Tampa fires another coordinator

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Tampa fires another coordinator

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:22 am

This time the DC. Probably helps Jags' cause.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Tampa fires another coordinator

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:47 am

How did this guy Raheem Morris ever become a head coach in the NFL? The Bucs are pathetic.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:58 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:This time the DC. Probably helps Jags' cause.

On the surface, it always looked like Jags was a victim of a bad organization. But even as TB falls apart, I still have a hard time with saying it makes him look any better in the situation. He took the position knowing the situation. He was semi-publically accused of incompetence and undermining the HC's authority just off of a really bad decision to end up on the wrong side of an ultimatum with his previous employer. He never defended himself nor did anyone else come to his defense. I think even when Tampa Bay completely falls on their face, Jags is still damaged goods. He is a case study in what not to do in bad situations.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:41 am

Granted Tampa sucks, but I can't imagine any scenario in which being fired BEFORE the season can make you look good.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:58 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}: Jags is still damaged goods.

I agree he is damaged goods. A year ago his job prospects were head coach at a BCS factory or NFL. Now he has to hope to get another OC job at the NFL level or take over a bad situation somewhere in college (Louisville, Central Florida, etc.).

I think not talking to the media helps too. He would have looked like a jerk if he had whined Charlie Weis style. Now Gene won't blackball him at certain college jobs. i.e. Gene probably wouldn't get in his way at Louisville, but would stab him in the back if he got in the mix for UConn.

At the end of the day, Raheem Morris did Gene a huge favor. 1. He hired Jags and relieved BC of most of his buyout. 2. He made Jags look even worse.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:00 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:This time the DC. Probably helps Jags' cause.

We had this thread and Eagledumbcunt was so obnoxious.

Jags knew this was a bad bad team and said the best Qb was Josh and make him start like Flacco, Ryan and Stafford.

This kid missed 7 games of experience and unlike Detroit missed flashs of maturation.

Stafford showed treu grit and balls after that hit and yanked Culpepper out and threw a TD.

That is why Jags wanted Josh and Jags was fired and Raheem was an NFL shocker on he wasn't on anyone's radar screen in the NFL as per ESPN.

Raheem also does not carry the $5M price tag.

Jags was smarter then most knew.

I can see why more each day why GDF is a egomanic and was jealous and the grandstand ultimatum with the Jets deal.

If someon offered you a job for $3.5 for 4 years over $1M or less or more, would you interview???

Please, GDF is a mook.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:08 am

The defense has been awful and Bates was demoted so Rah can call plays until next year when he moves to DC and we hire a real head coach.

Or so I'd like to think.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:35 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The defense has been awful and Bates was demoted so Rah can call plays until next year when he moves to DC and we hire a real head coach.

Or so I'd like to think.

Are you talking about Tampa or BC? :spaz2
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:40 am

Is Logan still with the Bucs?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:49 am

Logan is still with Tampa. My non Jags connected tipster from Tampa says that Morris is way in over his head, good with the players, bad with his fellow coaches, and is hitting the bottle hard.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:20 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Logan is still with Tampa. My non Jags connected tipster from Tampa says that Morris is way in over his head, good with the players, bad with his fellow coaches, and is hitting the bottle hard.

Old English Malt Liquor and Pirate Buc rum will not help.

Affirmative NFL influence gone mad by pushing Tampa to Raheem.

So many many other highly qualified minorities and black star coaches and assistants in the NFL and Tampa picks this assclown and caves in?

Sad. The day Jags was fired didn't one guy say he would be a great head Coach somewhere?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby TampaDoubleEagle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:23 pm

Raheem got the job because he is cheap. Check out the Bucs' payroll. See how far they are under the cap. Check out their coaching payroll. Compare it to other NFL teams.

The Glazers have decided to go low-budget on the Bucs, presumably because they need to funnel more of their money to pay for and run Man U.

Just wait 'til you see what they do next year in the un-capped year. Un-capped doesn't just mean no ceiling -- it means no floor either.
TampaDoubleEagle
Carney Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:so does your love for jags simply transfer transitively to logan or do you love logan outright too?

I actually like Logan more than I like Jags. In fact when it looked like Logan might end up as our coach last year, I was pretty happy.

After the halfhearted search, my preference for internal hires would have been

1. Logan
2. Bicknell JR
3. Day
4. Bicknell SR
5. Gene D
6. John D
7. Jerry York
8. Baldwin
9. Father Leahy
10. Prof Heineman
11. Spaz
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:19 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:so does your love for jags simply transfer transitively to logan or do you love logan outright too?

I actually like Logan more than I like Jags. In fact when it looked like Logan might end up as our coach last year, I was pretty happy.

1. Logan
2. Bicknell JR
3. Day
4. Bicknell SR
5. Gene D
6. John D
7. Jerry York
8. Baldwin
9. Father Leahy
10. Prof Heineman
11. Spaz

i'm 100% certain that Coach York could outcoach "Coach Flip" in football...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:20 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

1. Logan
2. Bicknell JR
3. Day
4. Bicknell SR
5. Gene D
6. John D
7. Jerry York
8. Baldwin
9. Father Leahy
10. Prof Heineman
11. Spaz

Wow, you've become an angry dude - this sounds more like the fake Atlanta than the real one...a sort of mini-HJS.

I thought Logan was massively overrated.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:23 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

1. Logan
2. Bicknell JR
3. Day
4. Bicknell SR
5. Gene D
6. John D
7. Jerry York
8. Baldwin
9. Father Leahy
10. Prof Heineman
11. The employee at the Rat who slams his cart into everyone.
12. Spaz
13. Flutie

Fixed
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:57 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

1. Logan
2. Bicknell JR
3. Day
4. Bicknell SR
5. Gene D
6. John D
7. Jerry York
8. Baldwin
9. Father Leahy
10. Prof Heineman
12. Spaz
13. Flutie

Fixed

i was always a little concerned about that guy. he always seemed just a little too angry.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BigPete on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Heineman would have lead a fiery Eagle Youth across the quad to demand a vote of no confidence in Gene. I would have been stomping along behind him happily.

EagleDom, you are such a fucking douchebag.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Does EagleDom still deny posting as OJ1969?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:41 pm

I am in agreement with ATL on this. I always liked Logan more than Jags. Hell... the only reason I really liked the Jags hire in the first place was because he brought Logan with him.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:57 pm

If Jags took a shit, after going to the Indian Buffet, and they hermetically sealed it in a jar and they extracted one brain cell from a NASA testing lab today, I would rather have that one fucking brain cell than the entire Puscadore Collection Series of TOBlunders0-13, Spazoo, McGoo, Topoo, Dogdoo, Voodoo, Cockadoodledoo, and the rest of the staff Assclowns we have-- as my Head Coach.

In 2007, after being 8-0 and in the Show, Jags was stuck with back to back the total defensive lapses and coverages and schemes by our incompetent assclown DC Spaz, ------who in the FSU and MD Games --where no blitzing and rushing 3----FSU's Weatherford sliced us to ribbons underneath and then the Terps QB boiled Spaz in oil the next game.
Spazoo was a human pizza fritta after the Terp debacle.

Jags took us at least to the Promised Land for a few weeks and we were BC proud.

Jags then won with Chris Crane, who would never ne given a shot gun to hunt with or the whole party would be picking buckshot outtatheir asses!

Do you remember?

I remember.

Fuck GDF.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:58 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

1. Logan
2. Bicknell JR
3. Day
4. Bicknell SR
5. Gene D
6. John D
7. Jerry York
8. Baldwin
9. Father Leahy
10. Prof Heineman
12. Spaz
13. Flutie

Fixed

i was always a little concerned about that guy. he always seemed just a little too angry.

Agreed. He was a tad aggressive for a job around people.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby h2o on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:38 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I am in agreement with ATL on this. I always liked Logan more than Jags. Hell... the only reason I really liked the Jags hire in the first place was because he brought Logan with him.

So you never liked Jiggsie. I knew it.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby Chicken Patties on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:49 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

1. Logan
2. Bicknell JR
3. Day
4. Bicknell SR
5. Gene D
6. John D
7. Jerry York
8. Baldwin
9. Father Leahy
10. Prof Heineman
11. Spaz

Heineman is the man. He wouldn't have been kicking field goals down 21.
Chicken Patties
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:07 am

h2o {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I am in agreement with ATL on this. I always liked Logan more than Jags. Hell... the only reason I really liked the Jags hire in the first place was because he brought Logan with him.

I liked Jags. I thought he was a good front man and did a good job motivating the team. However, I always knew the Xs and Os (i.e. the men behind the curtain) were Spaz and Logan. I would not have cared one little bit if Jags was canned and Logan was promoted (like what was initially reported by ESPN on that fateful evening as we were beating UNC).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:23 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:

I liked Jags. I thought he was a good front man and did a good job motivating the team. However, I always knew the Xs and Os (i.e. the men behind the curtain) were Spaz and Logan. I would not have cared one little bit if Jags was canned and Logan was promoted (like what was initially reported by ESPN on that fateful evening as we were beating UNC).

Let's face it: Jags was and is a raging dickhead. This is a fact that that is often revised out of the history of the coaching change. But, the Jags/Spaz/Logan combination was pretty much a dream-team for BC, and it's a dAmn shame that it couldn't last. Bottom line, the program was stronger upon Jags' departure than it was on his arrival.

Spaz has no excuses not to be in the 10-11 win range multiple times over the next four or five years, when the 2008 talent matures (no homo), and when he is able to fill in the few but obvious holes in the roster (QB, D-Line, WR to a lesser extent). Incidentally, offensive recruiting has been better this year than defensive recruiting. Also, 8 or 9 wins in a rebuilding year, with no QB, is pretty fricken good. That being said, year 1 was never make-or-break; judgment will occur based on what happens in years 2, 3, and 4.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:33 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:

Let's face it: Jags was and is a raging dickhead. This is a fact that that is often revised out of the history of the coaching change. But, the Jags/Spaz/Logan combination was pretty much a dream-team for BC, and it's a dAmn shame that it couldn't last. Bottom line, the program was stronger upon Jags' departure than it was on his arrival.

Spaz has no excuses not to be in the 10-11 win range multiple times over the next four or five years, when the 2008 talent matures (no homo), and when he is able to fill in the few but obvious holes in the roster (QB, D-Line, WR to a lesser extent). Incidentally, offensive recruiting has been better this year than defensive recruiting. Also, 8 or 9 wins in a rebuilding year, with no QB, is pretty fricken good. That being said, year 1 was never make-or-break; judgment will occur based on what happens in years 2, 3, and 4.

barring major injuries, anything less than an Atlantic division title next year is a disapointment.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:35 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:

barring major injuries, anything less than an Atlantic division title next year is a disapointment.

I'm not sure that 1 year is a fair amount of time to give :spaz2 to find a QB out of nowhere, but I largely agree. 6-2 in conference is the expectation.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:

Agreed with every thing you wrote.

Two small quibbles...
1. I hate the way we have arrived at the 8 to 9 win level. We have lost to the only 3 good teams we played and had a WTF against ND. I also hate that our wins (especially those against UVA and WF) were of the "so frustrating that you are almost as mad as if we lost" variety. This gives me WAY too many flashbacks to the dark days of TOB.
2. We haven't arrived at the 8 to 9 win level yet. I have serious doubts about this weekend.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:44 am

HJS {l Wrote}:2. We haven't arrived at the 8 to 9 win level yet. I have serious doubts about this weekend.

You're right. I shouldn't have jinxed us. Then again, is there any difference between 7 wins or 8 wins? They're both Tob-eriffic, but not really terrible this year given the lack of a QB and the youth of the talent on the roster.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium