Former Local Recruit ...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Former Local Recruit ...

Postby NEUBCfan on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Chris Marinelli from BC High looks like he is having a hell of a season. He is the #2 OL in Rivals rankings. This is the first time that I have seen his name since he recruitment. It is nice to see a local kid doing well.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp
NEUBCfan
n00b

Re: Former Local Recruit ...

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:13 am

NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:Chris Marinelli from BC High looks like he is having a hell of a season. He is the #2 OL in Rivals rankings. This is the first time that I have seen his name since he recruitment. It is nice to see a local kid doing well.

Nice to see a kid doing well???? I hope he gets his knee blown out. This is the NURSE!!! This is the kid who said something like "I want to be a doctor. You can't be a doctor if you go to BC. The best you can do is major in nursing." Eff this kid.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC14Texas13 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 am

local kid James McGillicuddy has also had a nice career in Palo Alto
BC14Texas13
n00b

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:32 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:Chris Marinelli from BC High looks like he is having a hell of a season. He is the #2 OL in Rivals rankings. This is the first time that I have seen his name since he recruitment. It is nice to see a local kid doing well.

Nice to see a kid doing well???? I hope he gets his knee blown out. This is the NURSE!!! This is the kid who said something like "I want to be a doctor. You can't be a doctor if you go to BC. The best you can do is major in nursing." Eff this kid.

What a dumbass. I knew plenty of pre-med students at BC. They went onto great med schools after undergrad.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:44 am

Most of my friends were pre-med and are all doing pretty well for themselves now. Hopefully he'll get some sense knocked into him. High school kids are idiots.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleMD on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:14 pm

BC has a great pre-med program. Of course this pales in comparison to a degree from the BC School of Medicine and Engineering. Only the truly gifted have the privallege of studying at that storied institution.
EagleMD
n00b

Postby NEUBCfan on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:08 pm

I think that I get this logic but help me out if you could. As an 18 year old kid, he took his major into consideration during his athletic recruitment and you are bitter about him choosing Stanford over BC, which both have strong programs for that particular line of study. As a BC fan, should I also wish injury upon him? Am I less of a fan if I don't? If I create a voodoo doll of him and poke needles in the joints and head, can we hang out at a tailgate sometime?
NEUBCfan
n00b

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:13 pm

NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:I think that I get this logic but help me out if you could. As an 18 year old kid, he took his major into consideration during his athletic recruitment and you are bitter about him choosing Stanford over BC, which both have strong programs for that particular line of study. As a BC fan, should I also wish injury upon him? Am I less of a fan if I don't? If I create a voodoo doll of him and poke needles in the joints and head, can we hang out at a tailgate sometime?

I didn't know who he was before you started this thread, so there goes that bitterness thing. But if the kid publicly dissed BC, why should I be rooting for him to do well at Stanford? Just because he's from the same geographic region as me?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 pm

NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:As an 18 year old kid, he took his major into consideration during his athletic recruitment and you are bitter about him choosing Stanford over BC, which both have strong programs for that particular line of study.

So... you are in agreement that you can't get into Med School by going to BC... the closest you can get is becoming a Nurse.

Thanks for posting.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglefanhilbillyland on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:51 pm

pretty sure there was at least one dr over on the zander site don't know if any joined during the pilgramage
eaglefanhilbillyland
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:41 pm

eaglefanhilbillyland {l Wrote}:pretty sure there was at least one dr over on the zander site don't know if any joined during the pilgramage

Kimmymd is here.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Second Round Skinner on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Although I don't necessarily wish that his knee gets blown out, his comment is still insulting. I would guess that a recruiter at Stanford must have instilled this nonsense in his head. BC has a fine pre-med program and I have had many friends move on to top med schools/residencies.
Second Round Skinner
n00b

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 pm

For all the talk on here about the advantages of picking BC over the factories, I don't see how we can trash a kid for picking one of the very few D1A football schools whose academics are actually superior to BC's.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby OmariWalker on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:25 pm

... and from his comments about ND last year I think it's pretty safe to say he does not think before he talks. But he made a decision that I do not think any one of us can trash. It is not like he went to Georgia. Marinelli is a good kid who busted his ass so it is good to see him doing well. It's just a shame it's not in a BC uniform.
OmariWalker
Carney Hall

Postby Second Round Skinner on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:18 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:For all the talk on here about the advantages of picking BC over the factories, I don't see how we can trash a kid for picking one of the very few D1A football schools whose academics are actually superior to BC's.

I absolutely agree that Stanford is an excellent school, no doubt about it. But to say that the best he can do at BC is become a nurse...that's just a completely baseless opinion. I can't trash anyone for picking a school like Stanford over BC, but I have no problem trashing a kid who makes idiotic statements. Chances are...he never had a real chance at becoming a physician anyways...
Second Round Skinner
n00b

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Any Northeastern players going BC's way??
bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium