FSU Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: FSU Game

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:01 pm

To go completely Brightside(The Killers are playing in Asbury tonight), Phil Jurgovick still sucks
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Fun game though, and they played well otherwise. Hope Castellanos to Bond is a thing for a few more years.

If Castellanos is as good as we may think he is, he might wind up getting poached in transfer portal.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:44 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Fun game though, and they played well otherwise. Hope Castellanos to Bond is a thing for a few more years.

If Castellanos is as good as we may think he is, he might wind up getting poached in transfer portal.

Ummm, he’d have to sit out a year. He already transferred
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:24 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

Ummm, he’d have to sit out a year. He already transferred

good
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:42 pm

We covered the spread and we won the second half, what more could anyone want? I’ll also put this one up in the BC Moral Victory Pantheon with our near miss against Jamies Winston, Glenn Foley throwing the winning TD over Mark Chmura’s head against a top 5 Penn State team back in 1991 and Foley’s last second potential game winning pass landing in the empty corner of the end zone against #1 Miami in the same year. At BC, we so rarely actually win one of these things, that we really need to celebrate our moral victories.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:47 am

Fire Leahy jersey in the stands today
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:22 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: I’ll also put this one up in the BC Moral Victory Pantheon with our near miss against Jamies Winston, Glenn Foley throwing the winning TD over Mark Chmura’s head against a top 5 Penn State team back in 1991 .

Wait, that PED St game wasn't close. One of the PED St LBs spit in Foley's face!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:02 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:We covered the spread and we won the second half, what more could anyone want? I’ll also put this one up in the BC Moral Victory Pantheon with our near miss against Jamies Winston, Glenn Foley throwing the winning TD over Mark Chmura’s head against a top 5 Penn State team back in 1991 and Foley’s last second potential game winning pass landing in the empty corner of the end zone against #1 Miami in the same year. At BC, we so rarely actually win one of these things, that we really need to celebrate our moral victories.

"We won the second half." If this is anyone but Steve Allen... :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:38 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: I’ll also put this one up in the BC Moral Victory Pantheon with our near miss against Jamies Winston, Glenn Foley throwing the winning TD over Mark Chmura’s head against a top 5 Penn State team back in 1991 .

Wait, that PED St game wasn't close. One of the PED St LBs spit in Foley's face!

It was 28-21 and Foley airmailed a pass over Chewy’s head from around the 15 yard line as time expired. An interesting thought experiment would be to consider whether Coughlin goes for two and the win if Foley puts it where Chmura can get it. My guess is yes, because that team—which played an absolutely insane schedule—was going 4-7 anyway, so why not roll the dice.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:03 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

It was 28-21 and Foley airmailed a pass over Chewy’s head from around the 15 yard line as time expired. An interesting thought experiment would be to consider whether Coughlin goes for two and the win if Foley puts it where Chmura can get it. My guess is yes, because that team—which played an absolutely insane schedule—was going 4-7 anyway, so why not roll the dice.

You are correct . Wow - I do not remember that game at all! And I clearly remember the 2 prior games (Mich & GTech). Anyway, I was thinking of the 1990 game where PED St waxed at Alumni - Bicknell's 10th and final season.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium