Army Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Army Week

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:14 am

another shitty weather game, might be thunderstorms

no trapillo or okeefe
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Army Week

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:32 am

Heard Bowry is out as well.
Are we really underdogs???
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:04 am

yes bowry out, it's conley time.

last time we were there ricci became a board hero and it was the final nail in the spaz coffin
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:01 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:yes bowry out, it's conley time.

last time we were there ricci became a board hero and it was the final nail in the spaz coffin

i have a feeling this is going to be a coffin game for hafley as well.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:57 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:yes bowry out, it's conley time.

Didn't that game also bring us the post from a DT's mother complaining that her son was playing too much?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:10 pm

We shouldn’t put the ball in the air for the rest of the game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby miutbc on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:32 pm

When did army become a better passing team than us
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:42 pm

Clearly a forward pass but this is embarrassing!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:28 pm

This team is infuriating. Could easily be 0-6 or 5-1. Neither side of the ball can be consistent, although the offense has shown progress. At least the penalties are being cleaned up a little bit.
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:42 pm

The weather favored Army and I thought they did a pretty good job adjusting to the conditions. Stupid penalties on offense and loss of discipline of D kept it from being a BC blowout. Army wasn't stopping BC without 10 and 5 yard self inflicted wounds.

The defense is not good and the penalties are horrific. But given that they were essentially forced to run the veer, it was a good win. Army isn't covering BC's receivers in dry conditions.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:07 pm

Can’t believe Moorehead started NIU

Applebaum has the OL playing well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:12 pm

Am I reading right that UCF played Castellanos one too many games to redshirt last year? That's some shit BC would do.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:15 pm

We are a bad football team. We are also a team that will likely win our next two games. 5-3 and at worst a 50/50 proposition against VT and Pitt. Looks like Hafley is here for another year. To quote HJS’ favorite coach Brian Kelly, after his abysmal coaching snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against mighty Tulsa, “Better get used to it!”
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:21 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:We are a bad football team. We are also a team that will likely win our next two games. 5-3 and at worst a 50/50 proposition against VT and Pitt. Looks like Hafley is here for another year. To quote HJS’ favorite coach Brian Kelly, after his abysmal coaching snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against mighty Tulsa, “Better get used to it!”

I agree that the defense is awful, and the team is not great, and that they will win enough to get Hafley out of trouble. That said, the line is coming around and the offensive skill position players are really fun to watch when they don't commit penalties and catch the ball.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:We are a bad football team. We are also a team that will likely win our next two games. 5-3 and at worst a 50/50 proposition against VT and Pitt. Looks like Hafley is here for another year. To quote HJS’ favorite coach Brian Kelly, after his abysmal coaching snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against mighty Tulsa, “Better get used to it!”

I agree that the defense is awful, and the team is not great, and that they will win enough to get Hafley out of trouble. That said, the line is coming around and the offensive skill position players are really fun to watch when they don't commit penalties and catch the ball.

Kind of reminds me of the old Rich Rod teams. Decent offense and players, but a horrible 4-2-5 scheme that can’t hold up
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

These feel like critical elements to winning football games.

This program is still an embarrassment and everyone including the players should be launched to the moon. Congrats on the last second victory over Army of all teams. Continuing to play Pupil week after week is still crazy
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:09 pm

I'm a negative asshole, and I am ashamed of my performance compared to you.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:54 pm

So ... Louisville ...

The Northern Illinois loss is unforgivable and BC mostly looks like shit, but just saying.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:33 pm

Not pretty, but bottom line we have a real QB. Additionally, the OL, that got obliterated in the trial by fire last year, is actually playing well. I would also say the younger guys in the secondary made plays today even if the speed in the LB's remains a glaring flaw. Still dumb penalites overall, but much improved. Glass half full is that the team is starting to come together regardless of how weak the schedule is. I would just like to see something that shows Hafley is designing a top level defense which just isn't evident. That's disappointing. But offensively, we can get a lot better as we figure out how to utilize TC
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:10 am

Flew out of New York on Monday. Saw probably 5 or 6 people on the plane with West Point football attire. I suppose its possible they spent the weekend there after the game.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium