Military Bowl

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Military Bowl

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:03 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:If we had even semi-competent moderators, you would have been banned months ago.

I will never understand nor accept the intolerance of the Left. Bigots who hate diversity are destroying this country by pretending authoritarianism is progress.

Agreed. There is nothing ban worthy here. I think it is sad that 2001 wants to "cancel" Dick, instead of argue with or ignore him. But it doesn't surprise me.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:29 am

miutbc {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
miutbc {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So are fully vaccinated football team is riddled with Covid? Hmm, its almost as if the current vaccines are almost entirely worthless and this whole past year has been nothing but a complete waste of time and an exercise in government pumping trillions of dollars into the coffers of certain chosen political donors while needlessly making life miserable for the normals and especially miserable for normals who weren't buying Donny and Joe's Miracle Cure and Snake Oil. It's almost as if we fucked up immensely and should have followed the science-backed approach undertaken by the Swedes and Danes of isolating the vulnerable and letting the virus run its course with the healthy population that shrugged it off like a mild flu.

Anyway, I am glad the bowl is cancelled. We have a shitty team and it's a shitty bowl and East Carolina is a shitty and uninteresting opponent. Also, Annapolis is highly overrated and the whole "Drinking Town with a Boating Problem" is insufferably gay. Also, West Point >>>>>>> Naval Academy.

Jesus, Dick, when did you go from interesting to being such a troll?

I don't know. Guess it's a matter of perspective.

With that said, the vaccines seem pretty worthless at this point unless you subscribe to the notion that they somehow lessen the severity of covid, which is really hard to demonstrate, and, when you actually look at the data, there isn't a lot to support that notion as oldsters and the co-morbidity crew continue to die in big numbers whether they are vaccinated or not, which is why we are up to 800K+ deaths with a Y/Y number that is, remarkably, higher than 2020. In the meantime, rather than a pandemic of the unvaccinated, the primary victims of covid (70% of all deaths) are people older than 75 years old with more than half of that number being in the 85+ years of age group. Over two years, the total number of Americans younger than 50 who have died of covid around 50K with more than 65% of that number being in the 40-49 range. The number of people in that group with known co-morbidities is over 90% with 100% of the 655 children younger than 17 having known, severe co-morbidities.

Also, all of the above data is pulled from CDC and the likely more accurate JHU tracker, so not what you would call a right wing fever swamp. I'd also note, that as the Biden Administration's attacks on the unvaccinated become more extreme and unsettling "winter of death", etc., there is no reliable data to support the notion that the unvaccinated are dying in higher numbers than the vaccinated. In fact, in Israel, 5 out of 6 covid deaths that have occurred since May of 2021 have been vaccinated patients. The numbers are pretty much the same as those reported by the NHS in the UK. Meanwhile, the Swedes have averaged less than one covid death per day in 2021 (.6) after isolating the elderly and infirm in 2020 and letting covid run through its general population. Make what you will of the data, but it isn't trolling to point it out.

Of course, if you are talking about my harsh statements about our football team, our would-be opponent, the quality of the Military Bowl, my feelings about Annapolis or the relative merits of the USMA--which produced Grant, Sherman, Patton, Eisenhower, etc--vs. the USNA--which produced Jimmy Carter and Chester Nimitz (who was rejected by West Point)--welp, I can't help you there as facts are facts.

I’ll probably regret conversing with someone as obnoxiously retarded as yourself, but riddle me this dipshit, why has your beloved Army spent two years on a project to develop a vaccine that supposedly is effective against all variants?

Which variants are the current vaccines not effective against?

Dunno. Ask the Army.

http://www.army.mil/article/252890/seri ... t_strategy[/quote

Have you ever taken a science class?

Yeah. I took anatomy with your mom and your sisters.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:33 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:If we had even semi-competent moderators, you would have been banned months ago.

I will never understand nor accept the intolerance of the Left. Bigots who hate diversity are destroying this country by pretending authoritarianism is progress.

I’ll never understand how fucking stupid you are.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:50 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Your post was quite ironic. You can literally make the same argument about the Trump-led GOP.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:52 am

Did we win the hypothetical Military Bowl?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:53 am

I must confess, I did not expect 2001 to have a holiday-related meltdown. I honestly didn’t think he was smart enough or self-aware enough to have this kind of mental collapse. It’s got to be hard living in a city that is in a Detroit-in-the-70s type economic and demographic death spiral and no that there is no hope of salvation coming in the form of a competent Giuliani (1990s version) or Bloomberg (early 2000s version) coming to save you.

Couple this with watching all of philosophical/political/moral assumptions you have smugly held your whole privileged and sheltered life reduced to ashes by the collection of incompetent, neo-Marxist buffoons who you placed all of your hopes and faith in coupled with the realization that your blind and unwavering support for these buffoons has left you in the same rhetorical foxhole as Donald Trump, and on the losing side of the argument to boot! It’s a gotterdammerung moment and a good advertisement for the virtues of agnosticism versus secularism/atheism (which is really just a series of magical beliefs about humanity). Your Gods can’t die if you aren’t sure they exist in the first place.

Finally, couple all of this with Holiday stress and the utterly ineffectual nature of the entire BC athletic regime and it is a toxic mix for our own village idiot. So be kind to 2001. Yes, he sucks. Yes, he is stupid. And, yes, you are watching the glorious spectacle of nemesis coming for hubris, but still, the guy apparently has kids this has got to be hard for them to watch so let’s not gloat too much. Besides which, I caught a really nice snook this morning in a small bayou off of Roosevelt Channel and am feeling magnanimous.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:31 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I’ll never understand how fucking stupid you are.

No one here is stupid.

All this place has done is demonstrate how we (as US citizens) have lost the functional ability to talk or reason with one another. We scream and insult and (if that doesn't work) we try and "cancel" to get our opponent to "shut up" and "go away." We don't argue anymore. And you haven't made an argument 2001.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:37 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I must confess, I did not expect 2001 to have a holiday-related meltdown. I honestly didn’t think he was smart enough or self-aware enough to have this kind of mental collapse. It’s got to be hard living in a city that is in a Detroit-in-the-70s type economic and demographic death spiral and no that there is no hope of salvation coming in the form of a competent Giuliani (1990s version) or Bloomberg (early 2000s version) coming to save you.

Couple this with watching all of philosophical/political/moral assumptions you have smugly held your whole privileged and sheltered life reduced to ashes by the collection of incompetent, neo-Marxist buffoons who you placed all of your hopes and faith in coupled with the realization that your blind and unwavering support for these buffoons has left you in the same rhetorical foxhole as Donald Trump, and on the losing side of the argument to boot! It’s a gotterdammerung moment and a good advertisement for the virtues of agnosticism versus secularism/atheism (which is really just a series of magical beliefs about humanity). Your Gods can’t die if you aren’t sure they exist in the first place.

Finally, couple all of this with Holiday stress and the utterly ineffectual nature of the entire BC athletic regime and it is a toxic mix for our own village idiot. So be kind to 2001. Yes, he sucks. Yes, he is stupid. And, yes, you are watching the glorious spectacle of nemesis coming for hubris, but still, the guy apparently has kids this has got to be hard for them to watch so let’s not gloat too much. Besides which, I caught a really nice snook this morning in a small bayou off of Roosevelt Channel and am feeling magnanimous.

Drinking a Bloody Mary on the beach in Hilton head and feeling just fine.

Thanks for more of your political drivel. It’s great that you do this in every single fucking thread.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:09 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I must confess, I did not expect 2001 to have a holiday-related meltdown. I honestly didn’t think he was smart enough or self-aware enough to have this kind of mental collapse. It’s got to be hard living in a city that is in a Detroit-in-the-70s type economic and demographic death spiral and no that there is no hope of salvation coming in the form of a competent Giuliani (1990s version) or Bloomberg (early 2000s version) coming to save you.

Thanks for more of your political drivel. It’s great that you do this in every single fucking thread.

Your words suggest otherwise. Remember, don't take it out on your kids.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:13 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:What’s the score in this alternate reality game by the way? I’m bored

Well, after ECU went up 34-10 late in the 3rd quarter I went to watch the sunset over the Gulf and grabbed a beer at the Mucky Duck—sort of the Captiva Island equivalent of apple picking. If this alternate universe was not grounded in reality, Moorehead would have rallied the troops to the greatest bowl comeback since Joe Montana recovered from hypothermia quickly enough to lead Notre Dame to a comeback win in the 1979 Cotton Bowl against Houston, but since this is grounded in the harsh reality surrounding this program I can report that Moorehouse did replace Grosel after the pick six and managed two 3 and outs while ECU added another touchdown and a 41-10 lead late in the fourth quarter at which point ECU emptied its bench which lead to Moorehead marching the Eagles on a garbage time drive to make it 41-17 with 1:36 to go. Hafley than called an onside kick which BC recovered and Moorehead again lit up the ECU walk-ons and scout team members on a 4 play 45 second TD drive to make the score 41-24. An ensuing onside kick failed and ECU ran out the clock.

After the game Hafley talked about how the game might have been different had Phil not gone down so early in the game, praised Grosel for his courageous leadership under tough circumstances and talked about how Moorehead showed that the future was bright. Later this evening, Logitano, who was one of perhaps 65 BC fans who attended the game, will be kicked out of McGarvey’s and later arrested outside of Dock Street after mouthing off to an Annapolis cop. The Friends of the Program will get him RoR’ed and the charges will be dropped after a generous donation to the Annapolis PD Widows and Orphans find.

First and foremost yes I was arrested but I was not alone! Murt and I got tossed out of McGarvey's together. We are now wondering around the campus and Murt points out the statue of Tecumseh and tells me hey we have had a crap day and we need them to buy us our next round. That statue is filled with $$. The middies toss pennies into Tecumseh's quiver.

I being the dumb dago that I am I go along with this idea and he boosts me up and yes there were tons and tons of coins in Tecumseh's quiver. I am tossing them down and laughing about all the MGDs these coins will buy us and then I realize Murt is gone (he left me like he left his afghan interpreter) and in his place was an MP. Not cool! They turned me over to the Annapolis police who then locked me up (it was the lack of respect that hurt the most in their jail, well the other thing hurt the most but it was the lack of respect that hurt the second most). :ace

Just so we’re clear, getting arrested by Shore Patrol and spending time in the brig does not entitle you to USAA benefits.

These are good posts and you should both feel good about them. With that said, I think that if you are beaten up in the brig or roughed up by the Shore Patrol, you may be eligible for USAA benefits.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:56 pm

Back to the actual game, the ecu fans are incredibly mad and it’s times like these i wish there were still invasions.

They raised $200k to cover costs which included buying the players a bowl ring
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:36 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:They raised $200k to cover costs which included buying the players a bowl ring

Self appointing championships never actually won is such an AAC thing to do.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:03 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I’ll probably regret conversing with someone as obnoxiously retarded as yourself, but riddle me this dipshit, why has your beloved Army spent two years on a project to develop a vaccine that supposedly is effective against all variants?

Defense against bioweapons - including broader vaccine/immunity research and development - is within the scope of the Army's mission. USAMRIID conducts its umbrella of activities chiefly out of Fort Detrick, MD. I think you'll find that it's separate and silo'ed from civilian missions (NIH, CDC) for a variety of excellent reasons.

Said another way, this is like asking why football teams study successful offenses.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:01 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Who are you kidding. You know you're drinking White Claws.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:20 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Who are you kidding. You know you're drinking White Claws.

Board Judge Verdict: True.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:41 pm

Has anyone told ECU to go home yet? I heard they are still waiting for a replacement opponent. Anyone know how the Covid sponsored bowl parade was?

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:45 am

apparently they turned down an opportunity to pay RCC

speaking of carolina schools, what a dud of a season for mack brown. i'm not sure if it's teddy's :thehjs but another less with more job from mack
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:44 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:apparently they turned down an opportunity to pay RCC

speaking of carolina schools, what a dud of a season for mack brown. i'm not sure if it's teddy's :thehjs but another less with more job from mack

It's me. Mack Brown = Roy Williams.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun May 01, 2022 1:01 pm

I remember all of this

innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:36 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Back to the actual game, the ecu fans are incredibly mad and it’s times like these i wish there were still invasions.

They raised $200k to cover costs which included buying the players a bowl ring

ECU fans aren't the only ones who are mad. I was talking this weekend with one of the Military Bowl organizers who was involved in picking up the pieces. They are beside themselves over what happened and they fully blame BC and BC alone.

To be clear, they think very highly of Hafley, the rest of the coaching staff, and of the players themselves. FWIW they observed that the players seem to think the world of Hafley and the coaches. But the bowl organizers are furious that BC would test everyone regularly, rather than just those who exhibit symptoms. They say that inflated the count of positives such that BC couldn't field a team, which they saw as a real kick in the teeth as BC crowed about how they had avoided Covid. Based on the conversation I had, it seems they're not shy about telling their story to their peers.

What really galls them is that they weren't even supposed to get BC. They were supposed to line up one of the Virginia schools to play ECU, and with cross-border and cross-school relationships they expected strong ticket sales as a result. But they ended up stuck with BC because one of those schools wanted a different bowl and it caused a bunch of dominoes to fall that "stuck" the Military Bowl with BC.

Then BC evidently sold something like 5% of the tickets that ECU sold. BC was going to buy up the unsold tickets of course, but the empty seats would have looked terrible on television. Then BC "overtested" and couldn't field a team, eliminating TV money and endangering the bowl's capacity to even get sponsors to put on the game.

So the story is out there that if you take BC, they won't just fail to send fans. Rather, they may do something stupid to kill your bowl and leave you holding the bag. Maybe Fenway will take the risk because they could sell tickets to the locals, but BC doesn't want a home game for a bowl. Regardless, even as other bowls got canceled for Covid outbreaks, we in particular seem to be seen as responsible and bad business partners due to the "overtesting".
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:14 am

the sooner these bowl committee organizers get dissolved the better
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:37 am

I've kind of given up caring much about bowl selection issues, but that whole story stinks, and people have long memories. I hope it doesn't hurt the current players too much or result in them being denied bowl opportunities.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium