shinskie

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

shinskie

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:43 pm

“I’ve got to wipe that game out of my system and come out and play the best game I’ve had all year I think,” Shinskie said yesterday. “I’ve got to focus on not throwing interceptions, maybe throwing more to my checkdowns and not trying to force the ball. All year, (offensive coordinator Gary Tranquill) has been on my butt about doing that and I’ve got to show them that I’m growing as the season goes on. I have to make some strides in this game.”

(from the herald)
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: shinskie

Postby BCFAN94 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:46 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:“I’ve got to wipe that game out of my system and come out and play the best game I’ve had all year I think,” Shinskie said yesterday. “I’ve got to focus on not throwing interceptions, maybe throwing more to my checkdowns and not trying to force the ball. All year, (offensive coordinator Gary Tranquill) has been on my butt about doing that and I’ve got to show them that I’m growing as the season goes on. I have to make some strides in this game.”

(from the herald)

Problem is he won't. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Dave, you are a professional adult athlete, enough of the what you should be doing and do it, forget the try to, maybes, do it and shut up.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:53 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:“I’ve got to wipe that game out of my system and come out and play the best game I’ve had all year I think,” Shinskie said yesterday. “I’ve got to focus on not throwing interceptions, maybe throwing more to my checkdowns and not trying to force the ball. All year, (offensive coordinator Gary Tranquill) has been on my butt about doing that and I’ve got to show them that I’m growing as the season goes on. I have to make some strides in this game.”

(from the herald)

Problem is he won't. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Dave, you are a professional adult athlete, enough of the what you should be doing and do it, forget the try to, maybes, do it and shut up.

It's pretty sad that people identified this problem in those first two games when he rotated in yet he still suffers from the same ills.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:59 pm

No Raji, No Brace, and no Herzlich, we knew that this was going to be a more difficult season and a 3rd Atlantic Division crown was unlikely (30% shot at best.) However, we also know that Andre Ware was smoking crack with his 2-10 prediction, fuck him. We didn't have a QB in 2008 and found a way to get to Tampa. Anything was possible in 2009, anything of course other than a 2-10 season.

We will see dramatic improvement in David Shinskie next year. Professional athlete or not, this was his frosh year at QB. And this isn't just college football, this is BCS level, just a baby maker-hair shy of professional football (that is why so many of these guys are redshirted.) Shinskie is just now getting his glass-baseball-jaw in BCS shape. He is not carved out of wood yet the way Ryan was in 2007. That only comes with football experience. He'll get there. Remember, Ryan didn't exactly set the world afire as a redshirt frosh vs Syracuse back in 2004.

It's pretty sad that people identified this problem in those first two games when he rotated in yet he still suffers from the same ills.

It is not the same ills. In the first two games, Shinskie wasn't hitting Gunnel or Jarvis anywhere near as accurately as we've seen him do since he was named the starter. He wasn't slinging it downfield vs Northeastern the way we saw him do it at South Bend, Indiana. If he did sling it downfield those first couple games, he would have been named the starter vs Clemson.

His current ills are fumbles via sack and pick-6es by way of happy feet. That stops ONLY with game day experience. The jaw is still pitcher glass, not QB wood. It appears it takes at least one season to carve that wood.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:00 pm

(from the herald)

Yeah, if you hit the checkdowns in stead of forcing it we would have neat Notre Dame. I don't want to hear your excuses.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium