Holy Cross Weak

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Holy Cross Weak

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:07 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:TC running out of bounds 1 yard short of the 1st and pointing at a DB to draw a penalty that loses 15 yards is late stage Hafley era stuff

There is zero accountability for this either
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:11 pm

Regardless of the outcome, this game and this particular sequence shows Hafley is clueless.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:16 pm

Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:Regardless of the outcome, this game and this particular sequence shows Hafley is clueless.

He eventually did the right thing.

If Holy Cross gets this ball back it’s game over
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:22 pm

How many penalties during the inclement weather break? O/U at 1.5
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby durkcal on Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:23 pm

I think we actually should have gone for it again on 4th and four. Now we have to wait to find out :81 Our guys are more fierce and violent after the whistle lol
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:39 pm

They should not come back out after the weather delay and disband the program permanently.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:44 pm

Heard Alumni ran out of water in the 3rdQ. :clownshoes
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Mike_S on Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:45 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:I think we actually should have gone for it again on 4th and four.

Ignoring everything else, this is the thing that set me off. BC's offense has done well, defense not so much. A first down would have finished the game right there since HC has only 1 Time Out left. A punt would net roughly 30 yards. And then insult to injury, the 15-yard penalty on the play. Now the game will be on their line with their best players -- the QB, RB and top WR -- on the field instead of them watching from the sidelines.

Had they punted on the early 4th down in their own territory I would have hated that too since punting would have likely given HC the final possession while going for it either would keep the ball and kill most of the clock or in worst case still would likely ensure one more possession for BC before the end of the game. I'm amazed that they actually went for it there.

Now the weather delay has already gone so long it's killed a lot of the intensity of the game. Regardless, win or lose, that felt like a really bad decision.
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:18 pm

Does anyone think Hafley is going to say or do anything with this team during the delay? I’m a fan and I already feel like losing is inevitable
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:25 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:They should not come back out after the weather delay and disband the program permanently.

Like the United States supporting the Soviet Union during WWII, I finally have a cause in common with 2001. I guess that makes BC Football Hitler. I hope it kills itself in a bunker.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:30 pm

Don’t know if anybody has seen it, but NIU is currently losing to S Illinois by 2 TDs
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:39 pm

This absolutely looked like a game they’d lose. Winners win and losers lose, but luck interrupts
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:39 pm

So lucky the QB stepped out then fumbled!
How many times has BC lost games like HC just lost?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:So lucky the QB stepped out then fumbled!

They deserved to lose. If Sluwka doesn’t stumble just a touch they are down 35-31. As for the fumble, they actually defended on that play well—only decent defensive play of the series.

Florida State could hang 80 on us next weekend.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:52 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:So lucky the QB stepped out then fumbled!

They deserved to lose. If Sluwka doesn’t stumble just a touch they are down 35-31. As for the fumble, they actually defended on that play well—only decent defensive play of the series.

Florida State could hang 80 on us next weekend.

So much for the pearl clutching. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:07 pm

Mike_S {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:I think we actually should have gone for it again on 4th and four.

Ignoring everything else, this is the thing that set me off. BC's offense has done well, defense not so much. A first down would have finished the game right there since HC has only 1 Time Out left. A punt would net roughly 30 yards. And then insult to injury, the 15-yard penalty on the play. Now the game will be on their line with their best players -- the QB, RB and top WR -- on the field instead of them watching from the sidelines.

Had they punted on the early 4th down in their own territory I would have hated that too since punting would have likely given HC the final possession while going for it either would keep the ball and kill most of the clock or in worst case still would likely ensure one more possession for BC before the end of the game. I'm amazed that they actually went for it there.

Now the weather delay has already gone so long it's killed a lot of the intensity of the game. Regardless, win or lose, that felt like a really bad decision.

you can see why herzlich supported spaz for coach. still thinks football is played in 1970
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:It’s embarrassing in Year 4 to be playing Pupil and any of these LBs. Pupil is especially bad

This post pretty much guaranteed him making the play of the game with the forced fumble
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:49 pm

we are pathetic. thank you gdf you fucking asshole.

https://twitter.com/BCFootballFans/status/1700599211677417482
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:52 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:we are pathetic. thank you gdf you fucking asshole.

https://twitter.com/BCFootballFans/status/1700599211677417482

Remember what Leahy wants, Harvard Monday through Friday, Temple on Saturday.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:54 pm

had his 'it'll come together and it'll be beautiful' moment today:

doubt the tough guy act after the country club environment. was listening to radio a bit during intermission and they were all remarking about how soft the team is
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:59 pm

I'd rather be wrong as a pollyanna than right writing off the team after two games, so these are the positives.

Holy Cross is a quality FBS team. Their offense has a good OL, the receiver is legit, and the 5th year QB is excellent. As I type this, App State is giving UNC a game.

Castellanos looks real. He's got an arm to go along with the feet and made some pretty special throws (missed some too). The penalty was dumb (and he could have got hit with an even worse one.) For now, I'm calling it swag and I like having a QB with swag on an offense that was dreadful last year. If he keeps making dumb penalties, though, then it becomes immaturity and a whole different story.

The defense is a work in progress. The pass rush actually wasn't terrible, but we obviously don't have enough LB speed to clean up mobile QB's. The secondary (supposedly Hafley's strength) looked pretty good, but too many missed tackles.

Obviously the 10 penalties was not good, and some were pretty bad. That has to be cleaned up. The strangest one was the out of bounds play on the undressed bench guy. Not sure what he did. The worst was Okpala's for hands to the facemask which nullified a 3rd and 22, but it looked more like an accident than a dumb play.

The OL still needs time to gel, and its hard to say what today meant against an undersized HC DL, but I like what I saw and Robichaux looked good.

We probably get waxed by FSU, but hopefully we show out better than expected as the team comes together.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:24 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:I'd rather be wrong as a pollyanna than right writing off the team after two games, so these are the positives.

Holy Cross is a quality FBS team. Their offense has a good OL, the receiver is legit, and the 5th year QB is excellent. As I type this, App State is giving UNC a game.

Castellanos looks real. He's got an arm to go along with the feet and made some pretty special throws (missed some too). The penalty was dumb (and he could have got hit with an even worse one.) For now, I'm calling it swag and I like having a QB with swag on an offense that was dreadful last year. If he keeps making dumb penalties, though, then it becomes immaturity and a whole different story.

The defense is a work in progress. The pass rush actually wasn't terrible, but we obviously don't have enough LB speed to clean up mobile QB's. The secondary (supposedly Hafley's strength) looked pretty good, but too many missed tackles.

Obviously the 10 penalties was not good, and some were pretty bad. That has to be cleaned up. The strangest one was the out of bounds play on the undressed bench guy. Not sure what he did. The worst was Okpala's for hands to the facemask which nullified a 3rd and 22, but it looked more like an accident than a dumb play.

The OL still needs time to gel, and its hard to say what today meant against an undersized HC DL, but I like what I saw and Robichaux looked good.

We probably get waxed by FSU, but hopefully we show out better than expected as the team comes together.

You are definitely wrong but you have accepted that which is a good thing. I also appreciate after all of the nonsense you then acknowledged FSU is going to do very bad things to us. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:27 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:I'd rather be wrong as a pollyanna than right writing off the team after two games, so these are the positives.

What a joke for anyone to pound their chest about winning today. I do hope you’re right, about Castellanos and the team itself. Castellanos is no Flutie. ACC teams won’t be so accommodating to BC’s run game. With more firmness on their defensive front, they’ll also be able to carry out their game plan to hem in Castellanos. BC’s offense will wither accordingly. They’ll be fortunate to avoid going winless in the ACC, if not the rest of the season.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:45 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:had his 'it'll come together and it'll be beautiful' moment today:

doubt the tough guy act after the country club environment. was listening to radio a bit during intermission and they were all remarking about how soft the team is

He went totally nuclear in this presser. Hope it works
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:15 pm

who knew chesney was such a whiny bitch?

apparently their headsets went out (who says we don't get anything from kraft being on the BOT?). chesney claims it was for a quarter or quarter and a half.

from tuesday:
https://twitter.com/kstone06/status/1701726079541518362

hafley's response:
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:47 pm

You can officially cross Chesney off the potential replacement list.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium