2023 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2023 BC Football

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If he is suspended for having balls, he should loan them to his coach. Good for him.

such a classic piece of BC bullshit to have our best player suspended at the crucial stretch of the season.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If he is suspended for having balls, he should loan them to his coach. Good for him.

Hafley doesn't discipline the players. I am guessing this is not football related.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:27 pm

i cannot imagine it's the flag thing that earns 3 games
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:07 pm

Hafley:
"I think I answered my question pretty clearly when you asked (on Saturday). I respect that you asked again. Elijah's had a great year. He's going through something right now and he's more than likely going to be out. I ask that everyone kind of respects that right now. I've been really honest with you guys throughout and I'll continue to do that. We've got Shitta out for the year. We've got Garwo out for the year. We've got Takacs now out for the year. JB (Jaylen Blackwell) is out for the year, so you guys can cross him off the depth chart...I'm trying to think of anyone else I can expand on...we got some guys bumped up in that (VT) game and we're waiting to see. Kye practiced today, I thought we'd have him back last week, disappointed we didn't, but he had to battle through something and he's ready to go now. Anybody else I'm missing there on injuries? Ryan (O'Keefe) will be out for the year. So, yeah, in the grand scheme of things, you missed O'Keefe at wideout. Garwo at running back. George at tight end. Shitta defensive end. Obviously Bryce (Steele) will remain out for the year. JB will now be out for the year. We'll have the next guy step up and do the best that we can. We've got a lot of young guys playing right now, but it's just...I haven't wanted to talk about a lot of the injuries. Guys that step up, they've got to go out and play and that's just the way it's going to be."
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:23 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Hafley:
"I think I answered my question pretty clearly when you asked (on Saturday). I respect that you asked again. Elijah's had a great year. He's going through something right now and he's more than likely going to be out. I ask that everyone kind of respects that right now. I've been really honest with you guys throughout and I'll continue to do that. We've got Shitta out for the year. We've got Garwo out for the year. We've got Takacs now out for the year. JB (Jaylen Blackwell) is out for the year, so you guys can cross him off the depth chart...I'm trying to think of anyone else I can expand on...we got some guys bumped up in that (VT) game and we're waiting to see. Kye practiced today, I thought we'd have him back last week, disappointed we didn't, but he had to battle through something and he's ready to go now. Anybody else I'm missing there on injuries? Ryan (O'Keefe) will be out for the year. So, yeah, in the grand scheme of things, you missed O'Keefe at wideout. Garwo at running back. George at tight end. Shitta defensive end. Obviously Bryce (Steele) will remain out for the year. JB will now be out for the year. We'll have the next guy step up and do the best that we can. We've got a lot of young guys playing right now, but it's just...I haven't wanted to talk about a lot of the injuries. Guys that step up, they've got to go out and play and that's just the way it's going to be."

His approach to the media genuinely annoys me.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Hafley:

His approach to the media genuinely annoys me.

The media is not permitted to ask tough questions of Hafley. And even if they do, Hafley will give a politician's answer like he did with this disingenuous response.

The last time we had a HC who was honest and genuine with the media, was Jeff Jagodzinski. And he was only genuine in that he at dignified what the questions was. And even then, he often refused to answer questions the media asked of him if it had anything to do with Tom O'Brien.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:30 pm

In the Hafley era, in games played after 11/13 (six games), we have given up a median of 6.8 yards per play. Remember that tonight. I think we win a close one, but a porous defensive performance is a possibility.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby durkcal on Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:25 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:In the Hafley era, in games played after 11/13 (six games), we have given up a median of 6.8 yards per play. Remember that tonight. I think we win a close one, but a porous defensive performance is a possibility.

7.8 yards per play tonight. So we outdid ourselves. The point totals only look reasonable in these games because we take so much time off the clock. Look at yards per play. We can't stop teams except if they have a QB that cannot throw. Even then it is not easy.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:49 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:In the Hafley era, in games played after 11/13 (six games), we have given up a median of 6.8 yards per play. Remember that tonight. I think we win a close one, but a porous defensive performance is a possibility.

7.8 yards per play tonight. So we outdid ourselves. The point totals only look reasonable in these games because we take so much time off the clock. Look at yards per play. We can't stop teams except if they have a QB that cannot throw. Even then it is not easy.

This is incredible. Especially when you consider that we have only had QBs who can throw... but exclusively to the other team.

2023 was perfectly tee'd-up to be a beautifully symmetric season of 4 losses-5 wins-4 losses. But, the Purple invaders from Worcester ruined another BC season... but, this time because they didn't know how to operate a headset.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:11 pm

Firing Hafley makes too much sense. It is literally the least risky move ever. With Daz, it was not like that. Daz was a decent coach. He wasn't "our" coach. But there was basically zero chance of free fall. Hafley is basically the guy that stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night, and now he's doing brain surgery. Free fall is the base case. With Daz, there was risk we would get someone that was not as good (ding ding ding). Basically anyone and everyone is better than Hafley. For example:

Lance Guidry
Curt Cignetti
Ryan Carty
Mark Dantonio
Jim Knowles
Manny Diaz
Bill O'Brien
Tom Herman
Bob Chesney
Drew Cronic
Jason Eck
Brian Flores
Paul Chryst
Dan Mullen
Scott Abell
Mike Denbrock
Shawn Clark

You may not like or have not heard of some of these guys, but ALL would be better than Hafley. (picking out 1-2 you do not like isn't value additive. They all would be better) Part of the reason they ALL would be better is they have track record and experience. Hafley had one year of CO-DC. That's it. He never had to lead more than a position room. These guys have all had more leadership experience, failures, and been able to learn from them.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:13 pm

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:55 pm

All ACC
1st: Mahogany; E. Jones
2nd: Trapilo
3rd: DePalma
HM: Taylor; Hergel; Horsley
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:46 pm

What is the ACC bowl pecking order?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby tallsy on Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:55 pm

BC is going to Fenway to get smoked by SMU. That is, if Hafley doesn't quit like he did his previous two bowls.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:19 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:BC is going to Fenway to get smoked by SMU. That is, if Hafley doesn't quit like he did his previous two bowls.

Sources indicate that Hafley is planning to have Cleveland Circle’s Chipotle be the exclusive caterer the week before the bowl.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:47 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:BC is going to Fenway to get smoked by SMU. That is, if Hafley doesn't quit like he did his previous two bowls.

Sources indicate that Hafley is planning to have Cleveland Circle’s Chipotle be the exclusive caterer the week before the bowl.

Zing! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:38 pm

I feel bad for SMU but not for the reasons I wish. It is a little bit insulting to that conference that their champion has to play BC in a bowl game. They just got done completely dominating Tulane, a top 15-25 program that has been putting fellas in the NFL lately

Dust off the cobwebs — the SMU BC rivalry is back
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:10 pm

i'll let others write the jokes
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy