All BC Players in the NFL

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

All BC Players in the NFL

Postby MoMoneyBC on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Thought this might be interesting http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/acc-in-the-nfl-0

Boston College (20)
Josh Beekman, G, Chicago
Will Blackmon, CB, Green Bay
Ron Brace, DT, New England
Ricky Brown, LB, Oakland
Tim Bulman, DT, Houston
Gosder Cherlius, T, Detroit
x-Marc Colombo, T, Dallas
Jo-Lonn Dunbar, LB, New Orleans
x-Matt Hasselbeck, QB, Seattle
x-Chris Hovan, DT, Tampa Bay
Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, N.Y. Giants
x-Dan Koppen, C, New England
B.J. Raji, DT, Green Bay
Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta
Sean Ryan, TE, Kansas City
x-Brian St. Pierre, QB, Arizona
Jamie Sliva, S, Indianapolis
x-Chris Snee, G, N.Y. Giants
Jeremy Trueblood, T, Tampa Bay
x-Damien Woody, T, N.Y. Jets
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Re: All BC Players in the NFL

Postby shockdoct on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 pm

BC...
Thu, 09/10/2009 - 09:57 — izzykareem
Almost all (if not all) of BC's players were coached of course by NCState coaches.

Did these people watch the game last week? My lord :toby
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:50 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
BC...
Almost all (if not all) of BC's players were coached of course by NCState coaches.

Same brilliant Coaching staff that insited in starting Quiton Porter over matt Ryan
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:08 am

Purvis is on Tampa's PS. What is the "x"?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Purvis is on Tampa's PS. What is the "x"?

guys from BC (and Miami and VT) who never played in the ACC.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:16 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
BC...

When you make a poor choice, you'll go through great lengths to rationalize it as a good one, no matter how glaring reality is shining in your eyes
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:34 am

Vinny Ciurciu is on the Patriots.
Last edited by Endless Mike on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:43 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Vinny Ciurciu is on the Patriots.

cut
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:35 am

When Tennant is drafted this year, will JP Giglio write "Imagine how much higher he would've gone if TOB was still the coach at BC? Toby had the foresight to switch him to Tight End, where he undoubtedly would be making more money as a Top 10 pick."

I am actually kinda shocked at how few guys we have in the NFL. The funny thing is that every single one of them contributes except the Saint. Which means, we really aren't fattening up our numbers with guys who sit on the bench.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:47 am

7 OL, 5 DL and 3 QB.

The number will get higher over the next few years as we continue to improve the speed and the skill positions. Linemen will continue, but I think we have some RBs and WRs and DBs that will play in the league.

Early returns, I'd say Tennant, Castonzo, Claiborne, Harris, Gunnell, Davis, Bowman, McLaughlin, Scaife are all likely to be drafted/sniff practice squads.

Jury is still out on Larmond, Lee, Fletcher, Davis(B), ONeal, Pantale, Cleary and a few others that seem to have the size and or speed for the NFL.

A few others need to gain weight before they can even think about it. Haden and Kuechly leap to mind.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MrAwesome on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:50 am

Dont you think size alone would get Rich Lapham into the NFL??
MrAwesome
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 am

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:Dont you think size alone would get Rich Lapham into the NFL??

He should be on the second list, as should Thompson, who has the size and speed but we haven't really seen him play yet. There are a lot of guys at BC now that have NFL size and or speed that are just too young to judge at this point. Okoroha is another. I suspect that with the speed and height back there, and Coach Loco, safety may be a position where there are several BC alums in the NFL in 4-5 years.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:7 OL, 5 DL and 3 QB.

The number will get higher over the next few years as we continue to improve the speed and the skill positions. Linemen will continue, but I think we have some RBs and WRs and DBs that will play in the league.

Early returns, I'd say Tennant, Castonzo, Claiborne, Harris, Gunnell, Davis, Bowman, McLaughlin, Scaife are all likely to be drafted/sniff practice squads.

Jury is still out on Larmond, Lee, Fletcher, Davis(B), ONeal, Pantale, Cleary and a few others that seem to have the size and or speed for the NFL.

A few others need to gain weight before they can even think about it. Haden and Kuechly leap to mind.

Is Gunnell really going to be the WR that breaks through or just another good college WR that doesn't translate to the NFL (Robinson, Gonzalez, etc)
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:49 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:7 OL, 5 DL and 3 QB.

Is Gunnell really going to be the WR that breaks through or just another good college WR that doesn't translate to the NFL (Robinson, Gonzalez, etc)

He's much more athletic than Robinson and Gonzo. I'm not sure he will "break through" but he will get a sniff from some teams.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Lapham needs to drastically improve his play if he wants to be in the NFL. Clif Ramsey was huge and all conference and didn't get drafted. Marten was huge and all conference and drafted and is still on practice squads.

Of the current guys you have to like Momah's chances if he stays healthy and gets better. He has the ideal NFL WR body.

You have to be impressed with the number of BC guys that weren't drafted but have created nice NFL careers.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium