Hafley to GB

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Hafley to GB

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:32 pm

:dildodog

bringbillb2bc
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: Hafley to GB

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:34 pm

Wow, didn’t see this coming but maybe I should have
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:42 pm

Good for him. Get out while he can… and into a great gig. Complete no brainer move.

Good news is that we don’t have to worry about dead money when making our next hire. Bad news is that, at this late stage, it’s going to be some awful hire from Hafley’s coaching tree… like Lukabu or Rhoads.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:50 pm

Coughlin was a late hire, fwiw
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Good for him. Get out while he can… and into a great gig. Complete no brainer move.

Good news is that we don’t have to worry about dead money when making our next hire. Bad news is that, at this late stage, it’s going to be some awful hire from Hafley’s coaching tree… like Lukabu or Rhoads.

He was getting fired after next season. Everyone seemed to be in on that joke so he took a move back to the NFL as a DC. Makes sense.

BC is free of financial burden and can now finally go after Schiano like we should have all those years ago! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:02 pm

I’d expect that we would go after someone with minimal-to-no buyout.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:08 pm

turnkey sports will find us a winner.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:18 pm

mullen?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:27 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:mullen?

Could do much worse than him
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:29 pm

Not a shock.
How much do NFL coordinators make?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:39 pm

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:00 pm

Glad Hafley brought all the kids back together on his way out.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:27 pm

Heard a rumor concerning Al Golden. Don’t think that would be much of an upgrade.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Manny on Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:10 am

Wasn't our current AD the one who fired Golden at Miami, then got sued for it? I don't pay enough attention to know whether I have the timing right, or for that matter to really have an opinion on Al Golden as a coach, but that feels like it would be some measure of bad blood to be gotten over.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:10 am

Manny {l Wrote}:Wasn't our current AD the one who fired Golden at Miami, then got sued for it? I don't pay enough attention to know whether I have the timing right, or for that matter to really have an opinion on Al Golden as a coach, but that feels like it would be some measure of bad blood to be gotten over.

Two parties who sued each other fairly recently aren't coming back together. I'd be shocked on Al Golden.

Hafley was a medicore coach that left the program in about the same position as Daz, but is a complete jerk for leaving on January 31st.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:31 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Heard a rumor concerning Al Golden. Don’t think that would be much of an upgrade.

0.0% chance, and now that everyone can pay players, he really has no value.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:22 pm

I think its good. Its good for BC that he is gone without being forced to pay the remainder on his contract and good for Hafley because now he wont be fired. Call it a win-win.

And whoever the new HC is, that will give us something interesting to talk about.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:37 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Good for him. Get out while he can… and into a great gig. Complete no brainer move.

He was getting fired after next season. Everyone seemed to be in on that joke so he took a move back to the NFL as a DC. Makes sense.

BC is free of financial burden and can now finally go after Schiano like we should have all those years ago! :ace

In case you haven’t been keeping up, the Big 10/14/16 is pulling from 2X to 5X the revenues of the ACC, If the trend holds, BC will soon be getting a smaller piece of the smaller ACC revenue stream to mollify the Fla St’ and others if their lawsuit fails to spring them. I think Schiano ( as can others) can do the math.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:55 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:In case you haven’t been keeping up, the Big 10/14/16 is pulling from 2X to 5X the revenues of the ACC, If the trend holds, BC will soon be getting a smaller piece of the smaller ACC revenue stream to mollify the Fla St’ and others if their lawsuit fails to spring them. I think Schiano ( as can others) can do the math.

If that lawsuit fails, FSU and any others involved (if there are any) aren't getting a nickel more. They're stuck in the ACC until the GOR runs out or until it makes financial sense for them to pay to get out. Similar to what OK and TX did when they left the B12.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:48 pm

I was asked by in laws who live in Mequon, WI what they should expect out of Hafley. I said, well, he sucks, but before you realize that he sucks and is in over his head you will be impressed with his press conferences. So he will do a great job explaining why your defense sucks and will articulate a vision for making it better that he lacks the talent/ability to implement.

The reply was “Well, assuming that is all true, his ability to speak during a press conference still makes him an upgrade over Joe Berry.”
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:31 pm

Green Bay just needs to get in.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:07 pm

I get a kick out of the morons that think FSU is capable of fucking anyone over. No one gives a shit.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:30 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I was asked by in laws who live in Mequon, WI what they should expect out of Hafley. I said, well, he sucks, but before you realize that he sucks and is in over his head you will be impressed with his press conferences. So he will do a great job explaining why your defense sucks and will articulate a vision for making it better that he lacks the talent/ability to implement.

The reply was “Well, assuming that is all true, his ability to speak during a press conference still makes him an upgrade over Joe Berry.”

That is an excellent wrap-up of Hafley at BC. While I think he is a good guy and represented the school well, he will go down as one of the most disappointing recent hires (along with Steve Donahue and Dan Henning). Just out depth and helpless to correct his shortcomings. That said, as a program, we owe him a debt of gratitude for jumping before being pushed. Between the buyout we didn’t pay and the buyout we received, BC nets about $10mm. As we all know, that number would have crippled the replacement. Now, BC should use that found money to hire someone who doesn’t suck and allow him the finances to expand the program. I’m sure it will be squandered between stupid decisions and Irish Studies, but at least we there won’t be the excuse of starting the process with financial constraints caused by paying coaches not to be here.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium