Spazerelli devastated not to be playing Stanford

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Spazerelli devastated not to be playing Stanford

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:38 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Spazerelli devastated not to be playing Stanford

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Mods, please rename this thread and ban HOMJOS for 10 minutes. :quadlaser
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Asked what he would have thought if someone told him in August that his team would meet USC in a bowl game, first-year BC coach Frank Spaziani let out a long laugh. “I would have said, ‘Man, you actually think we’re going to be in the BCS?’ ”

:suicide

link
Last edited by EaglesTalon on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:50 pm

The mods are Nazis and Endless Bitterness is a Quisling.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Mods, please rename this thread and ban HOMJOS for 10 minutes. :quadlaser

I hope everyone now knows to read the author if they see some thread title..

HJS, just keep looking for shock factor. I know you can't help it.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:08 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:Asked what he would have thought if someone told him in August that his team would meet USC in a bowl game, first-year BC coach Frank Spaziani let out a long laugh. “I would have said, ‘Man, you actually think we’re going to be in the BCS?’ ”

link

Uggggghhh... Jags would have said that he expected to play USC but that he expected it to occur in the BCS Championship Game, not in the Emerald Bowl.

:popcorn
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:13 pm

I don't really care about what Jags would say. But I'm not really happy about the idea that BC's head coach would have a long laugh over the notion of BC winning the ACC.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:23 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:Asked what he would have thought if someone told him in August that his team would meet USC in a bowl game, first-year BC coach Frank Spaziani let out a long laugh. “I would have said, ‘Man, you actually think we’re going to be in the BCS?’ ”

link

You know I actually was going to exalt you for a pretty funny joke. Then noticed the small link. :bag
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle216 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Spaz' awe-shucks modest routine can only go so far. Can he show some balls every once in a while. 5 years is a pretty big sample size, and we have the best record of any Atlantic Division team. We should expect to be in the ACCCG every year, which is just one win from BCS. Yeah, we needed to start a new QB and lost some players on D. So what. Its college football, it happens to everyone. Most programs would have lost Herz to the NFL. Why can't he just say "Then that would have meant that we would have been playing them in the Orange Bowl as ACC champs, which is the goal of our team every year. I would not have been surprised because everything we do concerns making that bowl if the BCS title game is not achievable."
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:00 pm

link

Ughhhhhhhhh :whiteflag :gun
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:21 pm

That quote is annoying, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now considering in August, we still had no QB and had no idea what was going to happen at linebacker. If he continues to say these types of things going into next year, it will become an issue.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

link

Uggggghhh... Jags would have said that he expected to play USC but that he expected it to occur in the BCS Championship Game, not in the Emerald Bowl.

:popcorn

Cocksucker. Just a cocksucker.

I hate him as much as TOblunders0-13.

Everything I posted for 7 yeras is true. Spazoo is a fucking loser.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:58 pm

cue the image of the "this thread blows"...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:03 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:cue the image of the "this thread blows"...

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Byrdcall J on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Spaz is a fucking disgrace. There are a like 15 ways to answer that question seriously without invoking the "we are what we are" paradigm.

What is so funny about BC going to the BCS, Spaz? The real question should be who's the fool, Spaz, or us?

Disgustxiad.
Byrdcall J
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:my fear is that his response indicated that the alumni television screens have been altered to reflect "signal deafening turtle" with a techmo bowl baldwin taking a dump and reading the paper

i love signal deafening noise.

there, i said it.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC '00 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:36 am

All the bitter people on here bitching about Spaz's comment on what he would have said before the season if someone said we'd play USC in a bowl game should just calm down. I probably would have preferred that he said something like "Why would that be strange? We aim for the BCS every year, and so do they." But instead he played off the fact that the "experts" expected us to suck and them to be great. This wasn't waving the white flag...if anything it was a dig at the pundits.

Here is what Herzy said in yesterday's chat:

Andy (NYC)
I'm excited for this year's bowl game against USC. What is the feeling amongst the players? Thanks

Mark Herzlich (2:58 PM)
The players are really excited. The general feeling is that if you told us at the beginning of the season that we'd be playing a bowl game against USC, half of the country would have laughed at that. It's really going to be a statement game. If we pull off a win, it says a lot about our program.

Same concept...you gonna say that Herzy was waving the white flag too? Just calm down a little bit.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:41 am

BC '00 {l Wrote}:All the bitter people on here bitching about Spaz's comment on what he would have said before the season if someone said we'd play USC in a bowl game should just calm down. I probably would have preferred that he said something like "Why would that be strange? We aim for the BCS every year, and so do they." But instead he played off the fact that the "experts" expected us to suck and them to be great. This wasn't waving the white flag...if anything it was a dig at the pundits.

Andy (NYC)
I'm excited for this year's bowl game against USC. What is the feeling amongst the players? Thanks

The players are really excited. The general feeling is that if you told us at the beginning of the season that we'd be playing a bowl game against USC, half of the country would have laughed at that. It's really going to be a statement game. If we pull off a win, it says a lot about our program.

Same concept...you gonna say that Herzy was waving the white flag too? Just calm down a little bit.

I think Herzlich had the common sense to phrase it as if it's everybody else in the world that had low expectations. Spaz phrased it as if he was among the people that had low expectations.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:42 am

BC '00 {l Wrote}: Just calm down a little bit.

ok
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BC '00 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:43 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:All the bitter people on here bitching about Spaz's comment on what he would have said before the season if someone said we'd play USC in a bowl game should just calm down. I probably would have preferred that he said something like "Why would that be strange? We aim for the BCS every year, and so do they." But instead he played off the fact that the "experts" expected us to suck and them to be great. This wasn't waving the white flag...if anything it was a dig at the pundits.

Andy (NYC)

I think Herzlich had the common sense to phrase it as if it's everybody else in the world that had low expectations. Spaz phrased it as if he was among the people that had low expectations.

Right, it could have been done a bit better, but nothing to get all riled up about. The jury's still out whether he's the right guy, but he's far from a disgrace or retard or fucktard or whatever else he's been called in this thread...at least just based on this one quote. In my opinion.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:51 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

Andy (NYC)

Bingo. Herzy knew everyone else was full of shit. Coach Sadface actually believed them.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:10 am

mods please move this thread to the trash can

pretty please? :lol:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle216 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:16 am

How can you equate Herzy's comment with Spaz'. Herzy was saying the country would have been surprised. Spaz, on the other hand, was speaking as to his surprise.

Herzy: "the country never would have believed it"
Spaz" "we would not have believed it"

When is Spaz going to get it into his thick head that we are the alpha dog in the Atlantic Division. Not Clemson and not Free Shoes. Its us. Act like it. And we need to be more verbal about it than others might be, because the college football world just assumes Clemson and FSU own the Atlantic. Every chance Spaz gets he should remind everyone that we own this division, and that Clemson just temporarily took our crown. Recruits, fans, boosters and the press are listening.

He should have gotten in that guys grill and said "would you have asked the same question of Clemson's coach? Of FSU's coach? Of course you wouldn't have. Well you know what, we have won more games and division championships in the five years we have been in the ACC than both those programs. People have to start getting used to use and the USCs in the same sentence because that is the way its going to be for a long time.

Can't we bring Jags back as a figure head coach.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:22 am

eagle216 {l Wrote}:How can you equate Herzy's comment with Spaz'. Herzy was saying the country would have been surprised. Spaz, on the other hand, was speaking as to his surprise.

When is Spaz going to get it into his thick head that we are the alpha dog in the Atlantic Division. Not Clemson and not Free Shoes. Its us. Act like it. And we need to be more verbal about it than others might be, because the college football world just assumes Clemson and FSU own the Atlantic. Every chance Spaz gets he should remind everyone that we own this division, and that Clemson just temporarily took our crown. Recruits, fans, boosters and the press are listening.

He should have gotten in that guys grill and said "would you have asked the same question of Clemson's coach? Of FSU's coach? Of course you wouldn't have. Well you know what, we have won more games and division championships in the five years we have been in the ACC than both those programs. People have to start getting used to use and the USCs in the same sentence because that is the way its going to be for a long time.

Are you the love child of 81 and IB?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:23 am

Some of you people will look for ANYTHING to complain about. Spaz didn't say "I didn't think we would be in the BCS." He was mocking the low expectations that everyone outside BC had for the team this year.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:27 am

Byrdcall J {l Wrote}:Spaz is a fucking disgrace. There are a like 15 ways to answer that question seriously without invoking the "we are what we are" paradigm.

What is so funny about BC going to the BCS, Spaz? The real question should be who's the fool, Spaz, or us?

Disgustxiad.

Yes. Put me down for the Birdman of the Towers calling out Spazoo.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:27 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Some of you people will look for ANYTHING to complain about. Spaz didn't say "I didn't think we would be in the BCS." He was mocking the low expectations that everyone outside BC had for the team this year.

Asked what he would have thought if someone told him in August that his team would meet USC in a bowl game, first-year BC coach Frank Spaziani let out a long laugh. “I would have said, ‘Man, you actually think we’re going to be in the BCS?’ ”

In other words, someone from the future comes to Spaz and says BC will play USC in a bowl game this year. Spaz laughs at that visitor from the future because it Spaz assumes the question implies BC in the BCS (not that the question NEVER MENTIONED the BCS). And the Merrymen think that's awesome.
Last edited by EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:29 am

eagle216 {l Wrote}:How can you equate Herzy's comment with Spaz'. Herzy was saying the country would have been surprised. Spaz, on the other hand, was speaking as to his surprise.

Coach need some swaggah!
Last edited by pick6pedro on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:34 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:Some of you people will look for ANYTHING to complain about. Spaz didn't say "I didn't think we would be in the BCS." He was mocking the low expectations that everyone outside BC had for the team this year.

In other words, someone from the future comes to Spaz and says BC will play USC in a bowl game this year. Spaz laughs at that visitor from the future because it Spaz assumes the question implies BC in the BCS (not that the question NEVER MENTIONED the BCS). And the Merrymen think that's awesome.

congrats. you have reached new retarded lows.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:41 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

congrats. you have reached new retarded lows.

Show me where in the question was it asked of Spaz about the BCS.

Nowhere. HE WAS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IT UP.

If Skinner said something like this, would you brush it off as meaningless?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium