New DC and OC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

New DC and OC

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:45 pm

How about Spaz goes after Tenuta? He will be looking for a job soon if not already. Spaz also needs to find an OC in the off-season. Can anyone think of any Non-BCS teams with a good OC that might want to step up to the BCS? How about the OC's at Boise, TCU, Nevada all of whom rank in the top 10 in total offense or the OC at Temple? These guys are putting up big points.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Re: New DC and OC

Postby apbc12 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:51 pm

If Tranq is gone the new OC will be an internal hire. I don't think we need a new DC, just a few adjustments in strategy (i.e. figure out how to get more pressure on the quarterback and ditch the cushion). McG, apart from the issues already mentioned, has earned his money this year.

Edit: I forgot, keep Jon Tenuta the fuck outta my alma mater. Perhaps the most overrated coach in college football.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:55 pm

I think Day will be the OC (wasn't Tranq just supposed to be a 1 year filler?), and I agree with apbc that all that is needed is a change in defensive strategy (although this is unlikely because Spaz dictates the schemes).
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:55 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:If Tranq is gone the new OC will be an internal hire. I don't think we need a new DC, just a few adjustments in strategy (i.e. figure out how to get more pressure on the quarterback and ditch the cushion). McG, apart from the issues already mentioned, has earned his money this year.

Edit: I forgot, keep Jon Tenuta the fuck outta my alma mater. Perhaps the most overrated coach in college football.

I've never thought Tenuta was as good as his rep either but he's pretty good. I can live with McG if he starts to blitz more but we absolutely need an OC/QB coach that can teach Uncle Dave and Rettig.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:15 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:If Tranq is gone the new OC will be an internal hire. I don't think we need a new DC, just a few adjustments in strategy (i.e. figure out how to get more pressure on the quarterback and ditch the cushion). McG, apart from the issues already mentioned, has earned his money this year.

I've never thought Tenuta was as good as his rep either but he's pretty good. I can live with McG if he starts to blitz more but we absolutely need an OC/QB coach that can teach Uncle Dave and Rettig.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Team/Co ... %20Jr.aspx

rumor
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Is that a rumor you're starting, or a rumor you've heard?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Spazoo is the defacto DC. As a result, the offense and defense you are watching this year is EXACTLY what Spazerelli wants to run. If you don't like it, get rid of Spazerino.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:08 pm

The season the saints are having just put Carmichael out of our league and I think one conversation between Carmichael and Bick Jr would give Pete serious hesitation about working for Gene D.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:23 am

didn't Carmichal's dad coach our WR under Coughlin?
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:27 am

The cushion still kills me esp since I thought DB was going to be a strength this year.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:57 am

Gentlemen...

WE NEED A FUCKING QB!

A QB who can make first downs 2nd and 1 and make 3rd downs.. we had great wide recivers and TE's this year and Shinairski went lame...

Look at what Ryan did with that assclown Nemo and then how whe blossomed to 8-0 with Jags and Logan and a whole new scheme.

WE NEED A FUCKING QB! WE NEED A FUCKING QB! WE NEED A FUCKING QB! WE NEED A FUCKING QB!
WE NEED A FUCKING QB! WE NEED A FUCKING QB! WE NEED A FUCKING QB! WE NEED A FUCKING QB!

:whiteflag :whiteflag :violin :pontif
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:59 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:The cushion still kills me esp since I thought DB was going to be a strength this year.

Spazoo and McGoo are incompetent stupid fools and belong in Division III Shittenburgh State.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:31 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:The cushion still kills me esp since I thought DB was going to be a strength this year.

Gause plays a big cushion. Rollins does not. Because Gause sucks.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 am

*I hate the cushion just trying to explain it to OJ

No you moron, while Rollins is a better corner than Gause, that isn't why he plays more of a cushion. Gause plays the wide side of the field, more yards for the ball to travel implies it takes longer to get there which implies he has more time to react. Whereas Rollins plays the short side and hence less time needed for the ball to get there and hence playing closer to the WR.

*I hate the cushion, I hate OJ
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Great analysis there. The cushion has to do with which side of the field they are covering, who they are covering and the defensive call. It is not the design of the corners. Gause has been very good this year. Your analysis sucks.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:04 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Great analysis there. The cushion has to do with which side of the field they are covering, who they are covering and the defensive call. It is not the design of the corners. Gause has been very good this year. Your analysis sucks.

spaz's defense it predicated on the DL being able to pressure the QB to make bad throws and then having the corners in soft coverage (to prevent big gains on good throws) and pick off the ball on those bad throws. last year, with Brace and the Cyborg, it worked well because we could actually disrupt their OL, create a lot of pressure, and often get to the QB. this year with our lack of pass rush from the defensive line this strategy has not worked as well.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:21 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

without fail, regardless of where they are on the field, which side of the field they are covering, or who the receiver is, Gause is playing further off and backing up, giving too big of a cushion. Since Rollins is not consistently doing this, I think it has more to do with his abilities than to coaching "style."
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglefanhilbillyland on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:30 am

The problem is on offense specifically the qb positon, the defense has played extremly well all year sans the VT debacle. Tenuta sucks completly overrated the D version of steve logan. I remember a sept night at GA tech a couple years ago where a certain team made his defense look like a pop warner team...His D's at the french havent been all that spectacular either.
eaglefanhilbillyland
Carney Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 am

I have a hard time understanding all of the complaining about the defense. Yes, the cushion and lack of pressure are both frustrating, but we have had one of the better defenses in the country over the last 5 years or so. The defense has not lost us many games; in truth, they have won us quite a few. For better or worse, Spaz's schemes fit our personnel and opponents very well. He's even begun to blitz more! What has McG done to make anyone think he deserves to be replaced????

I'm on board with Tranq strictly acting as a one year transition guy, assuming Day will take over for '10. Spaz can even be seen as a transition guy, for that matter. Whether GDF did so intentionally or not, I see him as the guy to steady the ship for 3-5 years following the TOB and Jags debacles. Fairly or not, BC was viewed nationally as a team under a coaching black cloud; a few years under Spaz should dispell that, and it also gives time for someone like Day to grow to the point where he might be a capable replacement by '12-'14. As much promise as he may have, he could not possibly have been ready for the big seat, so the Spaz hire gives him time to progress through a coordinator position to where he hopefully can prove he is ready. Now, if he leaves and/or Tranq is still the guy next year, all of that fine speculation goes right out the window.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 am

How about we pay Brian Kelly of Cincinnati to be our OC at $4.5M for 5 years.

Then have him bring his DC too..for $1.2M a year for 5 years.

Spaz can stay for 5 years, just turn his headset into a I-pod and play Jerry Vale records so he doesn't have any input.

Volare....oh oh oh oh...Contare.....

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:43 am

You may recall that a lot of people were still okay with the Spazarelli hire before he brought in Coach :tranq . Coach Sadface lost a lot of goodwill with that awful hire. With a better OC, I'd start to feel better about the state of the program.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:45 am

There is no way Tranq is the OC beyond the 2010 season. No chance.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium