QB Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: QB Recruiting

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:39 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
What caused the friction between Jags and :spaz2 ?

I think a big part of it was Spaz wanted Jags job and Jags didn't trust Spaz and what Spaz was saying to Gene. But here is a little background

This is all under the bridge now so...

Also since the haters like to remind me, I know I live in ATL, I wasn't there for any of this, I am a JAGZluvr, etc...

A coaching staff as working environment is a mix of Office Space, Glengary Glenross and Animal House. There are cliques, ball busting, politics, stabbing in the back, ultra close friendships (since they spend so much time together), etc.

When Jags crew came in BC put up the out of towners in a house near upper for spring ball. None of their families were there yet. They were working hard put also hanging out at the house. This led to Loco, Logan, Jags, Day, Siravo, Sirmans, and Yano being close. It also led to the first problems with Turner. Turner and Jags didn't see eye to eye coaching wise or socially. When Turner blew up at the Flynn Fund practice Gene made his move. Since Bick JR had a falling out with Turner at La Tech, he came in without thinking anything was up. (Also, he liked the idea of taking over BC when Jags left).

So while the guys are having a blast and "making football fun" Spaz was out of the loop and being Spaz. McGovern fit in with the new guys because that is his personality. From what I gather Commy is sort of a lone wolf and always did his own thing.

For most of 2007 Spaz was grumpy. He and Jags had a blow up after Maryland. Gene saved the day. Things were better with Spaz for most of 2008. I think Jags knew how to massage his ego a bit more and I think it is fun to coach a great D. Clearly Jags was thinking his next steps and I also think another key staff member was undermining him with Gene.

By the time Jags and Gene blew up, I don't think there was any ill will between Jags and Spaz. I think both had turned their focus to the AD.

If you were to ask Jags now what his biggest mistake was it was not picking his own staff at BC. With his own staff things like Spaz wouldn't have been a problem. However, we all know he wouldn't have gotten the jobs without agreeing to Spaz, McG, Siravo and Day.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:56 pm

I heard Spaz cut a fart in a meeting and Jags thought he did it to show him up and that's what started it. :spaz3
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:19 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
What caused the friction between Jags and :spaz2 ?

If you were to ask Jags now what his biggest mistake was it was not picking his own staff at BC. With his own staff things like Spaz wouldn't have been a problem. However, we all know he wouldn't have gotten the jobs without agreeing to Spaz, McG, Siravo and Day.

Interesting, since the staff he "didn't pick" finished top 5 in the country in D last year, almost outscored the offense, and led the team's HORRIBLE offense to an ACC title game.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:36 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I think QB is and was a problem but the blame game is lame. This is Spaz's team. Davis flunked out on his watch, he ran summer camp and jerked Tuggle around. The who deserves more blame with TOB or Jags leaves too many what ifs in the equation.

-- What if TOB stayed and Zach Frazier transfered to BC instead of UConn.
-- What if TOB stayed and Matt Simms decommits after Petrino leaves and signs with BC.
-- What if Jags wasn't fired and we signed Boyd.
-- What if Jags wasn't fired and we ran an offense to Tuggle's strengths

I could go on, at the end of the day, good or bad this is Spaz's team. He was here for all of the QB issues and knew what he was getting into.

Agreed. All the old merrymen posters here (bclou, eagle25, h2o) who hated Jags,
BTW, I love how the same Klansmen who hate Jags take such pleasure in beating on DD. First, Davis flunked out 100% during Spaz's watch. Second, Davis was the freaking choice of Spaz to be the starter this year. Once he lost him, they went flailing about and luckily landed Shinskie. If Dom Davis wasn't such a Gears of War superstar, Shinskie is warming the bench for Savage at Rutgers.

What the FUCK are you talking about? You're "unintentional comedy" is killing me! Quote where I said I hated Jags.

As a matter of fact, I am among the "Jags missers" and the "Fuck you Genes". I don't know where you get your information. Your ass, I'm guessing. You can't just say things about people because you don't like them.

As a matter of fact I was one of the few who said "give Dom Davis time and he could develop into a good QB."

You don't know what you're talking about.

I am also not an "old poster" at all. I'm 17 years old. If you think I've been here long enough to know what a "Merryman" is, then you are mistaken, as always.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:29 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I think QB is and was a problem but the blame game is lame. This is Spaz's team. Davis flunked out on his watch, he ran summer camp and jerked Tuggle around. The who deserves more blame with TOB or Jags leaves too many what ifs in the equation.

-- What if TOB stayed and Matt Simms decommits after Petrino leaves and signs with BC.

I could go on, at the end of the day, good or bad this is Spaz's team. He was here for all of the QB issues and knew what he was getting into.

BTW, I love how the same Klansmen who hate Jags take such pleasure in beating on DD. First, Davis flunked out 100% during Spaz's watch. Second, Davis was the freaking choice of Spaz to be the starter this year. Once he lost him, they went flailing about and luckily landed Shinskie. If Dom Davis wasn't such a Gears of War superstar, Shinskie is warming the bench for Savage at Rutgers.

What the FUCK are you talking about? You're "unintentional comedy" is killing me! Quote where I said I hated Jags.

As a matter of fact, I am among the "Jags missers" and the "Fuck you Genes". I don't know where you get your information. Your ass, I'm guessing. You can't just say things about people because you don't like them.

As a matter of fact I was one of the few who said "give Dom Davis time and he could develop into a good QB."

I am also not an "old poster" at all. I'm 17 years old. If you think I've been here long enough to know what a "Merryman" is, then you are mistaken, as always.

p.s. bceagle2525 likes bc football. SO THERE!!!!

p.p.s. HJS hates bc football. VIVA RUTGRES!!!
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby BCLou on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:43 pm

HJS {l Wrote}: Agreed. All the old merrymen posters here (bclou, eagle25, h2o) who hated Jags, never gave him the slightest pass for not being left with a single player in the backfield for his 2nd season. And yet... with no QB and true frosh RBs... Jags never bitched and moaned and coached that team to the ACCCG. A game which we would've probably won if the successful rehabilitation project they did on Crane wasn't cut short by a season-ending injury. Even then, he STILL won two games with the woefully unprepared Dom Davis.

I finally figured out that HJS stands for Hungry for Jags' Semen. You are a highlight reel idiot.

I may very well be old but I'm no merryman and never have been. TOB's lone contribution to the BC football program was putting the pieces back together after the Henning debacle. That's it.

I'm unhappy with the inconsistency of this team but it's still on track for 9 wins which I would consider a success. For a rookie head coach Spaz has done a reasonably good job to date and better than Toby would've done IMHO. Contrary to popular belief it's very possible to dislike TOB and be willing to give Spaz the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.
BCLou
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

HJS was just owned by a 17 year old. :lol:

i award you one exalt point.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:43 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:HJS was just owned by a 17 year old. :lol:

Really??? You think so? I was going to post the following... but decided against it as I was willing to the thread unsolicited personal attacks on me just fade off the board. But, since old pedo's like bclou like to keep bumping this thread, I will respond to the triumvirate of 25, h20 and lou.

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That's gold, Jerry! GOLD!!!

All I could think of while wading through that diatribe is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartman_Joins_NAMBLA
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:45 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Really??? You think so? I was going to post the following... but decided against it as I was willing to the thread unsolicited personal attacks on me just fade off the board. But, since old pedo's like bclou like to keep bumping this thread, I will respond to the triumvirate of 25, h20 and lou.

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

All I could think of while wading through that diatribe is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartman_Joins_NAMBLA

i miss seinfeld.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:13 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

i miss seinfeld.

if jags was on seinfeld would it make you double miss it or would the misses cancel each other out?

I Jags was on Seinfeld, he would've like Newman or Putty... always trying to find a way to spin himself off ala Joey and Friends.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:40 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

You haven't responded to me at all. You just pretended I was making "unintentional comedy" and said "THATS GOLD JERRY, GOLD." Right. You can pretend you're a mastermind and that you're luring me into some trap to make myself look bad, or you could admit you don't know anything about the shit you're spewing.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:43 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I get the feeling HomoJS like being "owned" by 17 year olds. High school boys are right up his alley.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I get the feeling HomoJS like being "owned" by 17 year olds. High school boys are right up his alley.

HomoJS =

The whole EA banning thing was a cover-up.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:55 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:HomoJS =

+1. I've never seen a poster get so defensive of a pedo. It must be him.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:12 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

HomoJS =

Exalt.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCLou on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

So calling someone a Klansman isn't an unsolicited personal attack?
BCLou
Carney Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium