rutgres prediction thread 9/3/2022

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

rutgres prediction thread 9/3/2022

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:39 pm

the game that lets us know if we could compete in the big ten through the transitive property (huang, we can see you drooling).

o-line is somewhere between poor and pathetic but rutgres is even worse.

patron saint of rapists 21
hafley hearted 28
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Re: rutgres prediction thread 9/3/2022

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:44 pm

BC 23, RutgRes 13
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:59 pm

BC 31
Rutgres 17

rutgersal -2
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:27 pm

72-13 BC
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:33 pm

BC 30-21
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Irishriviera on Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:09 pm

BC 35-10 but it will feel a lot closer and it'll be frustrating.
Irishriviera
Carney Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:18 pm

BC 21 - The Gers 13
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:19 pm

It all starts up front with the biggest, strongest, and most athletic Offensive Linemen Rutgres has ever fielded

LT Willie Tyler 6-5 320 lbs
LG JD Direnzo 6-6 315 lbs
C Ireland Brown 6-4 300 lbs
RG Curtis Dunlap 6-4 335 lbs
RT Hollin Pierce 6-7 330 lbs

Rutgers offense struggled last year, so it was a priority for Schiano to improve the talent via the portal. Overall, the OL is averaging 6-5 320 lbs. Of particular note, Willie Tyler started his football career at Texas. JD Direnzo was an All American at Sacred Heart. Ireland Brown transferred in from Boston College, and was solid playing Guard last year. Curtis Dunlap played extensively at Minnesota, before injuries derailed his career there, and he transferred to Rutgers. Hollin Pierce was a walk on from Trenton, a couple of years ago. He lost 70 lbs, and has subsequently earned a spot in the Rutgers OL starting lineup, and is now at a trim 330lbs. I believe that offensive line performance will determine the outcome of the game, so I think that the Rutgers OL will have a good game, after struggling last year. The line figures to pave the way for a powerful rushing attack.

Rutgers rushing attack is spearheaded by Kyle Monangai, small, powerful back, who played at Don Bosco in Ramsey, NJ, during high school. Monagai is especially adept at running between the tackles, demonstrating exceptional vision, and taking what the defense gives him. Kyle reminds me of Ray Rice, and he should have a decent chance of getting drafted, if he can stay healthy, which was a challenge for him last year. Kyle figures to be complemented by Freshman Sam Brown, a big, powerful back. Sam goes roughly 6-1 220 lbs, and has that extra gear to take the ball to the house. Sam could be the next Johnathan Taylor, and I expect him to have a productive career at Rutgers. Aaron Young and Al Shadee Salaam round out the group and should play as well.

Quarterback Noah Vedral is in his 6th year, and I believe this year will be his best, as this will be his third straight year starting for Rutgers. Vedral isn't particularly flashy, but he has the perseverance, moxie, and grit to get the job done. He knows the offense the best and runs it efficiently. His career highlight thus far is throwing for 381 yards and 3 TDs in a losing effort against Michigan. Last year, he logged 1,823 passing yards, despite less than adequate protection, and a wr corp which lacked depth. i expect Gavin Wimsatt to be QB #2. Wimsatt is a tremendous talent, who has a high ceiling, but though he has shown flashes, he is still somewhat raw, which is why i expect Vedral to be the starter. But Wimsatt will probably play some.

Rutgers WR Corp is led by Taj Harris, a Potential All American. He was previously a third team All ACC player, at Syracuse, and was particularly productive against Notre Dame, Rutgers, Boston College, and NC State. He is a true WR1, and should be one of the Top WRs in the country this year. Harris is complemented by Aron Cruickshank, a 5-10 sparkplug who is one of the top kickoff returners in the country, having been First Team All Big Ten, in 2020. Last year, his season was cut short, due to injury. He is someone else, that should get an NFL opportunity, as long as he can stay healthy. Joshua Youngblood is listed as a wr starter, and is a ksu transfer, who is particularly fast. He hasn't previously played a lot, but will be looking to make the most of his opportunity.

Shameen Jones, Christian Dremel, and WV transfer Sean Ryan should also see extensive action.

Rutgers tight ends are led by Senior Jonny Langan, who previously played quarterback at Boston College. He had 18 catches last year, and is known to sometimes go behind Center and run some option plays. Matt Alaimo is the other tight end, who is solid. Victor Konopka, is .a huge tight end 6-7, with soft hands, and NFL potential.

Rutgers Defense is led by Aaron Lewis who has gotten better every year, and has the potential to be a double digit sack performer. Last year, he was a step away from getting numerous sacks, and he has subsequently worked hard in the offseason to get stronger. As long as he can stay healthy, he should have a very productive year. Lewis is complemented on the other side by Wesley Bailey, who hails from Canada, and is seeing action due to a season ending injury to mohamed toure, who would have started. Excited about the Defensive Tackles, Ifeanyi Maijeh, Mayan Ahonatu, Kyonte Hamilton, and Troy Rainey. All will rotate extensively, to keep themselves fresh. The Defensive Line is probably the deepest, most talented unit on the team.

The Rutgers Linebacking Corp was hit by graduation and injuries, so we will probably only be playing two linebackers, though they are good ones. Deion Jennings will be starting extensively for the first time. He is complemented by Tyreem Powell, who will be a star one day. Linebacker is their thinnest position, and they'll be crossing their fingers that they can avoid injuries.

Rutgers Defensive Back Group is deep, and they will likely be playing 5 defensive backs. The group is led by seniors Christian Izien and Avery Young, both safeties with NFL potential. Izien in particular, is a heavy hitter. Max Melton is the stud of the group, and will likely be matched up against Zay Flowers. His technique and cover skills are outstanding. The other Corner figures to be Kessawn Abraham, who was the Defensive MVP last year. Desmond Igbinosun will be the Rover and will play in the box.

As far as Special Teams go, they've got perhaps the best punter in the nation, and a new kicker. Cruickshank is an especially adept returner. Their kicker is a newcomer, Jude McAtamney.

I think the key to the matchup is whether Boston College is able to establish its running game. If that is the case, Rutgers will be in big trouble, as we know that our future NFL quarterback will get his share of passing yards. That's why Rutgers #1 priority is running the ball and stopping the run. I think that they have the personnel to accomplish this. If both teams are able to run effectively, then the outcome becomes a tossup. That said, with two defensive minded coaches, this feels like a defensive struggle to me, with two seemingly evenly matched teams.

Ultimately, I think Rutgers wins on a late field goal.

Rutgers 17
Boston College 14
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:57 am

Eagles win
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium