Spazerelli devastated not to be playing Stanford

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Spazerelli devastated not to be playing Stanford

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:46 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:Some of you people will look for ANYTHING to complain about. Spaz didn't say "I didn't think we would be in the BCS." He was mocking the low expectations that everyone outside BC had for the team this year.

Asked what he would have thought if someone told him in August that his team would meet USC in a bowl game, first-year BC coach Frank Spaziani let out a long laugh. “I would have said, ‘Man, you actually think we’re going to be in the BCS?’ ”

There are two contexts. Either Spaz is laughing because he thinks the idea that his team would make the BCS is ludicrous or he's laughing because he hadn't run into anyone from outside of BC who thought they were going to make it to the BCS. Either way - a shit ton too much dwelling on this. Ask yourself this - which is MORE LIKELY? Then move on.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:47 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:Some of you people will look for ANYTHING to complain about. Spaz didn't say "I didn't think we would be in the BCS." He was mocking the low expectations that everyone outside BC had for the team this year.

Asked what he would have thought if someone told him in August that his team would meet USC in a bowl game, first-year BC coach Frank Spaziani let out a long laugh. “I would have said, ‘Man, you actually think we’re going to be in the BCS?’ ”

In other words, someone from the future comes to Spaz and says BC will play USC in a bowl game this year. Spaz laughs at that visitor from the future because it Spaz assumes the question implies BC in the BCS (not that the question NEVER MENTIONED the BCS). And the Merrymen think that's awesome.

congrats. you have reached new retarded lows.

Show me where in the question was it asked of Spaz about the BCS.

Nowhere. HE WAS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IT UP.

If Skinner said something like this, would you brush it off as meaningless?

yes, because it is meaningless. You are an idiot. Spaz was (1) pointing out that USC is always in the BCS, so to play them in a bowl that's where it would likely be, and (2) mocking people's expectations of BC's chances of winning this year.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:48 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

In other words, someone from the future comes to Spaz and says BC will play USC in a bowl game this year. Spaz laughs at that visitor from the future because it Spaz assumes the question implies BC in the BCS (not that the question NEVER MENTIONED the BCS). And the Merrymen think that's awesome.

Talon - it was implied in the question because everyone knows USC has played in 7 straight BCS games and was preseason #4. Not that difficult. Just because it's possible that the context you're choosing is the truth doesn't mean it is.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:48 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:53 am

I just find it hysterical that same person who believes Dudley wanting to intern with a different college coach is an indictment of Al Skinner is telling someone else not to read too much into things.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:I just find it hysterical that same person who believes Dudley wanting to intern with a different college coach is an indictment of Al Skinner is telling someone else not to read too much into things.

True. But I think, as in most things, your personal interpretation has to do with how you view Spaz. If you view him as a fucktard, then it's easier to paint that comment into the fucktard corner. If you view him as lord and savior, then it's easy to laugh it off. If you're somewhere in between like me, then you might follow my interpretation:

I'd prefer he didn't make comments like that (Herzy's comment didn't leave room for that interpretation), but I think overall it's fairly harmless. Especially when you go back and see how many times he's stated that winning the ACC is always the goal. AND how he's always jokes around with the press.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:18 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:I just find it hysterical that same person who believes Dudley wanting to intern with a different college coach is an indictment of Al Skinner is telling someone else not to read too much into things.

True. But I think, as in most things, your personal interpretation has to do with how you view Spaz. If you view him as a fucktard, then it's easier to paint that comment into the fucktard corner. If you view him as lord and savior, then it's easy to laugh it off. If you're somewhere in between like me, then you might follow my interpretation:

I'd prefer he didn't make comments like that (Herzy's comment didn't leave room for that interpretation), but I think overall it's fairly harmless. Especially when you go back and see how many times he's stated that winning the ACC is always the goal. AND how he's always jokes around with the press.

Either way on how it's interpreted, Spaz missed an opportunity. College football is all about reputation and expectations. He had an opportunity to portray himself as someone who demands that BC be treated as a big deal in the ACC and he chose not to take that angle.

BC has been in the ACC for five seasons. They've finished in first or second in the division every single season. Since the ACC split into 2 divisions, BC is the winningest team in the Atlantic Division. They're the only team to win more than one Atlantic Division title. BC is relevant in the ACC and has been relevant every single year they've been a member. Someone at BC needs to remind the media that this is the case. One would think that the head coach would be just the guy to do it, but nope.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

yes, because it is meaningless. You are an idiot. Spaz was (1) pointing out that USC is always in the BCS, so to play them in a bowl that's where it would likely be, and (2) mocking people's expectations of BC's chances of winning this year.

I call bullshit on you, OJ. You tore Skinner apart on that quote regarding the 8 players and the other two not getting it. It was a quote that could have been interpreted in a couple of way yet you insisted that it was a stupid thing for Skinner to say despite several other quotes that would contradict that. You are worthless piece of shit.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:31 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Either way on how it's interpreted, Spaz missed an opportunity. College football is all about reputation and expectations. He had an opportunity to portray himself as someone who demands that BC be treated as a big deal in the ACC and he chose not to take that angle.

BC has been in the ACC for five seasons. They've finished in first or second in the division every single season. Since the ACC split into 2 divisions, BC is the winningest team in the Atlantic Division. They're the only team to win more than one Atlantic Division title. BC is relevant in the ACC and has been relevant every single year they've been a member. Someone at BC needs to remind the media that this is the case. One would think that the head coach would be just the guy to do it, but nope.

so now that you have been shown to be an idiot for interpreting the quote the way you did, you decide to go off in another direction and bash Spaz for something he DIDN'T say. Yeah, you're not on a witch hunt.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:33 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

so now that you have been shown to be an idiot for interpreting the quote the way you did, you decide to go off in another direction and bash Spaz for something he DIDN'T say. Yeah, you're not on a witch hunt.

How have I been shown an idiot?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Byrdcall J on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I'd prefer he didn't make comments like that (Herzy's comment didn't leave room for that interpretation), but I think overall it's fairly harmless. Especially when you go back and see how many times he's stated that winning the ACC is always the goal. AND how he's always jokes around with the press.

It is harmless in the sense that Spaz has and will continue to play up the perception that, on the national stage, BC is smalltime to his buddies in the media, so this one comment doesn't really mean anything in the long run.
Byrdcall J
Carney Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Byrdcall J {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I'd prefer he didn't make comments like that (Herzy's comment didn't leave room for that interpretation), but I think overall it's fairly harmless. Especially when you go back and see how many times he's stated that winning the ACC is always the goal. AND how he's always jokes around with the press.

It is harmless in the sense that Spaz has and will continue to play up the perception that, on the national stage, BC is smalltime to his buddies in the media, so this one comment doesn't really mean anything in the long run.

exalt
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC '00 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Wow, I really wish I hadn't bumped this up again. I'm with Pedro, and that was my point. It wasn't the best thing to say, and maybe he could have taken the opportunity to emphatically state that our goal is to be in the BCS every year, but it's really not a big deal. I think a recruit seeing that quote would think that Spaz seems like a nice guy with a sense of humor...which is what he is. He isn't a super-driven ultra-ambitious type, so we shouldn't expect him to be. We still need to give the guy a chance to see if he can take us to the next level.

So anyways, apologies for re-creating this forum...
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:41 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Byrdcall J {l Wrote}:

Actually, I knew it was a harmless quote all along. I just wanted to start up some of this shit because I miss Jags so much and he was just the best....coulnd't do anything wrong....God-like. I want to suck his dick
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Byrdcall J {l Wrote}:

Actually, I knew it was a harmless quote all along. I just wanted to start up some of this shit because I miss Jags so much and he was just the best....coulnd't do anything wrong....God-like. I want to suck his dick

The lesson for the day, from DominOJ:

Interpreting anything Spaziani says is a crime. Blowing everything Skinner says out of proportion is A-OK.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:54 pm

Byrdcall J {l Wrote}:

No, I'd rather him not say it in the sense that it can misinterpreted. It's harmless because it's most likely NOT him saying BC is smalltime because he often states the exact opposite in a straightforwar manner, although those who hate him will interpret it in a negative light to make their point. But thanks for misinterpreting me now.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Byrdcall J {l Wrote}:

i hate people that dont use blue font causing me to re-read shxt i've already read one before... or moonbats who cannot quote... etc.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Is Pedro Kato Kaelin?

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby MrAwesome on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:31 pm

Why don they just fire him? Really, why cant BC just fire Spaziani?? The man is an incompetent boob. He shouldnt speak to the newspaper because everything he says is so stupid. If he were to say "good morning" to someone as he was entering his office, even that would be stupid. The guy is stupid.
MrAwesome
Carney Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:37 pm

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:Why don they just fire him? Really, why cant BC just fire Spaziani?? The man is an incompetent boob. He shouldnt speak to the newspaper because everything he says is so stupid. If he were to say "good morning" to someone as he was entering his office, even that would be stupid. The guy is stupid.

Who said anything about firing spaz?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Is Pedro Kato Kaelin?

i would guess al cowlings

:bag

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:17 pm

I just saw this quote, Spaz is a defeatist.

:bag :bag
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Byrdcall J on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Byrdcall J {l Wrote}:

Pointing out that Spaz has consistently given cringe-worthy comments to the media has absolutely nothing to do with Jags. It's predictable that you would interpret my observations somehow as "Jags-luv." Pathetic, really.
Byrdcall J
Carney Hall

Postby Byrdcall J on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Byrdcall J {l Wrote}:

No, I'd rather him not say it in the sense that it can misinterpreted. It's harmless because it's most likely NOT him saying BC is smalltime because he often states the exact opposite in a straightforwar manner, although those who hate him will interpret it in a negative light to make their point. But thanks for misinterpreting me now.

I wasn't misinterpreting you. I understand where you're coming from but I have become more and more skeptical of Spaz throughout this season. He isn't beyond redemption but I think his PR needs a ton of work. For a hypothetical comparison, I'm trying to picture how Greg Schiano would answer the same question. There's no doubt in my mind that he wouldn't laugh it off like Spaz did with a joke about making the BCS.
Byrdcall J
Carney Hall

Postby Byrdcall J on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:55 pm

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:Why don they just fire him? Really, why cant BC just fire Spaziani?? The man is an incompetent boob. He shouldnt speak to the newspaper because everything he says is so stupid. If he were to say "good morning" to someone as he was entering his office, even that would be stupid. The guy is stupid.

I need some clarification. Has MrAwesome always been such a horrible poster?
Byrdcall J
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Byrdcall J {l Wrote}:
I wasn't misinterpreting you. I understand where you're coming from but I have become more and more skeptical of Spaz throughout this season. He isn't beyond redemption but I think his PR needs a ton of work.

This is exactly what I said above

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I'd prefer he didn't make comments like that (Herzy's comment didn't leave room for that interpretation)

so we agree.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:Asked what he would have thought if someone told him in August that his team would meet USC in a bowl game, first-year BC coach Frank Spaziani let out a long laugh. “I would have said, ‘Man, you actually think we’re going to be in the BCS?’ ”

:suicide

link

no one can be worse than frank spaziani
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:25 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:Asked what he would have thought if someone told him in August that his team would meet USC in a bowl game, first-year BC coach Frank Spaziani let out a long laugh. “I would have said, ‘Man, you actually think we’re going to be in the BCS?’ ”

:suicide

link

no one can be worse than frank spaziani

I see you are enjoying the search function.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium