Clemson Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Clemson Week

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:35 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The coaching aspect of this is a little discouraging.

We were also never beating Clemson with this OL. My lord they are bad

They had this team prepared for the start finally but the in-game coaching once the ball was kicked off has been terrible.

Special teams coach should be fired tomorrow morning.

The coaching is awful all the way around. Hafley isn’t the answer and hopefully he leaves for a NFL DC job this offseason.

It’s pretty tough to evaluate anything on offense with this OL

Why do people think Hafley will walk away for an NFL coordinator job? What NFL team is going to buy him out and top his 3M salary for a coordinator job?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:13 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

They had this team prepared for the start finally but the in-game coaching once the ball was kicked off has been terrible.

The coaching is awful all the way around. Hafley isn’t the answer and hopefully he leaves for a NFL DC job this offseason.

Why do people think Hafley will walk away for an NFL coordinator job? What NFL team is going to buy him out and top his 3M salary for a coordinator job?

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:25 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

none

Time to "Get Out." BC and the board of trustees have to do the right thing, take it on the chin, swallow their loss, and fire him. This is pointless.

Last three coaches (Spaz, Daz, Halfwit) have all sucked. Has there ever been three BC head football coaches IN-A-ROW that sucked this bad?

Give me :toby back
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:46 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I think that Clemson will win the game.

HGAW
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:13 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

HGAW

smartypants!

none of us could have guessed that Clemson would win last night. only you chickenman
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:23 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

none

Time to "Get Out." BC and the board of trustees have to do the right thing, take it on the chin, swallow their loss, and fire him. This is pointless.

Last three coaches (Spaz, Daz, Halfwit) have all sucked. Has there ever been three BC head football coaches IN-A-ROW that sucked this bad?

How hard is it to take it on the chin and swallow a loss? I’m thinking you might have some experience here that you could speak from?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:26 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

none

How hard is it to take it on the chin and swallow a loss? I’m thinking you might have some experience here that you could speak from?

well I can only speak for myself hansen. that said, I believe that we have enough information now to determine that Hafley is not the answer and its time to "Get Out."

innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:3 RBs out, Takacs and Dirstine. Yikes. :|

Not having Broom and Takacs really hurt.
Wake had guys open all over the field against this D, we did not.
McNulty was such a bad hire.

First half, McNulty kept an extra OL as TE to block. It generally worked. Second half, we had one less blocker than Clemson rusher… didn’t work with jittery Shinkovec.

Speaking of McNulty… Schiano just fired his million-dollar-OC that was stolen from Okla State. Maybe someone with access should feign concern about the Patron Saint going big game hunting to reunite with McNulty.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:54 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

First half, McNulty kept an extra OL as TE to block. It generally worked. Second half, we had one less blocker than Clemson rusher… didn’t work with jittery Shinkovec.

Speaking of McNulty… Schiano just fired his million-dollar-OC that was stolen from Okla State. Maybe someone with access should feign concern about the Patron Saint going big game hunting to reunite with McNulty.

Losing to Nebraska and only scoring 13 points should and will get you fired.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

First, Gleeson beat the crap out of our next HC (Tem Lukabu) to secure their win over BC.
Second, Nebraska is first place the B10's Western Division. To that point... are there anyone with at least fictional connections to the broadcast industry? I truly do not have a clue as to how the B10 dominates in TV rights. Sure, B10 has tOSU, Mich, PSU (and now USC), but the rest are a list of overlapping customer bases and small TV markets. MSU has historically been a force in that conference and there was no one at their game against OSU.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:46 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

This
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:24 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

HGAW

homosexual guy assaults weeners
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:38 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

First, Gleeson beat the crap out of our next HC (Tem Lukabu) to secure their win over BC.
Second, Nebraska is first place the B10's Western Division. To that point... are there anyone with at least fictional connections to the broadcast industry? I truly do not have a clue as to how the B10 dominates in TV rights. Sure, B10 has tOSU, Mich, PSU (and now USC), but the rest are a list of overlapping customer bases and small TV markets. MSU has historically been a force in that conference and there was no one at their game against OSU.

Perhaps, but as terrible as we are, we didn't lose to Northwestern, which Nebraska did and more unforgivably, Nebraska gave up 31 to Northwestern--a team that couldn't break double digits against a bad Wisconsin team, was held to two TDs by Miami (OH) and has not come close to scoring thirty points in losses to Duke and Southern Illinois. As for Nebraska, they gave up 45 points to Georgia Southern in a loss and 49 points to the offensively inept Oklahoma. As I said, getting shut down by and losing to Nebraska is a firing offense if you have any standards or self-respect.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:35 pm

nerds?
Boston College administrators sent an email to students on Friday reprimanding their conduct at the Red Bandanna football game on Oct. 8.

“We write to express our disappointment with some of our students’ behavior at the Red Bandana football game this past weekend, including disrespectful treatment of visiting fans on our campus,” the email reads.

The Red Bandana Game is an annual home game where BC football players wear special uniforms and fans sport red bandanas in honor of Welles Crowther, the “man in the red bandana” who saved up to 18 people during the Sept. 11 attacks.

The email from Shawna Cooper Whitehead, vice president for Student Affairs, and Corey Kelly, associate vice president and Dean of Students, said BC received complaints about student behavior at the game that “negatively impacted” community members and visitors.

Cooper Whitehead and Kelly reminded students to be safe and respectful of others and to adhere to the Student Code of Conduct.

“We hope that as BC students, you choose to hold one another accountable and uphold our community values of caring for and serving others and the community, consistent with our Jesuit, Catholic heritage,” the email reads.

Cooper Whitehead and Kelly said they will continue to communicate about expectations for student conduct at games in the future.

“We will be reaching out in various ways to reiterate expectations in the coming weeks, and we welcome your partnership in cultivating a positive game day experience for all,” the email reads.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:44 pm

I don’t think the team’s play was so bad that it warranted such an email. And, while visitors who are still BC fans had their experience “negatively impacted”, I do not believe Clemson visitors were disappointed with the easy win.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium