Material formerly posted on EagleInsider

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Material formerly posted on EagleInsider

Postby thezman10 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Listen guys, I'm sorry that things got so messed up. I wish you luck with this venture, I really do. As I said to many of you, I am not interested in a free message board and all the headaches that come with it, so this is probably the best solution for you as a group as well as me as a publisher.

I don't think we will have any problems with each other as long as you guys remember one simple rule. If you posted something at any point on the EagleInsider message boards, that material and its likeness are the property of Scout. I only wanted to warn you of that beacuse they warned me. I don't want to **** anybody off or start calling each other names. I just wanted to point out what Scout told me to try to keep us all out of trouble.

I also ask that you stop acting like such children with the EagleInsider message board. You guys left and started this site. I wish it all the best, but at the same time ask you to let bygones be bygones. Stop trying to clutter up the board with your attempts to be funny and disrespectful. It's pretty weak and not accomplishing anything other than embarassing you as a group.

As I said, I wish you guys the best of luck and hope you have some fun. Don't forget to root for the Eagles, I think they're going to surprise some people this year.
thezman10
n00b

Re: Material formerly posted on EagleInsider

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:45 pm

I will do what I want.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:47 pm

:tre
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:49 pm

What if those threads were already J. Peterman originals?

Who deleted the post from "Zander"?

If this is really J. Christopher Zander, go fuck a goat.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby zander on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:50 pm

talon {l Wrote}::tre

Your use of :tre violates your terms of service on the Scout Network.
zander
n00b

Postby HustlinOwl on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:55 pm

thezman10 {l Wrote}:I don't think we will have any problems with each other as long as you guys remember one simple rule. If you posted something at any point on the EagleInsider message boards, that material and its likeness are the property of Scout.

Tell Scout to give back Boxty. What does he need her for?
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:55 pm

thezman10 {l Wrote}:Listen guys, I'm sorry that things got so messed up. I wish you luck with this venture, I really do. As I said to many of you, I am not interested in a free message board and all the headaches that come with it, so this is probably the best solution for you as a group as well as me as a publisher.

I don't think we will have any problems with each other as long as you guys remember one simple rule. If you posted something at any point on the EagleInsider message boards, that material and its likeness are the property of Scout. I only wanted to warn you of that beacuse they warned me. I don't want to **** anybody off or start calling each other names. I just wanted to point out what Scout told me to try to keep us all out of trouble.

I also ask that you stop acting like such children with the EagleInsider message board. You guys left and started this site. I wish it all the best, but at the same time ask you to let bygones be bygones. Stop trying to clutter up the board with your attempts to be funny and disrespectful. It's pretty weak and not accomplishing anything other than embarassing you as a group.

As I said, I wish you guys the best of luck and hope you have some fun. Don't forget to root for the Eagles, I think they're going to surprise some people this year.

So, how did that conversation go when you had to tell "Scout" how you singlehandedly LOST AN ENTIRE FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD? :roll:
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:58 pm

This is BOWLSHIT.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:00 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby zander on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This is BOWLSHIT.

Try me.
zander
n00b

Postby thezman10 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:01 pm

zander {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}::tre

Your use of :tre violates your terms of service on the Scout Network.

I am really not trying to be an *** about this. I'm just telling you what Scout told me. I've been lurking since you started this and enjoy the banter that you guys created here. In fact, I enjoy it a whole lot more now that I won't get in trouble for it.

So you can mock me with your alias account, I'm just trying to help.
thezman10
n00b

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:01 pm

That is the least funny fake poster I have ever read.

TRE check that ISP.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:05 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:That is the least funny fake poster I have ever read.

TRE check that ISP.

I have pretty much rooted out Zman everytime he has come onto EI (from CoachCuskie to BCES to NEP). I would be very, very, VERY shocked if thezman10 isn't authentic.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby GuinnessEagle on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:06 pm

thezman10 {l Wrote}:Listen guys, I'm sorry that things got so messed up. I wish you luck with this venture, I really do. As I said to many of you, I am not interested in a free message board and all the headaches that come with it, so this is probably the best solution for you as a group as well as me as a publisher.

Nice try. You have a non-exclusive right which amounts to nothing.

By uploading materials to any Forum or submitting any materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials expressly granted) us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed anywhere. In addition, you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived.
Last edited by GuinnessEagle on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GuinnessEagle
n00b

Postby AdamBC on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:07 pm

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby thezman10 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:09 pm

By uploading materials to any Forum or submitting any materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials expressly granted) us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed anywhere. In addition, you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived.

Read that again. That says that EagleInsider and Scout can use your materials any way that they want to use them. It doesn't say anything about the original poster.
thezman10
n00b

Postby GuinnessEagle on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:12 pm

thezman10 {l Wrote}:

Read that again. That says that EagleInsider and Scout can use your materials any way that they want to use them. It doesn't say anything about the original poster.

NON-EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND LICENSE.

Which means that other people can also use it.
GuinnessEagle
n00b

Postby talon on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:12 pm

"non-exclusive right and license to use" ≠ "transfer of ownership"
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby thezman10 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:14 pm

I'm just telling you what Scout told me. You have plenty of lawyers here and I'm sure some of them would side with what I am saying, no matter how much it hurts them to admit it.
thezman10
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:15 pm

thezman10 {l Wrote}:I'm just telling you what Scout told me. You have plenty of lawyers here and I'm sure some of them would side with what I am saying, no matter how much it hurts them to admit it.

If this is the real zman, can you at least open up the HOF for a day so we can copy some of the great threads?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:16 pm

thezman10 {l Wrote}:

Scout can create a book of the greatest posts of all time... make millions off it (if they used material from us)... and not give anyone who originally wrote it a penny. However, that does not say that the author of the post cannot post the same thing multiple times in multiple different forums. Nor does it say that the author is prohibited from taking said posts and making his own book. Essentially, it does not appear to restrict the author in anyway. It just says that the author relinquishes the ability to restrict Scout in anyway.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby GuinnessEagle on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:16 pm

thezman10 {l Wrote}:I'm just telling you what Scout told me. You have plenty of lawyers here and I'm sure some of them would side with what I am saying, no matter how much it hurts them to admit it.

That clause is more clear than the fact that UVA lost to William and Mary last week.
GuinnessEagle
n00b

Postby talon on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:16 pm

ImageImageImage
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Yeah, ok...

I created 'zander' as the first new alias of the new board. Clearly it failed, mainly because zman10 got here first.

My high point will always be SenorAwesome.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:20 pm

thezman10 {l Wrote}:

Oh man, now you're a lawyer too? If you practice law the way you ran a message board, I hope you've got lots of malpractice coverage. Nobody here is taking any exclusive Scout copyrighted material. 'Nuff said. Thanks for the warning. Please cease and desist from further baseless threats of frivolous legal action. And while you're at it, just please go away. You runied one message board and we don't need you posting your filth here.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:22 pm

talon {l Wrote}:ImageImageImage

:whammy
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:23 pm

All that says is that Scout can use the post however they want, but they can't keep the original creators from using them because they do not have an exclusive license to the material. That's what the NON in NON-exclusive means.

I am not even a lawyer.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby thezman10 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Look, I'm just telling you what Scout told me.

Listen, I'm sorry things had to end the way they did. There was a lot going on behind the scenes that no one here except for Aguilafan know about. I thought you guys were funny, but you got carried away with your little Peter Pan Society and stuff got out of line. I just want to run a message board and write about a team I respect, especially since they did the right thing with Spaz.

I'm not a creep. I don't invade on your privacy. Isn't that right TRE?
Last edited by thezman10 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thezman10
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:24 pm

thezman10 {l Wrote}:Look, I'm just telling you what Scout told me.

Listen, I'm sorry things had to end the way they did. There was a lot going on behind the scenes that no one here except for Aguilafan know about. I thought you guys were funny, but you got carried away with your little Peter Pan Society and stuff got out of line. I just want to run a message board and write about a team I respect, especially since they did the right thing with Spaz.

I'm not a creep. I don't invade on your privacy. Isn't that right Matt?

Can you answer my question?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby thezman10 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 pm

I can't bring the archives back. One, there's some stuff in there that seriously violates the TOS. I'd be sticking my neck out and frankly, I don't feel I owe you that. Secondly, see my post about lifting information off of Scout. I'm just going by the advice of the higher-ups.
thezman10
n00b

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium