Wake week 2022

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Wake week 2022

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:57 pm

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Wake week 2022

Postby durkcal on Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:36 am

I see it being something like 41-9. Aside from our road trips to Clemson, Hafley doesn't seem to inspire the guys for playing away from home. Keys to me being wrong are: BC generating any kind of run game, and winning the TO battle. (basically everything we did not do at Va Tech)
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby durkcal on Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:35 am

For the O Line today, I'd like to see them try:

T Trapilo and Conley
G Bowry and Hess
C Allick

Have to get Bowry out there. Makes little sense playing Ness and or Thomas and keeping him on the sideline. And Allick at Center plays better to his size. My guess is we still get Ness and Thomas over the young guys. :(
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:40 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:For the O Line today, I'd like to see them try:

Kendall, Mahogany, Cline, Dirstine all out.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Thornton Melon on Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:11 pm

You really have to appreciate the genius of McNulty with slow moving running plays behind that line.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:27 pm

What’s the plan to fix this OL for next year?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:33 pm

Phil is not a great qb.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:37 pm

This has no business being a one score game, but look what happens when there’s a solid pocket and Phil gets a random flash of pocket awareness + actually having his eyes downfield
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:49 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:What’s the plan to fix this OL for next year?

The plan is to fire everyone
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:19 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:This has no business being a one score game, but look what happens when there’s a solid pocket and Phil gets a random flash of pocket awareness + actually having his eyes downfield

I’m not sure what play this refers to. But, Jurk has more time than Hartman on most plays. It’s just a difference between finding open receivers and delivering the ball to them. Shinkovec is just really, really bad. With all due respect to Mike Farrell Recruiting Stars, he is literally the worst QB in the ACC.

That said, McNulty’s offense is ridiculous for anything post-1990 and is a particularly bad marriage with an OL that struggles to sustain blocks and a QB who is awful at most things. Hafley not making a move over the bye week is as big of a stain on his resume as hiring McNulty in the first place. Can’t wait to see what FCS school Jeff’s agent will solicit in an attempt for another extension.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:52 pm

To take a break from the Jurk hatred, giving up 40 yards on 3rd and 25 was :spaz2 like! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:00 pm

Alright, BC down by 13 with 20 minutes left in the game.

Still kind of in it, sort of.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:28 pm

Defense blows

fire Hafley. Fire him at the airport the way USC fired Lane Kiffen
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:42 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:To take a break from the Jurk hatred, giving up 40 yards on 3rd and 25 was :spaz2 like! :ace

Dagger to my soul

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:To take a break from the Jurk hatred, giving up 40 yards on 3rd and 25 was :spaz2 like! :ace

Dagger to my soul

Now back to how much he fucking sucks.

1. Can’t hit a wide open receiver
2. Throws 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 8
3. telegraphs his pases by locking onto the receiver
4. Throws fucking ducks majority of the time
5. Throws the ball out of bounds on PA deep balls to Zay

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:49 pm

All these ACC coaches should like Hafley. Super nice guy, and easy to beat. Need more like him in the conference.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:53 pm

I like Hafley. I think he is a good defensive coach who fits BC culturally and is a good recruiter.

However, he certainly has shown warts as a Head Coach. He royally fucked up the past 9 months. It started with the contract demand, it continued with the hiring of McNulty, replacement of defecting staffers and not addressing OL via the portal. In addition, he saddled himself with a headcase TE playing out of position at QB… but, that’s understandable given Recruiting Rankings and message board Jurk Watch posts from 2.5 years ago. I think he sucks for not demoting McNulty during the bye week and I think he sucks for not starting the process of moving on from Shinkovec. We should be giving Morehead the 3rd Q each game in preparation for next year and possibly subbing in when Jurk needs his mid-game mental health break.

At most other programs, Hafley is out on his ass. At BC, he’ll be given another year to show he isn’t incompetent. He should be praising the school and it’s fecklessness that passes as patience.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:51 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:All these ACC coaches should like Hafley. Super nice guy, and easy to beat. Need more like him in the conference.

The Jimmy Mac of football
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:32 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I like Hafley. I think he is a good defensive coach who fits BC culturally and is a good recruiter.

However, he certainly has shown warts as a Head Coach. He royally fucked up the past 9 months. It started with the contract demand, it continued with the hiring of McNulty, replacement of defecting staffers and not addressing OL via the portal. In addition, he saddled himself with a headcase TE playing out of position at QB… but, that’s understandable given Recruiting Rankings and message board Jurk Watch posts from 2.5 years ago. I think he sucks for not demoting McNulty during the bye week and I think he sucks for not starting the process of moving on from Shinkovec. We should be giving Morehead the 3rd Q each game in preparation for next year and possibly subbing in when Jurk needs his mid-game mental health break.

At most other programs, Hafley is out on his ass. At BC, he’ll be given another year to show he isn’t incompetent. He should be praising the school and it’s fecklessness that passes as patience.

I don’t think McNulty is the problem. For me, it’s OL injuries and #5.

I agree that taking an OL in the portal was important but it’s hard to compete in the portal against teams that are paying players NIL money when BC is against it institutionally.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:42 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I like Hafley. I think he is a good defensive coach who fits BC culturally and is a good recruiter.

I don’t think McNulty is the problem.

Don’t be stupid Hansen
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:53 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I don’t think McNulty is the problem.

Don’t be stupid Hansen

that’s like telling him not to gobble cock. not gonna happen
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:10 am

This
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:27 am

Our punter was the leading rusher yesterday.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:50 am

two weeks to prepare and haflazio got his ass kicked. what exactly was he doing the past two weeks. i ask because it doesn't look like it was coaching.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium