Swimming & Diving

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Swimming & Diving

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:05 pm

programs suspended due to hazing

https://bceagles.com/news/2023/9/20/bos ... ogram.aspx

let's use opp to kill both
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Swimming & Diving

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:53 pm

Clearing a path to bring back Men's Lax
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:17 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Clearing a path to bring back Men's Lax

Cutting the program would eliminate a lot of women from the title ix count. Typically Olympic sports at BC are 2:1 participation numbers with only the women getting scholarships.

I don’t get the hard on for men’s lacrosse. We sucked horribly at it before ; what’s to think with the current admin we would be good at it now?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:56 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Cutting the program would eliminate a lot of women from the title ix count. Typically Olympic sports at BC are 2:1 participation numbers with only the women getting scholarships.

I don’t get the hard on for men’s lacrosse. We sucked horribly at it before ; what’s to think with the current admin we would be good at it now?

i·ro·ny1
/ˈīrənē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:07 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

i·ro·ny1
/ˈīrənē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:36 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

i·ro·ny1
/ˈīrənē/
noun

This. :ace

There was no red font! And how was I to know that homogeneous would put some thing funny?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:05 pm

I like to watch people swim
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:36 pm

forced to binge drink then eat their puke. wtf
https://twitter.com/HeightsSports/status/1704961742785437805
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:47 pm

I'm pretty sure you can finish last in the ACC without eating vomit
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:35 pm

That shit = still swimming and fucking diving. Know your place fucking nerds. At least sailing wins titles.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:58 pm

Two sports one cup
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:09 am

blake :shock:

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:21 pm

Huh? Are you contending that it isn't nice to tell terrible college swimmers the truth about their terribleness when they bring a lawsuit? Should BC's response center on Participant Ribbons that have paid their way to being the worst swimming program in the the conference? That brief should be applauded and should then be followed up with a termination of both programs.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:51 pm

we are in complete alignment, i just didn't expect blake to take a blowtorch to these nerds
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:26 pm

What does Blake have to do with brief writing and law talking? I assume that is some double eagle at Goodwin or Wilmer.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:27 am

It is possible that someone from BC’s Legal Dept had a conversation with someone from the Athletic Dept to confirm accuracy.

Nonetheless, whenever I’m reminded we sponsor these sports (which suck into the school dozens of students who wouldn’t otherwise qualify for admission), I think of Krusty taking a bath on the 1984 Summer Olympics.

http://giphy.com/gifs/iWPol8e3hdh3W
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:48 pm

Interesting, it's Locke Lord. Surprising.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:57 pm

Ah, Locke Lord absorbed Edwards Angel Wildman Palmer & Dodge et al. The Palmer and Dodge makes more sense, though neither lawyer is a BC grad.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:41 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It is possible that someone from BC’s Legal Dept had a conversation with someone from the Athletic Dept to confirm accuracy.

Nonetheless, whenever I’m reminded we sponsor these sports (which suck into the school dozens of students who wouldn’t otherwise qualify for admission), I think of Krusty taking a bath on the 1984 Summer Olympics.

Olympic sport athletes are not getting preferential treatment academically especially not in swimming and diving. On the contrary, these sports serve as a recruiting tool for BC to get top quality students. That’s literally the only reason BC fields them.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:41 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Wait, didn't he take a bath on the offshore oilrig Krusty Burger?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:25 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:It is possible that someone from BC’s Legal Dept had a conversation with someone from the Athletic Dept to confirm accuracy.

Olympic sport athletes are not getting preferential treatment academically especially not in swimming and diving. On the contrary, these sports serve as a recruiting tool for BC to get top quality students. That’s literally the only reason BC fields them.

Yeah. Sure. Totally know that isn’t true from watching local kids who are recruited. But, fine. Totally believe that the best academic minds participate in fake sports like Cross Country.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Ah, Locke Lord absorbed Edwards Angel Wildman Palmer & Dodge et al. The Palmer and Dodge makes more sense, though neither lawyer is a BC grad.

In spite of being the brightest minds at BC, the judge did not agree with these swimming Einsteins view of being able to continued hazing as a tool to land kids in the top of their academic class.
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... on-college
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:11 pm

Freniere is better than many, but not too many.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:41 am

Then, she must’ve been an Olympic sport athlete in college.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Yeah. Sure. Totally know that isn’t true from watching local kids who are recruited. But, fine. Totally believe that the best academic minds participate in fake sports like Cross Country.

Recruited by who? BC or other schools? Big difference.

I know for a fact when Mahoney was head of admissions at BC even some of the revenue sports had issues trying to get athletes in… so why would his department assist some Olympic sport no one gives two shits about?

I’d call you an idiot but I admire your ability to act like an authority despite being continually wrong. Must be all those years working as a lawyer.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:02 pm

Defensive Hansen is low hanging fruit. Won't slow down HJS
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium