Northern Illinois Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Northern Illinois Week

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:06 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:I don’t understand the constant switching of QBs. Neither one can get a rythym. It’s like Hafley is purposely sabotaging the offense.

Just leave Morehead in. Castellanos can’t throw at all

Posterity.

Morehead basically didn’t play. We really excited about a QB that just led the team to a home loss to NIU? Aside from being fast he makes bad decisions and is inaccurate.

The coaching blows as do the entire WR/TE group. Bet we dropped 10+ passes.

If we’re going to play Casellanos, run an offense that actually fits his skillet

Morehead was terrible. Looks like he is blindfolded.

Pulling the plug so quickly is probably the only thing Hafley did right today. If you can excuse the fact that Hafley picked this guy as our QB1 in the first place.

How can you possible evaluate him based on like 2 throws?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:07 pm

The Third Down song also needs to go.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:37 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:I don’t understand the constant switching of QBs. Neither one can get a rythym. It’s like Hafley is purposely sabotaging the offense.

Posterity.

Morehead basically didn’t play. We really excited about a QB that just led the team to a home loss to NIU? Aside from being fast he makes bad decisions and is inaccurate.

If we’re going to play Casellanos, run an offense that actually fits his skillet

Morehead was terrible. Looks like he is blindfolded.

Pulling the plug so quickly is probably the only thing Hafley did right today. If you can excuse the fact that Hafley picked this guy as our QB1 in the first place.

How can you possible evaluate him based on like 2 throws?

He's terrible throwing and he does nothing else. Bet he can surf.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:38 pm

Just realizing epstein was probably there. No wonder he's salty. All is forgiven.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Just realizing epstein was probably there. No wonder he's salty. All is forgiven.

It was really hot out there so yes. Other than the game and heat a pretty good job by BC on the Gameday
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:22 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:For all the ‘talent’ we were told the pass catchers have, none of them can catch

Tackas looks shot and can walk back to south bend

The WRs and TEs lost us this game. Too many drops on critical third down plays.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Posterity.

The least bad option at this point is start Morehead, try to fix his head, and install a package to get Castellanos 15 or so snaps a game.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:43 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Posterity.

The least bad option at this point is start Morehead, try to fix his head, and install a package to get Castellanos 15 or so snaps a game.

That would require competent coaching. Nothing that took place today demonstrates any semblance of competent coaching. On the positive side, today provided exhibit 1,123,374 that Hansen is a fucking idiot.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:03 am

In order to have any enjoyment and interest in the 2023 college football season, I will be rooting for the Colorado Buffalos and Deion Prime time Sanders for the rest of the season.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:30 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:In order to have any enjoyment and interest in the 2023 college football season, I will be rooting for the Colorado Buffalos and Deion Prime time Sanders for the rest of the season.

The only thing worse than watching our football team is reading IB’s thoughts on college football and politics. What a shitty fall this is going to be.

As for “Coach Prime”, can’t wait for the amputations to eventually take his legs. If he could develop ass cancer in the process, that would be great. Fun fact, Colorado is only good when the roster is filled with loathsome scumbags. Kudos to prime for following the McCartney blueprint.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:57 am

1. Griffin had one of the worst games I have ever seen from a WR. I just checked the box score and was shocked to see that he actually caught two passes.
II. Pupel really stands out on D. Everyone around me was saying "who is #35?"
C. Alec Lindstrom, Flowers, Pete Kendall, AJ Dillon and probably others were at the game. Zay was in the locker room pre game.
d. We lost because Hansen didn't start a game day thread.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:07 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:In order to have any enjoyment and interest in the 2023 college football season, I will be rooting for the Colorado Buffalos and Deion Prime time Sanders for the rest of the season.

The only thing worse than watching our football team is reading IB’s thoughts on college football and politics. What a shitty fall this is going to be.

As for “Coach Prime”, can’t wait for the amputations to eventually take his legs. If he could develop ass cancer in the process, that would be great. Fun fact, Colorado is only good when the roster is filled with loathsome scumbags. Kudos to prime for following the McCartney blueprint.

ANOTHER fun fact: yesterday was the first time since 1978 that a rookie head coach (who was not an interim coach) WON his opener, when he opened as more than a 20 point underdog

I'm coming

is a hell of a lot better than

Get in
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:18 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:1. Griffin had one of the worst games I have ever seen from a WR. I just checked the box score and was shocked to see that he actually caught two passes.
C. Alec Lindstrom, Flowers, Pete Kendall, AJ Dillon and probably others were at the game. Zay was in the locker room pre game.

1. All the WRs and TEs were awful. I bet Tackas dropped 5 passes.
2. In a good way or a bad way? He’s one of few that shows some energy and he’s okay near the LOS but a disaster in coverage
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:25 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:1. Griffin had one of the worst games I have ever seen from a WR. I just checked the box score and was shocked to see that he actually caught two passes.

1. All the WRs and TEs were awful. I bet Tackas dropped 5 passes.
2. In a good way or a bad way? He’s one of few that shows some energy and he’s okay near the LOS but a disaster in coverage

dropped passes were horrible. I was with the Phoenix chapter of the alumni association and we were all saying, if maybe 2 or 3 of those dropped passes were caught, BC probably wins the game instead of loses it. Not that the passes were all that great (they weren't) but if the ball is catchable, you have got to make the catch.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:25 pm

we need to get these girls on the roster.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolBC/status/1698398497085489238
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:30 pm

Do you think Mac's daughters are willing to comeback and help with recruiting like they used to for their dad?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:53 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:we need to get these girls on the roster.

You can see Zay pulling his girl out at the end (one of the two here), that's friendly fire on our guy for the BC account to be posting this.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:56 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:

You can see Zay pulling his girl out at the end (one of the two here), that's friendly fire on our guy for the BC account to be posting this.

Do better BC students.

The student section was actually totally full at kickoff
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:27 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Do you think Mac's daughters are willing to comeback and help with recruiting like they used to for their dad?

His daughters are all in their late 50s and have had their vaginas blown out from birthing the children of so many Buffalos. With that said, I’m pretty sure Kristin, who had four kids with four different Buffalos, including Sal Aunese—a scumbag who was good enough to die for inoperable stomach cancer, has to have a daughter or two willing to do what is necessary.

Regarding Sal Aunese, while I realize everyone here hates Lou Holtz, you have to admit it was pretty gangster of him to point out that Sal Aunese was a dirtbag and that Colorado was “living a lie” and then backing it up by dismantling them in the Orange Bowl.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:56 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Do better BC students.

Was that Zay in the black hat?
Student section was full in 1stQ but most left at half time and was empty 4thQ
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Bumpers on Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:37 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Do better BC students.

Was that Zay in the black hat?
Student section was full in 1stQ but most left at half time and was empty 4thQ

Can we have more background on this scuffle? Who was involved? Why was Zay sitting in the seats and not standing on the sidelines? I NEED TO KNOW I HAVE A FF DRAFT TONIGHT AND IF HE GONNA BE SUSPENDED WHY WOULD I DRAFT HIM?

Also, this was easily the most exciting footage that I have seen of the game, so now I am a fan of the girl in the dreads who pursued. Shes a badass.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:26 pm

we paid niu 1.1 mil to come here and humiliate us. we should upgrade the ooc schedule so we can at least get paid to be humiliated and make some money off it.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:08 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:we paid niu 1.1 mil to come here and humiliate us. we should upgrade the ooc schedule so we can at least get paid to be humiliated and make some money off it.

correct

There actually IS a division-1 college basketball team in some mid-major-mediocre conference, that uses their men's hoops team to collect checks. I'm not sure which one it is but I do remember seeing a documentary on it. They schedule world beater awesome teams the first 12 games every year, get clobbered on their opponent's court, there is no return trip the following year, and then with their 18 conference games they win just enough to either win the conference or challenge for it every year.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium