Flash Poll… next head coach

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Who should replace Hafley?

Brian Flores
56%
Bill O’Brien
38%
Dan Mullen
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: Flash Poll… next head coach

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:BC fired JC because he was out anyway and wasn't following protocols. BC is not firing Hafley this year. No way they are eating four years of paying him for nothing. Leahy has been very spoiled lately. TOB walked. Tampa paid most of Jags buyout. We paid nothing to Bates. Pennies to Spaz and Daz. Got paid by UCLA and Penn St when they hired our ADs. We paid a bit for Skinner and Donahue but both were cheap in the whole scheme of things.

It's a little curious that Hafley missed his press conference yesterday.

It was postponed until today.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:38 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:BC fired JC because he was out anyway and wasn't following protocols. BC is not firing Hafley this year. No way they are eating four years of paying him for nothing. Leahy has been very spoiled lately. TOB walked. Tampa paid most of Jags buyout. We paid nothing to Bates. Pennies to Spaz and Daz. Got paid by UCLA and Penn St when they hired our ADs. We paid a bit for Skinner and Donahue but both were cheap in the whole scheme of things.

It's a little curious that Hafley missed his press conference yesterday.

It was postponed until today.

so will it be with haz just before he gets fired or will it be with the new coach? will the press conference be the new coach coming in mid interview and smashing haz over the head with a pukka shell necklace or will it be more reserved? or will haz be the coach for the foreseeable future because your earlier post about haz getting fired was completely full of crap
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:52 pm

it's not your fault, hansen - i know you're distracted by the new vr app you added to your phone and lifestyle

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:06 pm

I see posters mentioning marijuana usage (or even alleged abuse). For better or worse... pot is legal in Massachusetts for recreation. The NCAA has basically decriminalized it (you need to attend an educational class every time you test positive). It is probably something we regularly use in recruiting. Whalepants just have to get comfortable with it or fight the woke tide that brought it to Mass. We all know about Towlie, but if pot laws had evolved sooner, *** ******* may still be living in 66 Comm Ave.

To that end, TOB and Skinner both had kids who had altercations and it didn't effect their employment status. Heck... Skinner's team regularly had significant run-ins with the law and he never proactively kicked kids out (or even suspended them) and he is a BB coaching god. Here's the deal... if Hafley does something that allows the school to void his final 4 years... he's gone. If not, the bean counters will not care that a few alumni who still follow the football program are so embarrassed that they won't even visit the locker room during postgame showers.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I see posters mentioning marijuana usage (or even alleged abuse). For better or worse... pot is legal in Massachusetts for recreation. The NCAA has basically decriminalized it (you need to attend an educational class every time you test positive). It is probably something we regularly use in recruiting. Whalepants just have to get comfortable with it or fight the woke tide that brought it to Mass. We all know about Towlie, but if pot laws had evolved sooner, *** ******* may still be living in 66 Comm Ave.

To that end, TOB and Skinner both had kids who had altercations and it didn't effect their employment status. Heck... Skinner's team regularly had significant run-ins with the law and he never proactively kicked kids out (or even suspended them) and he is a BB coaching god. Here's the deal... if Hafley does something that allows the school to void his final 4 years... he's gone. If not, the bean counters will not care that a few alumni who still follow the football program are so embarrassed that they won't even visit the locker room during postgame showers.

I was wondering if the NCAA still tested for it given the legalization across the various states.

If BC had people testing positive for cocaine again (I’m looking at you, Chris Herren) then I think this would be an actual problem.

As for the alleged fight, I think a lot depends on if the student was actually an RA or not. That could be a much bigger deal than a fight amongst students which probably can be dealt with much easier
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:26 pm

Aren't RAs still just students (they used to largely be Juniors so they could avoid moving off campus). Maybe that has changed. Look... no one should be happy if Football players are pulling a Sparty on rando students. But, I also don't think there should be some sort of significant higher standard attached to athletes.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium