haden

Why do you say this?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:02 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Harris
Finch
Haden

Why do you say this?

Ultimately, I think Haden is just too small. I think Finch has looked good so far and has potential. He has a lot of leg strength allowing him to break tackles more easily.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:10 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Harris
Finch
Haden

Why do you say this?

Ultimately, I think Haden is just too small. I think Finch has looked good so far and has potential. He has a lot of leg strength allowing him to break tackles more easily.

I don't think I've seen enough of Finch to put him above Haden in the depth chart- but that's just me.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:12 pm

My eyes told me Haden had the best day last game.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Harris had a big run on one big hole late. Haden ground out the tougher yards early. Finch has been running against tired and second string defenses.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:21 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Harris
Finch
Haden

Why do you say this?

I don't think I've seen enough of Finch to put him above Haden in the depth chart- but that's just me.

i think Haden has looked much better this year with the new blocking system which allows him to use his skills, raw power and speed, better. I think we should have some more plays where he can get out in the open swing passes screens etc. like when he took one 50 yards against Florida State. He was my roomate last year, I know he's trying hard, lets give him a couple more games before we put Finch ahead of him.
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Harris
Finch
Haden

Why do you say this?

i think Haden has looked much better this year with the new blocking system which allows him to use his skills, raw power and speed, better. I think we should have some more plays where he can get out in the open swing passes screens etc. like when he took one 50 yards against Florida State. He was my roomate last year, I know he's trying hard, lets give him a couple more games before we put Finch ahead of him.

1. Nobody doubts the fact that he's trying hard.
2. If you truly are his roommate from last year, that means you are on the team and in all seriousness if I were you I wouldn't post on a message board proclaiming this fact.
3. That being said, I call :tre because I doubt a football player would admit the fact that he is on the team and posting on a message board.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:29 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Harris
Finch
Haden

Why do you say this?

2. If you truly are his roommate from last year, that means you are on the team and in all seriousness if I were you I wouldn't post on a message board proclaiming this fact.
3. That being said, I call :tre because I doubt a football player would admit the fact that he is on the team and posting on a message board.

No actually, I do not play football... I was in an 8 man with him...his direct roomate was a football player but the other 6 people were non football players.
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Could make sense as he came in early. Still not ready to buy it though
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:34 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:My eyes told me Haden had the best day last game.

Is that because he did a quasi hurdle during one of his runs?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Didn't he start the previous January? There's your answer.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:41 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Didn't he start the previous January? There's your answer.

Yes, he came in January so he lived with sophmores.
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:44 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Didn't he start the previous January? There's your answer.

Yes, he came in January so he lived with sophmores.

Are you talking about last year or two years ago when he came in the second semester?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:47 pm

We've seen people create fake identities to be program insiders, depraved tennis commentators, UVa grads with a creepy affection for shirtless BC guys, the true gem in modern American theater, and of course, Onyx Blackman.

But I don't know why someone would claim to be a roommate of a player. It's just not funny enough.

I believe you, PR Eagle. And I don't think Finch should move Haden down the depth chart.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:49 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:My eyes told me Haden had the best day last game.

Is that because he did a quasi hurdle during one of his runs?

No, it was because of his new and improved gangsta tats that I was too trashed to notice during the Northeastern game.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:50 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:We've seen people create fake identities to be program insiders, depraved tennis commentators, UVa grads with a creepy affection for shirtless BC guys, the true gem in modern American theater, and of course, Onyx Blackman.

But I don't know why someone would claim to be a roommate of a player. It's just not funny enough.

I believe you, PR Eagle. And I don't think Finch should move Haden down the depth chart.

We've gotten off track, but the bottom line is I call :tre because if he is talking about two years ago, I don't understand how 6 people could live in an 8 man a whole semester without others joining them. If he's saying he lived with him last year, I call :tre again because he didn't live in an 8 man last year.

But this is all besides the point.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:50 pm

I think it's creepy that you know what type of room Josh Haden lived in last year.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:52 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I think it's creepy that you know what type of room Josh Haden lived in last year.

It's not creepy when you're friends with his roommate.

But again, I agree with you PREagle- Haden should not be moved down on the depth chart- he hasn't done enough to warrant that and neither has Finch.
Last edited by commavegarage on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:53 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I think it's creepy that you know what type of room Josh Haden lived in last year.

It's not creepy when you're friends with his roommate.

I didn't realize you were a current student. Then I retract my statement. Not creepy.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Whatever, I know where I lived last year and with who, but that is besides the point.

Getting back to football I still think Haden should be # 2 in the depth chart, altough Finch has looked pretty good.

I also think it's crucial for our D Line to be able to put some sort of pressure on the QB, because they could rip us up if we give him all day to throw. Also, I think our secondary is much better than G Tech's. If we can contain Spiller and be decent on special teams we have a legit shot, we played like shit for most of the game last year and nearly pulled it off. Clemson will overlook us, as usual, and were going to give them hell for 60.
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCFanFormerlyInCuse on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:56 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:We've gotten off track, but the bottom line is I call :tre because if he is talking about two years ago, I don't understand how 6 people could live in an 8 man a whole semester without others joining them. If he's saying he lived with him last year, I call :tre again because he didn't live in an 8 man last year.

Isn't it possible that the 4th room in the 8 man was just vacant for half the year? Or, maybe 2 guys moved out (study abroad, moved to another dorm, got kicked out) and when that room opened up, Haden and the other guy moved in.
BCFanFormerlyInCuse
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:57 pm

BCFanFormerlyInCuse {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:We've gotten off track, but the bottom line is I call :tre because if he is talking about two years ago, I don't understand how 6 people could live in an 8 man a whole semester without others joining them. If he's saying he lived with him last year, I call :tre again because he didn't live in an 8 man last year.

Isn't it possible that the 4th room in the 8 man was just vacant for half the year? Or, maybe 2 guys moved out (study abroad, moved to another dorm, got kicked out) and when that room opened up, Haden and the other guy moved in.

True, that's why I called :tre more on the second one- The first one is plausible, which is why I asked.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:58 pm

BCFanFormerlyInCuse {l Wrote}:

This nis exactly what happened in the first two weeks of school on of our rommates dropped out and the other was kicked out of housing. Haden and Momah later approched us if they could move in because they were on Co oad and wanted to move closer to the Stadium
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby swimsmart on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Tre - football players rooming with non football players happens quite often for a variety of reasons.

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Harris
Finch
Haden

Why do you say this?

No actually, I do not play football... I was in an 8 man with him...his direct roomate was a football player but the other 6 people were non football players.

i've been out of school for a while... can someone tell me where the freshman 8 man dorms are?
swimsmart
n00b

Postby trek152 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:55 pm

indeed. sophmore year, i lived in edmonds with a football player; the other three of us were not on the team. in addition one of my suitemates was a jan grad and res life did not replace him so we had 3 in the 4 man for the rest of the year.
trek152
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:01 am

As I always say...biggest game in BC history...till the next one..

We have FSU, Wake and NCState at home in the division.

We play 2-3 beats in the Coastal in UNC and VT.

0-2 and a pissed off Clemson and maybe they knock off a few of the Atlantic's and help.

Gotta win the big division games and get tiebreakers in a 8 game schedule and 5 within division.

That miserable fuck TOb --after I posted what if FSu loses 3-- fucked up the UNC Game when he went yellow like a baby maker way back when and you never know.

Justin Time....pull a Matt Barkley.

I wanna see blitztime.

I want Parker on the ground every play.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium