Does TOB's move signal staff changes

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Does TOB's move signal staff changes

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:59 am

TOB is bringing in current Tufts OC and former BC GA Jay Civetti to help out while Bible is gone and potentially call plays. That's got to be a slap in the face to Horton/Bridge and Swepson. I wonder if you'll see any of them bolt after the season. Bridge and Swepson could probably get good offers elsewhere.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Does TOB's move signal staff changes

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Tufts????
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:30 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Tufts????

Exactly. Sure, he has called plays, but D3 level. It is a very tough situation and I imagine they will do some sort of collaborative thing but regardless, I wonder if some of TOB's guys will jump ship. Bridge was considered for our OL spot.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:06 pm

Tufts has a football team?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby vanderslice on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:23 pm

I would highly doubt Jay is going to call any plays. He was a GA at BC in '05 and at NC St. so he knows the system, which is probably why he is brought in on short notice. I would guess Swepson or even TOB would call the plays and Civetti is going to help coach up the WR's/QB's because they have no position coach to help out. It would be almost impossible the last week of the season to find a replacement coach who is 1) not in season 2)available for a temp basis and 3) knows the staff and offense already.
vanderslice
n00b

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:30 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:TOB is bringing in current Tufts OC and former BC GA Jay Civetti to help out while Bible is gone and potentially call plays. That's got to be a slap in the face to Horton/Bridge and Swepson. I wonder if you'll see any of them bolt after the season. Bridge and Swepson could probably get good offers elsewhere.

Where does it say that Civetti will be the OC???? TOB is allowed to bring in another assistant since Bible is out. Here, it sounds like Swep will be sitting in the booth again (like last week) and Civetti is coming in to help with the WRs and QBs (Bible was the OC, WR and QB coach).
BTW, Civetti was also a GA with the Wolfpack. So, the players are probably familiar with him.
http://www.gopack.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... ID=1147427
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Just saw that vanderslice posted the same thing...

I DEMAND THAT SHOCKDOCT EDITS THIS HEADER LIKE HE DID MINE REGARDING RETTIG!!!!
ATL's post is just as misleading as anything I wrote on Sunday. Unless, of course, TRE is posting as ATL again... in which case... a GOTCHA is in order.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby vanderslice on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:40 pm

would think if anybody goes, it would have to be Archer. Could Willis be the guy to replace him? In any event, here's hoping Dana recovers and is back in the box next year.
vanderslice
n00b

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Wow, come to think of it, TOB's staff really fucking blows. Epically. Comically. All of them. The sad thing is, they used to be our staff.

What's even more sad is that he managed to leave behind the only redeeming parts of the prior BC staff, Guvs and Spaz, and instead filled his DC position with Archer. Archer is undoubtedly even more incompetent than their offensive staff, whose performance this year has been Tranq-like (mediocre yet well above historical precedent). Incidentally, the abominable job-performance by Archer (whom I doubt TOBy will go down for) will likely provide O'Hen a scapegoat, which he will use to save his job for another year or two.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Just saw that vanderslice posted the same thing...

ATL's post is just as misleading as anything I wrote on Sunday. Unless, of course, TRE is posting as ATL again... in which case... a GOTCHA is in order.

I hope you just forgot the red font on that one....

Does TOB's move signal staff changes (a question) vs Chase Rettig a Florida Gator (a statement). Good effort.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:59 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Exactly. Sure, he has called plays, but D3 level. It is a very tough situation and I imagine they will do some sort of collaborative thing but regardless, I wonder if some of TOB's guys will jump ship. Bridge was considered for our OL spot.

Very inflammatory and misleading. Whatever I still say bet that whoever is not calling plays between Bridge and Swepson will leave.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:01 pm

You don't see the difference between a question and statement?

hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:10 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Very inflammatory and misleading. Whatever I still say bet that whoever is not calling plays between Bridge and Swepson will leave.

Is this HOMOJS' yard?

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:11 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

You don't see the difference between a question and statement?

No.

I almost a heart attack reading that heading on an internet message boards. I demand standards on the definitiveness of all statements made here.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglefanhilbillyland on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:19 pm

A ????? is the difference...There is none in either headline i defer to the board judge for a judgement???
eaglefanhilbillyland
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

eaglefanhilbillyland {l Wrote}:A ????? is the difference...There is none in either headline i defer to the board judge for a judgement???

you have to read it with the inflection at the end.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby B0ard Judge on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:30 pm

eaglefanhilbillyland {l Wrote}:A ????? is the difference...There is none in either headline i defer to the board judge for a judgement???

Given that HJS' comment "I almost a heart attack reading that heading on an internet message boards. I demand standards on the definitiveness of all statements made here" is a meek attempt at sarcasm (sans red font), I hereby hold him in contempt. I will allow ATL's headline, but will keep him on a short leash (no homo).
I am not their judge. I am their judgment. I am their Executioner.
B0ard Judge
n00b

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:13 pm

B0ard Judge {l Wrote}:

Given that HJS' comment "I almost a heart attack reading that heading on an internet message boards. I demand standards on the definitiveness of all statements made here" is a meek attempt at sarcasm (sans red font), I hereby hold him in contempt. I will allow ATL's headline, but will keep him on a short leash (no homo).

you're not the real BoardJudge!! :lame
Last edited by hansen on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium